LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So

we’re going to the NEC on thursday, we’ll be there a max of 6 hours possibly less looking to spend (maybe) £225000 less PX
on an A Class

1. max 8mtrs

2. Not white (silver)

3. 2 berth (poss 4) so 4 belts

4. Island bed (poss singles)

5. double floor but don’t want to have to climb a staircase to get in/out

6. big garage for folding elec bikes, chairs,table but no high bed inside

7. Must be auto and poss Merc but not essential so Iveco or something else

8. enough roof room for 600w min solar

This will poss be our last motorhome so good build quality with no shitty dealer backup service would be nice

Dealer max 2 hours but pre preferred less from West Yorks, is their any good dealers out there ???

Can you think of anything else and i’m not a fan of the TV in the hab door entrance either

cheers
Al

PS. Val will not entertain rouffle leather so has to be nice n smooth

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Hi, Your budget is just under for a decent Morello, but it's great for a Carthago, There is a great company called Premium Motorhomes based near Doncaster, they sale both of theses motorhomes, so if I was you, I would go there, and see which models you like, you could compare both makes at the same time, although the Morello is a little bit longer than 8mt, I think you can get one which is shorter, but I don't think its worth the price, with the Carthago you have a great choose of models, my wife wants the liner for two, because it has a great kitchen and lounge, it is a great model, but I would like the twin beds at the back, but it is what the wife wants, I am still holding back, good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

P.S. the Premium Motorhomes address is below.

Premium Motorhomes
Plumtree Farm Industrial Estate
Plumtree Road
Harworth
DN11 8EW

+44(0)1302 710 543
sales@premium-motorhomes.co.uk

Quite a few times i’ve said I don’t want a Morello so i’ll say it one more time

I DON’T WANT A MORELLO

and Carthago rattle they’re bollox off apparently so I don’t want one of them either

Thanks all the same

Al 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Hi Al
Well I have just come back from viewing a year old Carthago which are considering buying . Don’t get me wrong we actually liked the van …..But …..boy did it rattle ! Baring in mind it was totally empty it was the fixture and fitting that rattled . I even took the oven grills out to try to stop it . We don’t know what was rattling but it wasn’t one sing rattle , it was multiple . I have to be honest it’s taken the wind out of our sails ….. at the price they are we did not expect that . The small amount of noise we get from our existing van is bliss compared to what we have just driven . Shame …..we are in a quandary now .
What model was it?, I am surprised at that as ours has a few rattles but these are from items we store( incorrectly) I agree with a previous comment that loaded up / empty does also make a difference. I have tag axle and run tyres at 60psi, and drives like a dream.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm glad we're all different. Back to the vans though. I had a look at some rear lounge vans and IMHO, they're all a bit gloomy and old fashioned. That's fine if you like that sort of thing. I don't. So good decision Al and Val. I'd rather share a bottle of 'the Gov'nor' in your present and very nicely appointed van 😁.
The problem I find with rear lounges is that they're a wriggle to get into to and then the view doesnt compare to the view through a decent A class windscreen.

Cathargo's are a pretty good product but its a shame they dont have another lounge choice, I can never seem to sit straight in them.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95

I DON’T WANT A MORELLO

and Carthago rattle they’re bollox off apparently so I don’t want one of them either

Thanks all the same

Al 👍
Have you looked at any N&B yet 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The problem I find with rear lounges is that they're a wriggle to get into to and then the view doesnt compare to the view through a decent A class windscreen.

Cathargo's are a pretty good product but its a shame they dont have another lounge choice, I can never seem to sit straight in them.
Thing I don’t like about carthagos is the kitchen, it’s not very good, if you get a tag axle I’d expect the extra room in the kitchen, but no it’s in the lounge which I kind of get, but they could have split the extra length between the two (Mrs Westy would like more worktop). I like the neutrality and brightness in a Morelo, I like all the locker set up down the outside, I like the drivetrain and the option for a telma, but I agree with Al n Val they are tall and more boxy than most cheaper motorhomes, would that stop ME having one, hell no, providing i was fit enough to get in and around it.
I’m pretty sure I’d clip one of the mirrors on something though😁😁

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008

I DON’T WANT A MORELLO

Thanks all the same

Al 👍
Have you considered a Morelo 🤣🤣🤣

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Worth stepping foot in a couple Al , I know from experience photos don't match the feel.

Yes i’ve always seen something first before casting an opinion Tam

Funny thing though, I was very interested in a N&B tag before we bought this Rapido, the owner was local to me, had it from brand new, a year old with he said nearly £40k of extras including full VB air and levellers.

It looked brand new and mint condition and was mine for £105k but it had single beds so that was the non starter bit for us, with hindsight maybe we should have given it more thought as it really was a beauty. 😉

It was john the owner who actually told me about the Rapido we’ve got now 🤔

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Seeing as you mostly do Benidorm Al this might suit you better, fresh modern feel no steps and all the extras come as standard, also has excellent water and waste capacity and is really good on the mpg and you wont get any rattles….😎😉

Plus you’ll have some change for a tow car…

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Hi, Your budget is just under for a decent Morello, but it's great for a Carthago, There is a great company called Premium Motorhomes based near Doncaster, they sale both of theses motorhomes, so if I was you, I would go there, and see which models you like, you could compare both makes at the same time, although the Morello is a little bit longer than 8mt, I think you can get one which is shorter, but I don't think its worth the price, with the Carthago you have a great choose of models, my wife wants the liner for two, because it has a great kitchen and lounge, it is a great model, but I would like the twin beds at the back, but it is what the wife wants, I am still holding back, good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

P.S. the Premium Motorhomes address is below.

Premium Motorhomes
Plumtree Farm Industrial Estate
Plumtree Road
Harworth
DN11 8EW

+44(0)1302 710 543
sales@premium-motorhomes.co.uk

Yeah we live about 35 mins from Premium

when we were buying the Comanche we went down the road to Premium, walking round, trying the door, knocked on the door, knocked louder on the door, waved to a lady upstairs in the office who waved back,

shouted

IS SOMEONE COMING OUT OR NOT

No one did so buggered off

3 weeks ago emailed them about a Carthago and the pressure to place an order drove me away again

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Seeing as you mostly do Benidorm Al this might suit you better, fresh modern feel no steps and all the extras come as standard, also has excellent water and waste capacity and is really good on the mpg and you wont get any rattles….😎😉

Plus you’ll have some change for a tow car…

We don’t mostly do Benidorm though Gary, we might have a couple of weeks then move on 😉

We decided over 30 years ago we’ll never buy a place abroad and I can’t see that changing mate tbh

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthargo

I DON’T WANT A MORELLO

Thanks all the same

Al 👍
A female Carthago then, problem solved. :LOL: Sorry couldn't resist. Sounds like you would be better off with what you have at the moment.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Yeah we live about 35 mins from Premium

when we were buying the Comanche we went down the road to Premium, walking round, trying the door, knocked on the door, knocked louder on the door, waved to a lady upstairs in the office who waved back,

shouted

IS SOMEONE COMING OUT OR NOT

No one did so buggered off

3 weeks ago emailed them about a Carthago and the pressure to place an order drove me away again
I called them a couple of years ago to go and look at a Carthago E-Line 51 they had in stock. I called about 09:30 hours and told the female sales person I would travel to Premium to take a look that day. She said that was OK.

It’s a 3 hour journey for me and I arrived 3 hours later to be told by the same lady it was sold. I was less than impressed. She had my number and could have called.

It actually wasn’t sold, it was priced too cheaply and they put it back on their website at a higher price the next day.

Needless to say, we spent our money elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No

That wasnt a serious suggestion :giggle: I could get serious about a pusher version though, this one is lovely and cheaper than a lot of Arto's :unsure:. Dammit this thread and talking to funflair last night has got me looking again, I thought I'd broken free :LOL::LOL:

1st dibs on yours please Jon😂🙏🙏

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I called them a couple of years ago to go and look at a Carthago E-Line 51 they had in stock. I called about 09:30 hours and told the female sales person I would travel to Premium to take a look that day. She said that was OK.

It’s a 3 hour journey for me and I arrived 3 hours later to be told by the same lady it was sold. I was less than impressed. She had my number and could have called.

It actually wasn’t sold, it was priced too cheaply and they put it back on their website at a higher price the next day.

Needless to say, we spent our money elsewhere.
We bought from Premium in 2020 the deal was ok but warranty was hard work and very unorganised

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No

I DON’T WANT A MORELLO

Thanks all the same

Al 👍
Our newish to us Carthago doesn’t rattle, apart from some of the crockery if we haven’t packed it properly, it’s 16 yr old, in fact it actually rattles less than the Morelo 🤷‍♀️ maybe that says something about the build quality back then👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
So

we’re going to the NEC on thursday, we’ll be there a max of 6 hours possibly less looking to spend (maybe) £225000 less PX
on an A Class

1. max 8mtrs

2. Not white (silver)

3. 2 berth (poss 4) so 4 belts

4. Island bed (poss singles)

5. double floor but don’t want to have to climb a staircase to get in/out

6. big garage for folding elec bikes, chairs,table but no high bed inside

7. Must be auto and poss Merc but not essential so Iveco or something else

8. enough roof room for 600w min solar

This will poss be our last motorhome so good build quality with no shitty dealer backup service would be nice

Dealer max 2 hours but pre preferred less from West Yorks, is their any good dealers out there ???

Can you think of anything else and i’m not a fan of the TV in the hab door entrance either

cheers
Al

PS. Val will not entertain rouffle leather so has to be nice n smooth

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
On another note
I was wandering round Brownhills yesterday morning, every vehicle in the showroom was reduced in price, some by as much as £10/11000.

Then I saw the Adria Supersonic 890, that was £20000 discounted 😱

It’s a motorhome we’d consider but the dull gloomy interior in our opinion is dreadful, dark flooring and cabinetry, very dark leather, had me reaching on my belt for my miners lamp. It was like sitting in the pit bottom 🤣

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
On another note
I was wondering round Brownhills yesterday morning, every vehicle in the showroom was reduced in price, some by as much as £10/11000.

Then I saw the Adria Supersonic 890, that was £20000 discounted 😱

It’s a motorhome we’d consider but the dull gloomy interior in our opinion is dreadful, dark flooring and cabinetry, very dark leather, had me reaching on my belt for my miners lamp. It was like sitting in the pit bottom 🤣

Goes to show how much of a mark up there is….🤔

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
What model was it?, I am surprised at that as ours has a few rattles but these are from items we store( incorrectly) I agree with a previous comment that loaded up / empty does also make a difference. I have tag axle and run tyres at 60psi, and drives like a dream.
Hi G1969
It was a Chic C line Tag 2023 model.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back