things you never had, but now have, that you couldn't do without. (3 Viewers)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So, lets imagine, you are going to replace your motorhome next week.

What will you have to take from your current van on to your new one? However, something that you never thought you would ever want but since having, you simply couldn't do without.

20 years ago we had a CI, it had nothing on it, just the normal, cooker, heating shower etc. as we've gone on..
I couldn't do without gaslow, Self levelling, an awning, air, outside BBQ point, outside shower, motorhome WIFI. alloy wheels, automatic, garage, TV,

if you has to change tomorrow, what comes with you?

Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
Smartphone, I don't know how I ever managed without it, I've always got it in my hand, I'm even typing this on it šŸ˜³šŸ˜† I can do without anything else šŸ˜
Hi! Are you using an App on your Smartphone?? I'd love to get it but can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
The box full of spares that has gradually been added to each time we change the van, things like our last van was an Elddis Aspire 255 with ALDE heating. As we are often away out of season I bought a spare circulation pump but never used it. As our current van has blown air itā€™s in the box with other stuff. If I didnt carry it I am sure I would come across someone whoā€™s pump has failed. Itā€™s in there with spare gpl adaptors, spare bulkhead regulator, spare side marker lights, etc etc.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Does it actually keep mossies away from you, though? My experience with every gadget I've bought (more out of desperation than expectation) is that, well, they just don't.
Don't know yet, just at Scarborough this weekend so not many about. The LED light is really good, 8 hours on medium brightness, can't fault it for 20 quid. The amazon reviews say the insect killer part works for mozzies and tiny flies, but not for house flies.

20240413_122822.jpg

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Manual every time.

It's the one major thing on my current automatic van I wish I could change and make it manual.

( Understand automatics if your are a delivery driver or use the van in an urban area, but manual is better for most motorhomes)
And a godsend if you have arthritis in your left knee and hip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Don't know yet, just at Scarborough this weekend so not many about. The LED light is really good, 8 hours on medium brightness, can't fault it for 20 quid. The amazon reviews say the insect killer part works for mozzies and tiny flies, but not for house flies.

View attachment 885240
We used one on our trips last year, worked well.
Would add to previous about auto gearbox, gas fire, quick and efficient, but don't have in this van, gas low, quest pop up, mobile phone/sat nav and a good road map. Oops forgot silver screens and remoska and cadac and external gas point. Going to another thread before i think of anything else I had in previous vans and wish i had in this.

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Lots on here saying Alde which is great and far better than Truma (yes Iā€™ve had both) But have they got the engine heat exchanger? itā€™s brilliant!šŸ‘šŸ‘ To be brutally honest Iā€™ve said on here Iā€™m changing van and doing a build, but Iā€™m struggling to part with it and Alde is just one of a number of reasons why Iā€™m struggling!
So for me it would be Alde (with the polar package) motorhome WiFi and E&P levellersšŸ‘

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi! Are you using an App on your Smartphone?? I'd love to get it but can't seem to find it anywhere :(
there is no app as such to download..

simply drag the URL from the browser to your phone home screen ..

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I think I would like every thing to work! All as bought from new! As soon as I go away something leaks or stops working. Every time!

Upvote 0
Mar 7, 2018
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria izola 5687sp
Exp
since 2018
So, lets imagine, you are going to replace your motorhome next week.

What will you have to take from your current van on to your new one? However, something that you never thought you would ever want but since having, you simply couldn't do without.

20 years ago we had a CI, it had nothing on it, just the normal, cooker, heating shower etc. as we've gone on..
I couldn't do without gaslow, Self levelling, an awning, air, outside BBQ point, outside shower, motorhome WIFI. alloy wheels, automatic, garage, TV,

if you has to change tomorrow, what comes with you?
Gaslow just takes away any worry

Upvote 0

philmc79

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 4, 2018
East Manchester
Funster No
MH
LP Coach Built
Exp
since 2 weeks ago
Self Leveling, Gaslow, Starlink, rear air suspension, Fire Stick, TV and bedding.

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+

View attachment 885240
It doesn't work for fruit flies.

Don't ask me how I know. :(

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
As we have a VW camper, I wouldn't take much if we got another (bigger) van.

It would be the small things.

We have a set of stainless steel insulated mugs, which are just brilliant, and a matching 1 litre insulated cafetiere which I turned in to a teapot. I would be devastated if they were lost or stolen, you can't get them anymore.

We also have a small, folding washing up drainer. We'd use it even in a bigger van.

And the small table top we have, it's tiny but just big enough for dinner and cups, I'd take that.

Oh, and the Koni suspension we had installed, except it wouldn't work on a Ducato :rofl:

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

The only thing I couldn't do without in that list is a garage.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lots on here saying Alde which is great and far better than Truma (yes Iā€™ve had both) But have they got the engine heat exchanger? itā€™s brilliant!šŸ‘šŸ‘ To be brutally honest Iā€™ve said on here Iā€™m changing van and doing a build, but Iā€™m struggling to part with it and Alde is just one of a number of reasons why Iā€™m struggling!
So for me it would be Alde (with the polar package) motorhome WiFi and E&P levellersšŸ‘
It would be very easy to install in a self build, don't see the problem.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Manual every time.

It's the one major thing on my current automatic van I wish I could change and make it manual.

( Understand automatics if your are a delivery driver or use the van in an urban area, but manual is better for most motorhomes)
Having had both would never have a manual again I find them totally unsuitable for Motorhomes. Last thing you want navigating through a very tight hill top village up a mountian is to have worry about changing gear, especially when it's an awful cable change which all vans are.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
My Garmin sat nav was something I never dreamed would be part of my life. Traveling on my own in the past I used to rite the road numbers on the edge of the windscreen with a chinagraph pencil.
Apart from not getting lost as much my speeding fines have gone down.

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Diesel heater, solar panels, lithium batteries, air fryer, fire stick, auto box would be a big plus!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back