things you never had, but now have, that you couldn't do without. (4 Viewers)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So, lets imagine, you are going to replace your motorhome next week.

What will you have to take from your current van on to your new one? However, something that you never thought you would ever want but since having, you simply couldn't do without.

20 years ago we had a CI, it had nothing on it, just the normal, cooker, heating shower etc. as we've gone on..
I couldn't do without gaslow, Self levelling, an awning, air, outside BBQ point, outside shower, motorhome WIFI. alloy wheels, automatic, garage, TV,

if you has to change tomorrow, what comes with you?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018

What will you have to take from your current van on to your new one? However, something that you never thought you would ever want but since having, you simply couldn't do without.

20 years ago we had a CI, it had nothing on it, just the normal, cooker, heating shower etc. as we've gone on..
I couldn't do without gaslow, Self levelling, an awning, air, outside BBQ point, outside shower, motorhome WIFI. alloy wheels, automatic, garage, TV,

Mrs Yoghurtpot!

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Is this a la la land 'Imagine you're going to change...' with money no object or a real life 'If you changed, what do you require?' ?

Upvote 1
Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Probably the outside bbq point, the rest I could do without. All I want is the normal on board facilities that are fitted as standard although somewhere to set down my beer safely would be a bonus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Is this a la la land 'Imagine you're going to change...' with money no object

No, itā€™s what you already have that you will definitely take with you/have on your next van.

or a real life 'If you changed, what do you require?' ?

No, itā€™s what youā€™ve already had and refuse to do without on your next van.

As haganap states:

Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
automatic, gaslow, wifi
dont miss oven or microwave.
interesting, just the post I'm looking for.

Always had grill, but don't on the new waggon. just an over.

never considered this. Had a microwave but don't really miss it, but a nice have,

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
probably a bit of a given.. but would you go comformatic or manual?
Manual every time.

It's the one major thing on my current automatic van I wish I could change and make it manual.

( Understand automatics if your are a delivery driver or use the van in an urban area, but manual is better for most motorhomes)

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Manual every time.

It's the one major thing on my current automatic van I wish I could change and make it manual.

( Understand automatics if your are a delivery driver or use the van in an urban area, but manual is better for most motorhomes)
I drive a manual car most of the time but also drive a couple of robotised gearbox vehicles. One flappy paddle sort of sporty thingy and one point and go Moho and I know which are more fun, safer and more fuel efficient - It's not the manual btw šŸ˜‰

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Apart from being lighter than Steel and offering better braking because of having less inertia they also disperse heat much quicker so on those long downhills they off better braking and safety.
First thing I bought was blingy alloys but even I would struggle to justify them for any if those reasons šŸ„“

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
interesting, just the post I'm looking for.

Always had grill, but don't on the new waggon. just an over.

never considered this. Had a microwave but don't really miss it, but a nice have,
We have an airfryer - itā€™s been a game changer.

As you had the same van as us, youā€™ll agree that the oven is rubbish!

However to use the airfryer, weā€™ve had to go down the lithium (and all that entails) route.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
However, something that you never thought you would ever want but since having, you simply couldn't do without.
IMG_20231113_102310_Original.jpeg

Well, you did ask! :rofl:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

The first best and most valuable would be my Wife ā¤ļø

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Gaslow refillables, Roof Vented SOG, Garage & E-Bike, Solar Panels with Mppt, Moka Pot & Grinder for my real Coffee, Gas BBQ & Remoska Oven (when on EHU), Tefal deep Glass lidded Saute Pan, Large Fridge/Freezer, Mattress Toppers, Goose Down Pillows, with individual sleeping bags, much less effort to make beds.
Proper Glass tumblers for my beers, wine & whisky, with good company.(y)
LES

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Manual every time.

I agree, clutch and brake control every time for me. With cruise control it's the best solution to managing 3.5 tons of moving house šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I agree, clutch and brake control every time for me. With cruise control it's the best solution to managing 3.5 tons of moving house šŸ¤£
Being a girl motorhome driver, I much prefer our current automatic to our previous manual. Just one less thing to think about when trying to traverse an unfamiliar city!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back