Starlink ordered… I feel it’s the only sensible option now.. (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Met a fellow starlink roam guy today , at my favourite park up Parking L’Almadrava South of tarragona,.
Dutch couple , said it was 90 euros in Netherlands and has just been reduced to 50.

Maybe uk next ???

Keeping them crossed 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Met a fellow starlink roam guy today , at my favourite park up Parking L’Almadrava South of tarragona,.
Dutch couple , said it was 90 euros in Netherlands and has just been reduced to 50.

Maybe uk next ???

A reduction the the UK.

LOL when that happens I’ll eat my hat.

Yeah… more likely to go up….🤔

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I suppose it depends on the uk market where they sit the cost.
If virgin or whoever are doing unlimited fast at whatever price then starlink won't be below that.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Well I’ve been in Spain for four months and sadly it’s not adopted pricing available here. 🙃😢

Of course it won’t because it’s cheaper but you can bet if the other way round it’ll change after a month…

Says the cynical me…😆😎

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I’ve just sent Starlink this message see what they say.

Sir, madam,

I have noticed that I’m paying £85.00 per month for my system and I now find that it’s available elsewhere in Europe at a far less cost.

Can you explain to me why this is please?

Also, does Starlink have plans to reduce the cost in the UK as I’m finding £85.00 a month compared to the rest of Europe extremely expensive.

Would Starlink be willing to reduce my monthly fees inline with Europe?

Regards,

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I’ve just sent Starlink this message see what they say.

Sir, madam,

I have noticed that I’m paying £85.00 per month for my system and I now find that it’s available elsewhere in Europe at a far less cost.

Can you explain to me why this is please?

Also, does Starlink have plans to reduce the cost in the UK as I’m finding £85.00 a month compared to the rest of Europe extremely expensive.

Would Starlink be willing to reduce my monthly fees inline with Europe?

Regards,
I asked 6 months back, but felt the answer was literally an auto reply
-------------------------------------------------

Market competition means Starlink faces different levels of competition in various European and none European markets, leading to adjusting prices strategically
Local infrastructure costs like the cost of setting up and maintaining Starlink infrastructure varies depending on factors like land acquisition, regulatory compliance, and existing infrastructure in each country, along with varying shipping and manufacturing costs.
Government subsidies or partnerships in some countries that Starlink have partnered with local governments or received subsidies that allow them to offer lower prices in different regions.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I asked 6 months back, but felt the answer was literally an auto reply
-------------------------------------------------

Market competition means Starlink faces different levels of competition in various European and none European markets, leading to adjusting prices strategically
Local infrastructure costs like the cost of setting up and maintaining Starlink infrastructure varies depending on factors like land acquisition, regulatory compliance, and existing infrastructure in each country, along with varying shipping and manufacturing costs.
Government subsidies or partnerships in some countries that Starlink have partnered with local governments or received subsidies that allow them to offer lower prices in different regions.
Translated - get stuffed not a chance.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I hope they don't drop the price in the UK. If it was £50 every man and his dog would get it and it would slow down a lot. Keeping the price up means we keep the speed up (y) :p

Of course I am kidding :)

Last edited:
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I hope they don't drop the price in the UK. If it was £50 every man and his dog would get it and it would slow down a lot. Keeping the price up means we keep the speed up (y) :p
We would swap our EE and Three bonded link in the static for starlink in a heartbeat if it was £50 (as it's occupied 50 weekends of year).
(as a non roaming static). Thats the price it makes sense, BT makes no sense at the site given it's £40 a month for 8Mbit on that, and even the Three link manages above the BT speeds. We tried BT landline for first year the family had the van, everyone complained.

But I can't see it happening anytime "soon", given we pay £15 a month for internet at present there, and it's good enough for the inlaws. (and unlimited).

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’ve noticed two starlinks being delivered to the site whilst I’ve been here… now I only go to reception infrequently and I’ve been here fifty days… seems like there is quite an adoption curve with the old boys on this site. 🤣

Note to self… stop telling everyone how good it is! 🤣😂

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Well I will wait for a reply see what they say.
Well I received the below reply……

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Starlink Support! I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I have reviewed your account and see that you are currently subscribed to Mobile - Regional Subscription for £85 per month. If you are interested in a lower monthly subscription cost, I would advise switching to the Standard Starlink Subscription which is currently £75 per month.

As we launch more satellites into orbit and improve our software, we will continuously reevaluate our capacity and may adjust prices over time to reflect market conditions and changes to network capacity. I do not have any further information available regarding subscription costs changing in UK and I am unable to adjust your subscription cost as it is dependent on the service country your account is registered in. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, we are here to support you.

Thank you for contacting Starlink!

So all I can say is STOP BUYING STARLINK, STOP ADVERTISING HOW GOOD IT IS.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
So how long do you have to cancel your subscription for before you can re-register at a new [EU] address...
dont think you do, you just have to be using it for (i think) at least 6 months in or around that location after sign up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back