Rescue Dogs (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
You are shouting, Apologies if l got it wrong but it looks like a Cat to me.
Hi.
Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh. I think its called " Poetic licence " In all truth............ It looks like a cat to me......But...Could we blame the times we live in ? perhaps it identifies as a dog....Mmmmm.. ;) (y)
Tea Bag

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Perhaps it's a wolf in cats clothing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 2019
I would question what the 'passport' is that they are providing,no such thing as a UK pet passport since B****t. Unless of course they can supply an EU one 🤔
We got a Cyprus Passport with our rescue. Get a rabies shot in the EU and it means you don't have to get or pay for those wretched AHC's any more

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My neighbour has acquired a dangerous dog from a back street breeder
With little regard to the safety of not only their neighbours - it has tried to attack me in my own garden luckily I was near the kitchen door or what it could have done is terrifying
Gone for a number of other dogs including a retired guide dog
They are happy to let it be around their children
I let as many people know as possible as when the it does attack they cannot claim they did not know it was dangerous
I'd go further than that and report your concerns to the relevant authorities - if it attacks and seriously injures or kills a child, adult or another living thing you will never forgive yourself.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'd go further than that and report your concerns to the relevant authorities - if it attacks and seriously injures or kills a child, adult or another living thing you will never forgive yourself.
Believe me I tried I called the police they told me to call rspca !

There's a documentary on tomorrow night about dangerous dogs it will make interesting watching

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I do not understand this obsession with collecting street dogs in a foreign country putting them thru the stress of being constrained-they’ve lived free up until then-shipped to a foreign smelling place, expected to know how to react to people cuddling them and to not pee on the carpet, being kept in a house.
Its very similar really to years ago when wild animals were captured for Zoos, taken from their homes, everything they know and then put in a restricted area.
The people who are really helping street dogs are the ones rounding them up, jabbing them, worming them, giving any meds needed then letting them back out to freedom that they have been born into and know, with their pack of friends.

Furry Paws

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Bus
Exp
Since 2015
I do not understand this obsession with collecting street dogs in a foreign country putting them thru the stress of being constrained-they’ve lived free up until then-shipped to a foreign smelling place, expected to know how to react to people cuddling them and to not pee on the carpet, being kept in a house.
Its very similar really to years ago when wild animals were captured for Zoos, taken from their homes, everything they know and then put in a restricted area.
The people who are really helping street dogs are the ones rounding them up, jabbing them, worming them, giving any meds needed then letting them back out to freedom that they have been born into and know, with their pack of friends.
SFT in Tangier who I have a connection with in fact one of my dogs came from there do this they also neuter them to prevent unwanted pregnancies and they then introduce them back into the original community where there were found, this is known as their Poject Hayat and the locals then look after them because they then act as rabies police not allowing any strange dogs into their territory therefore protecting the human population.
The alternative used to be the street dogs used to be poisoned or shot and then dumped which was dangerous as Sally who runs the Sanctuary handled a dog that had been poisoned and ended up seriously ill in hospital!

www.sftmorocco.org

May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Here is our rescue... we have a great relationship with Noahs Arc, Mazarron, Murcia,Spain. brilliant rescue who do so much good work. If anyone wants details and contacts please PM us.
IMG_0693.jpeg

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I think we may have finally fought our way through the petty bureaucracy and hopefully about to adopt a dog.
If these rescues are so concerned and careful about who they allow to adopt a dog, why are so many being returned or abandoned post Covid

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
CV40
We rescued our from a resteraunt in China via the website below, his rescue name is yang yang and we kept that.
Happy little chap.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
A relative adopted a street dog from Romania. Alas she ended up having it euthanised as it was impossible to rehabilitate and bit several people.

I also find it ludicrous that there are people going out in vans and collecting them from abroad when kennels are full in the UK.

We did try and get a rescue, alas none of them would let us as we have children so we ended up getting puppies.

Lyra was from a gypsy site, which we only realised after we turned up to see her.

20230519_133117394_ios-jpeg.765290

She wasn’t in great condition, full of worms and very thin. That said, she was with Mom and Dad who were family pets and was chipped with all the correct paperwork so she came home with us.

The amount of Malinois type in rescue is awful, until you have one, you don’t realise how nuts they are. She does take a lot of handling and can run for miles and miles without slowing or tiring. Her prey drive though is dreadful and if a squirrel or cat comes into view she turns into Satan! She sees a behaviourist on a regular basis so we get it right.

The other dog we have has just cost a £1000 for a wound on her chest, on top of all the other things, they cost a fortune. People don’t realise when they decide to get one, which is why the rescues are so full.

View attachment 765290
Nice looking Dag😁😁

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
A neighbor did that gave it back after a week, didn't bite anyone but it was uncontrollable could let it in the same room as her dog. I think the attraction was only £150 against £500 from Dogs Trust.
Time you get Google Translate out to tell it to stop the buggers attacked you😁😁

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
A street dog will probably always be a street dog. I am amazed they think they are doing the animals a favour rescuing them.
My parents took on a rescue dog who'd been picked up on the street in Ireland, she was a lovely dog, but being a Patterdale cross she had absolutely no problem scaling their 6ft fence and popping out resulting in various phonecalls "I've just found your dog in my shop", "your dog is in my garden, can you please come and get her" etc.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My late aunt had a lovely little one eyed rescued Irish dog. Lovely temperament. Totally unique breed. (She lived in Ireland though not Irish)

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
IMG_6258.jpeg

Here's ours - her mother was a street dog in Romania and born in the dog pound. She had been adopted by another UK family but 16 months of war between her and the family cat left them devastated, and finally accepting that it would never work. She definitely has a very good life now! Been with us for five and half years now.

Furry Paws

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Bus
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 773862
Here's ours - her mother was a street dog in Romania and born in the dog pound. She had been adopted by another UK family but 16 months of war between her and the family cat left them devastated, and finally accepting that it would never work. She definitely has a very good life now! Been with us for five and half years now.
Such a beauty!

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
In my opinion the single thing which would help reduce the problem of dogs being dumped is making selling a dog illegal unless through a licensed and regulated agent. It's heartbreaking to see adds on pre loved dogs being sent from inadequate home to inadequate home until they end up at a rescue centre. The unregulated selling of dogs feeds the puppy farming trade. If we stopped these sales it would help to cut these vile business.

Furry Paws

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Bus
Exp
Since 2015
In my opinion the single thing which would help reduce the problem of dogs being dumped is making selling a dog illegal unless through a licensed and regulated agent. It's heartbreaking to see adds on pre loved dogs being sent from inadequate home to inadequate home until they end up at a rescue centre. The unregulated selling of dogs feeds the puppy farming trade. If we stopped these sales it would help to cut these vile business.
My Ollie was one of these dogs who got passed from pillar to post and I was asked to rehome him before he was put to sleep! He's going nowhere except by my side now he is my Velcro dog!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back