Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Beautiful cards Helen you are so talented
I get a lot of ideas from YouTube and like to do the paper engineering stuff, I always loved 3D geometry at school and was the student who took craft things into one of her "A" level maths exams and submitted models in a box as part of the answer!! I'm not sure what the examiner thought of the way my mind works but I was awarded an A*. Not clever, just the way my brain is wired.

I'm not at all artistic, I can't draw a circle or a straight line and how seeing how light falls on an object is a total mystery to me but I can draw engineering type diagrams using the computer and also see how folds will work. I loved origami as a child!!!! In those days it was difficult to find ideas and supplies and I drove the librarian crazy trying to source books for me. Now it's so easy to get books from all over the globe and then translate them yourself.

I think I know how I am going to do the car wash card. Who knew the internet was full of images of cars going through car washes????

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
IMG_0649.jpeg
Latest jumper for John completed while away have discovered I can knit when he is driving. lost one of my needles which fell into the door well and i forgot when I opened the door, luckily had 2 sets with me.

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Alan has decided he wants to have a go at cross stitch so I've just bought an alphabet sampler kit from Home Bargain for £2.49, it even includes a hoop.
My dad took up cross stitch after he gave up smoking about 30 years ago. I'll try & hunt out a photo of his work, I had it framed for him a few years ago.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
scotzsue Lucky John - another lovely jumper.

What yarn do you use Sue? Your cables look so firm and positive. I bought a mix of wool/acrylic double knit, cost about 55 pounds and I was so disappointed. Is this one in Aran or DK?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I just ordered a Silhouette Cameo 4 cutting machine. Wish me luck!!!!

I decided against the Circuit as it needs an internet connection and the Brother machine looked great so it was a toss up between Silhouette and Brother. Silhouette parts and accessories are easier to find and cheaper so that was the deciding factor.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
scotzsue Lucky John - another lovely jumper.

What yarn do you use Sue? Your cables look so firm and positive. I bought a mix of wool/acrylic double knit, cost about 55 pounds and I was so disappointed. Is this one in Aran or DK?
It is a 20% wool 80% acrylic Aran, I can't knot with a higher wool content as it takes the skin off my fingers it was a woolcraft yarn. In total yarn cost £25.98 pattern was from an Irish company and cost more than the wool, have use it a few times and shared with John's SIL it is a 'family/clan' pattern for Magee
Have enjoyed knitting arans since my late teens and could knit with the waxed wool, but not seen that for a long time.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
scotzsue I remember the waxed aran wool. It was lovely to use and lasted forever.

I use a lot of Marriner yarn https://www.mariner yarns.com/ (site under maintenance at the moment) and find their pure wool yarns really nice but they sell out very quickly.
Pure wool is so lovely but I can't knit with it or wear it will have a look though..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough

Beautiful! There’s a heck of a lot of work in that!

Could that have been machine made?

I think it must have been 🤔

These were popular in the 60s but shorter crochet dress with different coloured slips underneath.

I still have the one that I crocheted in 1973 🤣

Yes! I didn’t make it clear. I spotted it in M&S. It reminded me of those we wore in the 60’s and 70’s.

Lorraine x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Craft room sort out in progress :)

When our daughter moved out I said we didn't need two guest rooms and I would have one as my craft and hobby room leaving "my" half of the attic for the model railway extension. All my stuff was moved with great speed - too fast for me to find homes for everything and it has remained in piles and boxes ever since as I was just not well enough to sort it all out.

The mess has finally got to me and I am doing one box at a time so it will take quite a while but I am slowly finding places for everything.

Things I won't use and are worth money will go on ebay. Things that might be of use to others but are not worth anything are going on Freecycle. Rubbish is either going to be pulped or to other recycling facilities.

If anyone is in the area or passing through on their travels they are welcome to park up for the night and root through the things I am gifting onwards :) We are not far off the A697 Morpeth to Carfraemill road on the east coast route to Edinburgh from the south.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back