Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That's absolutely gorgeous
Free on Ravelry but you need to read the instructions very carefully and the markers change! I marked the charts on the rows where the markers change so wasn't caught thinking I had made a mistake after the first time

I made it in 4 ply on 4.5mm needles but think it would be lovely with cobweb yarn on 4 or 5 mm needles as well.
:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The edging is done in crochet cast off with picots where at certain points you make a chain and work back along the chain to continue the cast off (the pattern gives a knitted alternative). Difficult to describe but very simple to do. When I get to the end of my own shawl I think I will make more and longer picots.

The start is a temporary cast on and i-cord for a few rows, then you pick up stitches along and work down the i-cord then pick up the stitches from the other end of the temporary cast on. Again more difficult to explain than than to actually do. The instruction for doing it are quite good and there is always youtube if you get stuck. I like the i-cord edge and might use it if / when I make another edge to edge jacket. I already have yarn, lots and lots of yarn!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just seen the date this thread has started: March 2018 ! Gosh! First time I saw it, I started to read a bit, but then I though, I have no time to go to the hairdresser, for God sake....I just have to wait for my retirement. I'll have time.... yeah right 192 pages yet, and I'm still working! Will you give me special lessons please, I might be dead by the time I finish reading! snailtrailer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I made this for my sister's birthday last week. Its the first bag I've made, but youtube videos helped with the lining & strap.
20231016_170545.jpg
IMG-20231021-WA0003.jpg

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I’ve just finished my Halloween CAL… Mosaic crochet is my latest “fave”

View attachment 826843
I love that, I too have just learnt mosaic crochet and I definitely will be doing more. I am working on a pillow cover with hearts on at the moment.

Mum's Wild Swan shawl.

As yet I have not managed to transfer the photos of the blocking in progress from my phone!

I like the pattern so much and had a ball of wool left over so bought more of the same yarn to make the pattern for myself shading from creamy white to black.

View attachment 829574 View attachment 829575
Beautiful 😍

As we are away for Christmas this year I’ve decided to make all my decorations and thought I’d go for a slightly alternative hanging dec for outside the van. Problem is in this colour I’m not sure it’s identifiable as a Christmas tree?

IMG_9672.jpeg

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello everyone
yodeli Lovely to hear from you. You will never be stuck for something to read now you've found the Learn to Crochet thread. Do you crochet or are you wanting to learn?

Helen Puddleduck Your Wild Swan is lovely and you must have the patience of a saint. Yours will have grey as well won't it?

I seem to have missed large chunks of this thread from earlier in the year and just found references to your new workroom. Reading back I probably missed two pages. One of my Ikea bookcases/open shelf units broke and is beyond repair. I have had four of them for years and I know I overload them. The room looks better without it so I will seriously have to have a good sort out and declutter. That's what winter months are for aren't they.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Helen Puddleduck Your Wild Swan is lovely and you must have the patience of a saint. Yours will have grey as well won't it?
Mine will shade from the off white through grey to dark grey to black.

I am working chart D at the moment, still using the off white. This second shawl has been much easier to work as I don't have to keep looking up the different symbols and have worked out some of the kinks in the charts.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
If you haven't looked at The Wild Swan on Ravelry you should. Pictures show close-up of the intricacies of the pattern and I'm sure it will look lovely with Puddleduck choice of white through grey to black. So many designers give their patterns free while some, like Kerry Jane, want so much for each item.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Lovely bag. I've not attempted one as I don't have a sewing machine to put the lining in.
Helen when I was at college many moons ago I made one and hand stitched the lining into the bag.
I got an A* for the bag and I used it for a good few years.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@yodeli Lovely to hear from you. You will never be stuck for something to read now you've found the Learn to Crochet thread. Do you crochet or are you wanting to learn?
I don't do crochet nor am I wanting to learn (yet). As I said , I don't find time to look after me, so to enjoy learning it, crochet will have to wait till I retire :wink: 🤞! Even when I have days off like I just had (from last wednesday till today ), will you believe it, it's the moment I choose to be ill! 7 days... fever, coughing, sneezing.... gutted!

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Lovely bag. I've not attempted one as I don't have a sewing machine to put the lining in.
Thanks Helen, but you don't need a sewing machine it could be done by hand. I had intended to use the crochet to cover a plain jute bag as mentioned by Janine, but the crocheted bit was too big so the lining was plan B x

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don't do crochet nor am I wanting to learn (yet). As I said , I don't find time to look after me, so to enjoy learning it, crochet will have to wait till I retire :wink: 🤞! Even when I have days off like I just had (from last wednesday till today ), will you believe it, it's the moment I choose to be ill! 7 days... fever, coughing, sneezing.... gutted!
Hope you feel better soon Frankie x

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Happy New Year fellow crafters (and others who pop in)

Many of you will know that for a few years now I have been making crochet octopus for premature and sick babies in hospitals throughout the country. (thanks to Offagain)
We have just been told that Octopus for a Preemie charity is shutting down. We are all shocked and saddened - even the administrators and co-ordinators - because we know how valuable these little critters have been to the poorly babies. It seems the decision has been made and there is nothing we can do about it.

I have joined another group NHAP Needles & Hooks Angels & Preemies. They're not restricted to baby items so it seems a good opportunity to make anything that takes my fancy. Knit Sew or Crochet. I have not had any experience of premature babies amongst friends and family but I am keen to provide support and comfort to the families.

This month's challenge is to make Easter chick/bunny hats.

What's on your hooks/needles at the moment?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I took knitting needles and yarn and a pattern on holiday with me. Nothing to see as yet but it is an "interesting" knit to say the least....... picture if I get it finished.

I chose the wrong yarn but it's a way of proving the pattern and I can make in another yarn and alter the pattern next time round.

I also took a crochet hook with me as there were a lot of stitches to pick up - and I promptly lost the hook :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back