Hi Guys, Newbie, nearly at Retirement, Single 66 year old lady, who is young in mind, and just bought an old lady as a M/Home! (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Brilliant Ill give you a call tomorrow I need to do some work now ready which day is best for you
Either, but only the morning on Thursday which is what I assumed you meant.
Text me tomorrow as watching Happy Valley now and need to concentrate!

MarionK

Free Member
Nov 4, 2021
Essex UK (currently ;) )
Funster No
MH
Ducato Cheyenne 585
AHHH That is soooooooooooooo reassuring to me, and I can't believe, how lovely and friendly this Forum is, it is overwhelming, that with my worry about Dollie, and maybe buying a "DuD" van, is slowly evaporating, well nearly ! hahah . I am looking forward to the above rallies, and looking forward too meeting you all too, I just can't wait ! the Big news is 13th January, on her Full Service ! ,,,,

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
You really could not have anyone better than Jaws he is a lovely man and very knowledgeable, it's what this forum does well look out for one another.
that is so good to know Carol, thank you, what van do you have and am i being silly asking so many questions on this forum as a petrified Newbie, ! haha

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp

Attachments

• motorhome exterior.jpg
    motorhome exterior.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 96
  • motorhome interior.jpg
    motorhome interior.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 101
  • motorhome cabin seats.jpg
    motorhome cabin seats.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
hi guys, someone asked for some shots of Dollie, who is very vintage-looking! I am going to make new curtains for her, but her interior is absolutely spotless with no tares on the upholstery, she has been well looked after! just counting the days, that she has a Full service, via Jaws recommendation, so that it is within my 30-day warranty from the dealership, in return her if there are too many problems with her, that have not been seen too , as there was no Full Service on purchase, only a Service Habitation. Hope you enjoyed Happy Valley haha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
how much is the conversion, and apart from weight, etc, what are the
benefits for me, plus jsut spent 100 on new cylinders now
I wouldnt worry about this, till you are well under way and used to the MH.
Welcome by the way, great van. Good luck

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Just what we want on our Funster Rallies, 'a mere surgical podiatrist'. Now about my right foot, it's far too heavy! :rofl:
ha ha, no way, I just seen this....Ive had this probem form months now and have an appointment to get this MRI result looked at on Saturday... Right foot too
sweet caroline you can never get away from it ;)

Findings:
Normal marrow signal.
Mild degenerative change of the first D I.P. joint.
No joint effusions or synovial proliferation.
The peroneus longus tendon insertion onto the medial cuneiform and first metatarsal base is diffusely thickened
with high signal change compatible with tendinosis/partial tearing.
Normal plantar fascia. No focal thickening or abnormal signal change.
Normal flexor tendons.
No abnormal signal change within the subcutaneous fat or muscles of the plantar area of the foot.
Conclusion:
Peroneus longus distal insertion tendinosis/partial tear.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Great looking van.
Just one minor comment - your tv aerial is pointing the wrong way for driving.
It should be pointing towards the rear when driving to stop it from catching the wind.
If you loosen off the nut to the underside of the ceiling inside the van, you will be able to rotate it.
(make sure you tighten the nut again)
Put a mark with a felt tip (on the aerial pole inside the van) so that you know it is pointing towards the rear without always having to look outside.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
thank you its all the utubing ive been watching, it ha made me feelquite vulberable
If youve done back packing you will be fine,
rememeber the Youtubers use dramatic scenarios to attract people to the pages to get "clicks" then the more clicks the more they get paid.
there will be far far more peopel to make friends and help you than miserable buggers.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Greetings and a big welcome to Fun.

It is helpful in here.

I got my van five or six years ago, 7.5mtrs of mystery and not a manual in sight!

A lot of trial and error, a small Hab failure whilst in North Devon left me at Mullacott Caravans who fixed the issue on the spot and took the time to explain a couple of the mystery knobs and button.

The good people on here responded well to queries and bad photos and of course Funster meets.

Have fun and enjoy Dollie.

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
rememeber the Youtubers use dramatic scenarios to attract people to the pages to get "clicks" then the more clicks the more they get paid.
So that's why they always seem to have pretty people looking sad or upset on the precipice of a disaster....🤔😁😁😁

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
She looks lovely 💕
I do hope the service/check goes well.
Happy Valley, never was a place so misnamed!🤣

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
ahh thank you for that, Gaston, i will look forward to meeting u maybe in the Swaffm bash, or maybe before, if you can give me some tips on thesites, that are good for a solo traveller. ive been looking aat adult only ones, and there seems to be a nice one near lackford or west stowe i think
A late reply but we just got back from a trip. The Swaffham shindig (ex Thetford bash) is a good way to meet Funsters, plenty of get togethers. A good fun rally. Contact JAWS John for details. Generally rallies are good meetings and Funsters are a helpful lot.
Phil

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I like the curtains tho they match the upholstery

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Welcome,
Just use it , your soon start learning how things work.
I would say try to sort the small problems out as you find them , otherwise thing can get a bit overwhelming.
You’ve done the hard part all ready , and should be proud of yourself. 👍.
I’m also new to this motorhoming lark.
as we only got our van in June 22.
But believe me it does get easier, lots of good advice above.
Enjoy it
all the best 👍

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Welcome Caroline, i'm relatively new around here too :giggle:.
I wouldnt stress about swapping gas for refillable at this stage (if at all) .
So whats first on your list ?
Well dollie is in for her first service, she has only done 40k and 21 years old, so hoping nothing too expensive, albeit, she is still under warranty. So first stop is a near stop to me, to try out an overnight stay, so that i can see how i manage with all the electics, gas, battery thingies hahah, it all looks so flipping complicated. I bought all the things for the inside, duvets cutlery, lightweight dinnerware etc etc, but havent yet spend one night in her, so desperate for my first night out, an maybe someon to go through all thethings with me on site, haha

Apr 3, 2024
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bought 2 weeks ago a 21 year old Boxer Star Dream, with a back lounge, I love her, but now having a few teething problems, since I paid over my money sadly. (See my thread for advise).

I live in the beautiful town of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

My Dream is to travel the UK in my Retirement for 1 year, then also with hopefully, with more confidence, than I do now, as a NEWBIE!

At present apart from the horrendous drive home from Somerset (another story on that drive haha), with "Dollie", yes I've personalised her, I am hoping, for some help, with heating Gas, Electric, Battery etc etc, it all sounds so complicated, for a professional woman, with her own business, but never been any good, with the practicals of vehicles.

Divorce has meant, that there is no man around, to do these things, the driving is a doddle, but everything else, is an absolute nightmare to me!

Im Worried, but also very excited about the forthcoming adventure, and have joined many clubs, as I have been told, are a very friendly Bunch.

So here goes ?

Regards Caroline
Hi Caroline,

I have just joined and I spotted your old post. That is a lovely looking van you have managed to get yourself. I hope you are enjoying vanlife, I am sure you will have been busy finding out a lot about "Dollie" and what makes her tick.

I am single too, divorced and no man on the scene too and I can absolutely agree with you it is all the mechanical and practicals of vans are a nightmare. I am still on the journey of finding the right van and will be going to see a Ford Transit Duetto 2002 once it has had it's MOT.

Yes, it is a daunting time but very exciting also. I can hardly wait to get the van and be in position to hit the road. This one does not come with any extras so will have to buy all the bits for it if the purchase goes ahead.

Maybe catch up with you at a rally someday :giggle:

JessieT

Apr 3, 2024
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and :pink: You are right, we are a friendly crowd. I have an 02 Duetto also on my own and certainly not mechanical. I live in Woodbridge so quite close.
Hi, I have just joined and spotted your post. I am looking at buying an 02 Duetto, I am on my own and certainly not mechanical either.

I hope you are enjoying your van and wondered how you are finding it and if you have any tips and thoughts you can share with me.

Many thanks

JessieT

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Hi Caroline,

I have just joined and I spotted your old post. That is a lovely looking van you have managed to get yourself. I hope you are enjoying vanlife, I am sure you will have been busy finding out a lot about "Dollie" and what makes her tick...........
I'm afraid that Caroline is no longer an active member on here. She had a bad experience with mechanical failures on her van and became very disappointed.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Hi Jessie, if you have the registration number of the Duetto you can check the mot history
online which might give an indication of any problems.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi, I have just joined and spotted your post. I am looking at buying an 02 Duetto, I am on my own and certainly not mechanical either.

I hope you are enjoying your van and wondered how you are finding it and if you have any tips and thoughts you can share with me.

Many thanks

JessieT
Please don't be put off by some of the past posts and experiences. There are thousands of solo single travellers both male and female who have very positive experiences.

Many females are over 60 Make sure you have a good look at the base vehicle and don't be afraid to ask questions before parting with your cash.
On that note I seen and bought mine in under an hour. :eek:

Apr 3, 2024
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm afraid that Caroline is no longer an active member on here. She had a bad experience with mechanical failures on her van and became very disappointed.
Thank you for letting me know, such a shame, she was so keen, bless her. It does seem like it is all on the roll of a dice. Trying not to get too concerned about the proposed purchased as still battling to find someone reliable to do a pre-purchase inspection in that area that will cover everything that is needed :unsure:

Apr 3, 2024
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Please don't be put off by some of the past posts and experiences. There are thousands of solo single travellers both male and female who have very positive experiences.

Many females are over 60 Make sure you have a good look at the base vehicle and don't be afraid to ask questions before parting with your cash.
On that note I seen and bought mine in under an hour. :eek:
Many thanks, and yes I am one of those over 60.

You last comment, really made me laugh, and I needed it as still bogged down with trying to get someone to do an independent pre-purchase inspection that will cover everything I feel I should get before parting with my cash.

If it is as good as it seems i.e. no history whatever of any rust which on a transit and also a 2002 model is incredible. Only ever failed an MOT once and that was just a windscreen washer not working then it should be worth the price which is a bit pricey as no warranty, not been serviced since 2020 and no record of a habitation certificate in the paperwork which seems very odd. Hope it isn't just waiting for me and then goes down bank :rolleyes:

Oh my, oh my, it really is a roll of the dice this van buying business.

Fingers crossed and hopefully our paths may meet sometime in the future.

Safe and fun filled travels xx

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
still bogged down with trying to get someone to do an independent pre-purchase inspection that will cover everything I feel I should get before parting with my cash.
You might get suggestions for an inspection if your profile indicated where you or the m/h is located.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Many thanks, and yes I am one of those over 60.

You last comment, really made me laugh, and I needed it as still bogged down with trying to get someone to do an independent pre-purchase inspection that will cover everything I feel I should get before parting with my cash.

If it is as good as it seems i.e. no history whatever of any rust which on a transit and also a 2002 model is incredible. Only ever failed an MOT once and that was just a windscreen washer not working then it should be worth the price which is a bit pricey as no warranty, not been serviced since 2020 and no record of a habitation certificate in the paperwork which seems very odd. Hope it isn't just waiting for me and then goes down bank :rolleyes:

Oh my, oh my, it really is a roll of the dice this van buying business.

Fingers crossed and hopefully our paths may meet sometime in the future.

Safe and fun filled travels xx

There are many places that will check I’ve the base vehicle at a cost obviously.

Check mot on line.

I think the AA or RAC do vehicle checks 👍

Good luck 👍

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
.........at or muscles of the plantar area of the foot.
Conclusion:
Peroneus longus distal insertion tendinosis/partial tear.
[/QUOTE]

I'm suffering from the similar "policeman's heel" these past six weeks. So what is the cure?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back