Hi Guys, Newbie, nearly at Retirement, Single 66 year old lady, who is young in mind, and just bought an old lady as a M/Home! (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
get out there girl , my first stop was on the way back after buying it from Peterborough, wilded by the river at Ross on Wye , didn't sleep well as heard every movement outside, but now spend most of my time parked off grid as such tend to only use sites if going to a rallie or a silly cannot be refused deal pops up.
Just enjoy yourself you will meet some amazing people and the ones your not keen on you can always move ;)
I can't wait! My 88 year old dad whose had motorhome since he was 50,had advised a pepper gun if I do wild camping r these legal?

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Thank you, I just can't wait. I'm very excited if somewhat slightly nervous, but looking at all yr threads out there, .uve all been thru this slightly WHAT IF SCENARIO ,which never then happens scenario Haha

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
Dunno about the pepper gun but wild camping in itself isnt strictly legal in much of england and wales :think:

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
We much prefer the convenience and security of proper site but horses for courses.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I can't wait! My 88 year old dad whose had motorhome since he was 50,had advised a pepper gun if I do wild camping r these legal?
I have the attitude if a weirdo want to wait in the middle of nowhere for months/years just in-case a 60 something woman turns up on her own then manages to break in good luck to them , its my lucky day ;)
Can you spray it without getting it in your eyes coppers can't and they are trained to used it, your best defence is your van lock it face it out so you can drive off wear PJ's keep the keys near you NOT in the ignition If your dont like the look of somewhere dont stay never use external screens if your wild camping you have to get out to remove them
Get search for sites, park for the night and Britstops you will never be short of a stopping place

PS and dont be put off buy the horror stories

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
There are lots of things you could spend your life worrying about ....(being hit by a bus ....spontaneous human combustion) ...or you can just be sensible while still getting out there and enjoying yourself. (y)
You forgot to include alien abduction!

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
I have the attitude if a weirdo want to wait in the middle of nowhere for months/years just in-case a 60 something woman turns up on her own then manages to break in good luck to them , its my lucky day ;)
Can you spray it without getting it in your eyes coppers can't and they are trained to used it, your best defence is your van lock it face it out so you can drive off wear PJ's keep the keys near you NOT in the ignition If your dont like the look of somewhere dont stay never use external screens if your wild camping you have to get out to remove them
Get search for sites, park for the night and Britstops you will never be short of a stopping place

PS and dont be put off buy the horror stories
thank you its all the utubing ive been watching, it ha made me feelquite vulberable

OP
OP
sweet caroline

sweet caroline

Free Member
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
There are a few funsters local to you. We are two of them living in BSE. MHF rallies are a good way to get to know people and help is always at hand.
Phil and Gill
ahh thank you for that, Gaston, i will look forward to meeting u maybe in the Swaffm bash, or maybe before, if you can give me some tips on thesites, that are good for a solo traveller. ive been looking aat adult only ones, and there seems to be a nice one near lackford or west stowe i think

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Since I’ve known you, cannot speak for before that 😳🤣
Actually I was going to give you a shout I have 2 jobs in Bristol (Severn beach) next week both pm was going to suggest coffee tuesday or Thursday have to be on location by 12.45

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
nor is a Pepper Spray, it's classed as a Firearm/dangerous weapon, in the UK.
However most of us women have perfume or deodorant sprays can't be illegal you can buy the, all over. 😉😉

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
However most of us women have perfume or deodorant sprays can't be illegal you can buy the, all over. 😉😉
In my previous life I was advised that carrying a heavy adjustable spanner would be accepted as I may need it in my job , we can carry almost anything in the vans and be able to justify it hammers and mallets, numerious spray chemicals and of course dont forget the baseball bat ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Actually I was going to give you a shout I have 2 jobs in Bristol (Severn beach) next week both pm was going to suggest coffee tuesday or Thursday have to be on location by 12.45
I can do Tuesday if you make it here as John will have car out for lunch. Thursday could do here or meet you nearer your destination, there are some cafes at Severn Beach on google maps. I cannot say that I go there often despite it’s appealing name.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
In my previous life I was advised that carrying a heavy adjustable spanner would be accepted as I may need it in my job , we can carry almost anything in the vans and be able to justify it hammers and mallets, numerious spray chemicals and of course dont forget the baseball bat ;)
And the bread knife …
Personally I would rather rely on locking the van and setting alarm, keeping keys (which can also set off alarm) and a strong bright blinding torch by the bed.
Of course I do have the hubby and a dog - not sure if as useful as a spanner though 🤣

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
And the bread knife …
Personally I would rather rely on locking the van and setting alarm, keeping keys (which can also set off alarm) and a strong bright blinding torch by the bed.
Of course I do have the hubby and a dog - not sure if as useful as a spanner though 🤣
I have had the privilge of meeting both your hubby and your dog, stick with the spanner , alarms and locked doors :rofl:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I can do Tuesday if you make it here as John will have car out for lunch. Thursday could do here or meet you nearer your destination, there are some cafes at Severn Beach on google maps. I cannot say that I go there often despite it’s appealing name.
Brilliant Ill give you a call tomorrow I need to do some work now ready which day is best for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back