Expensive food (2 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Go in McDonalds, ,milk shake , keep receipt ,go online@Mcfoodforthoughts.com; input receipt code do survey, receive email & you now have Big mac & medium fries for 1,99 ?
Continue ad infinitum,what is not to like?

Their friend went to university did a masters in a science starts a job what should they expect?
I met exactly that lady recently cleaning toilets in the local Carrefour . spoke excellent English as well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Go in McDonalds, ,milk shake , keep receipt ,go online@Mcfoodforthoughts.com; input receipt code do survey, receive email & you now have Big mac & medium fries for 1,99 ?
Continue ad infinitum,what is not to like?
The food it's disgusting, and I thought you had better taste Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
High standards maybe,but ex freezer dry sweet bread,awful looks and tastes like deep fried streaky bacon ,dry burgers,processed cheese slices salty french fries a 1/2 a rain forest for packaging that you are expected to clear up in their RESTAURANT..and now so my kids say fairly expensive..drinks and ice cream not bad but doubt it's seen a cow.
Each to their own ..not for me..all about the power of marketing wich they are superb at

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
For the McDonald's haters who just gotta hate

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
It seems it is possible to make a pigs ear out of a silk purse if you put it through enough industrial processes.
Just my opinion .. millions have very different opinions judging by the ever growing chain

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
You must be in a posh bit ,drive 20 mins from us you might find a decent chippy.
But have family in Sussex one of the dearest bits ... wouldn't swop places with them at any price

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s not tax free! It’s tax evasion that the rest of us have to pay more as a result!
No you don't. You'd pay the Same tax regardless. You should be more concerned with the millionaires and billionaires that are evading tax. The wealthy steal far more from the public than the poor ever did.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
But it doesn't taste anything like a beefburger.
One for philosophical debate, as it could be argued that a McD does, in fact, taste exactly what a beefburger should actually really taste like, and it is the others that do not these days.

The are two "camps":
The likes of McD, Wendy, Wimpy, Burger King and any takeaway that is still open after 0200
and..
The other being the designer type, higher end restaurant, prime steak variants & "Heston Burger"styles.

Which is the genuine burger??

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The food it's disgusting, and I thought you had better taste Richard
No to me it is the same as filling with diesel.Something for fuel,nothing else. I don't agonise over me diesel just fill & go, same with food.:giggle:
beg to differ... they have high quality food standards .

ask chaser about how difficult it is to be an approved meat supplier
KFC are even worse to supply for:rolleyes:
tastes like deep fried streaky bacon
nothing wrong with streaky as long as it is burnt
processed cheese slices
(y)
salty french fries
& that is the problem with France. Most McD's they give you chips with no salt!!!!! What's that all about? I need it to get my blood pressure up.One of the reasons I like them is that I don't have to shovel more salt on usually.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Doing a sightseeing motorbike tour around James Herriot (the vet) country I stayed at the Three Tuns, Thirsk because it was where the farmers used to come to settle their bills with him. I hadn't realised until I got there that it was a Wetherspoons hotel/pub. The accommodation was awful, the scampi batter was soggy and the scampi (?) dried out inside, the peas like bullets and the chips and the plate were cold. At my table I was jostled and elbowed by a group of foul-mouthed boozy blokes loudly making disgusting comments about all of the women in the bar. The breakfast was equally awful. The next evening I went out for fish and chips which I ate in the square.
Went on a camping trip on my 400/4 back in '79. We camped at Thirsk racecourse and were absolutely soaked through. Wandered into town and ended up in the Three Tuns, the landlady told us to go in the backroom as the range was lit, I had my bike boots in the oven drying out and my socks laid out on the hearth ! The locals were spot on and the craic was good. We went back maybe ten years ago and couldn't believe the change in the place,scruffy and souless. Kinda regreted revisiting it.

As for being "Grim oop North" Cumbria/Westmoreland has more Michelin starred restaurants than any other county in England !

Last edited:
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Went on a camping trip on my 400/4 back in '79. We camped at Thirsk racecourse and were absolutely soaked through. Wandered into town and ended up in the Three Tuns, the landlady told us to go in the backroom as the range was lit, I had my bike boots in the oven drying out and my socks laid out on the hearth ! The locals were spot on and the craic was good. We went back maybe ten years ago and couldn't believe the change in the place,scruffy and souless. Kinda regreted revisiting it.

As for being "Grim oop North" Cumbria/Westmoreland has more Michelin starred restaurants than any other country in England !
We;ve got 3 within 8 miles of us up in North Yorkshire.
Star at Harome
Black Swan at Oldstead
Myse at Hovingham

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Deepest condolences.

I prefer the Spanish bar I'm sitting outside on the sea front enjoying a beer. 🤣
But I am having to suffer Euro fizz.
Ooooooo ... where is thee? 😃

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Deepest condolences.

I prefer the Spanish bar I'm sitting outside on the sea front enjoying a beer. 🤣
But I am having to suffer Euro fizz.

Looks ‘orrible.

Agreed
What is it supposed to be?
Neither of you three are clearly fans of Spoons, so obviously unlikely to give a fair and reasoned view of their services, nor of their quality of food or ale. So please, do those of us who are regular and experienced customers nationwide, (including Ireland........north and south) a favour, by not offering opinions on a service that (by your own admissions), you are clearly not in a position to do so. :doh:
It's very much like the bleating of all things bad about Benidorm, ( especially from you Lenny)........from those who have either never been, nor have been, but never gave it a chance..........ie, narrow minded. :doh:

Good job you weren't in the states where 20% is the norm if not minium for a tip.

Over there waiters are allowed to be paid way below.
And isn't that a disgrace of the way the system works in the "Good Ole" USA, ie, not something for them to be proud of. :doh:

Looked to me to be a couple of battered spam slices in a bun.
And yet another uninformed opinion from another "nay sayer" and non user. :doh:

Jock.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just as a reference for anyone who has not had a decent burger, this is what it looks like 😋😋😋
1710106337002.jpeg

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Here down South and without family help even couple living frugally would struggle to save a deposit, never mind repaying a mortgage; virtually impossible if in a rented property.

View attachment 873642
I know. I'm in Sussex and Brighton is particularly bad. People are leaving and businesses are closing. If people can't afford to live somewhere then there are no staff or staff wages have to be so high that you have to pay £10 for pint. Unfortunately wealth is being hoarded by too few and it's not filtering down.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Neither of you three are clearly fans of Spoons, so obviously unlikely to give a fair and reasoned view of their services, nor of their quality of food or ale. So please, do those of us who are regular and experienced customers nationwide, (including Ireland........north and south) a favour, by not offering opinions on a service that (by your own admissions), you are clearly not in a position to do so. :doh:
It's very much like the bleating of all things bad about Benidorm, ( especially from you Lenny)........from those who have either never been, nor have been, but never gave it a chance..........ie, narrow minded. :doh:

And isn't that a disgrace of the way the system works in the "Good Ole" USA, ie, not something for them to be proud of. :doh:

And yet another uninformed opinion from another "nay sayer" and non user. :doh:

Jock.
I’m not a big fan of ‘Spoons, however, I can’t help but agree with you, well said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back