Why do people worry so much about how nice a campsite is? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I love sitting outside rather than inside. I could sit in the back garden at home, but I don't, as I'll always spot something that needs doing or just feel guilty that I'm not doing something constructive on the house or business.

So on the too-rare occasions that we are away in the van, my absolute please is being forced to sit outside with a cup of tea and a book, in peace and quiet, as there is nothing else to do. It's bliss. I relax. I don't feel guilty that I'm not doing something constructive, as there is nothing constructive to do.

Hence, having a nice site on which to sit and indulge my simple pleasure is key. It has to be quiet. Don't mind kids playing, don't mind farm noises, love hearing wildlife and wind in the trees, not keen on traffic noise, absolutely detest being forced to listen to someone else's music or generator.

It doesn't mean we don't go out and explore, I might only get to sit outside for a half hour or so a day, but that time is bliss - so a "nice" (to me) site or parking spot is paramount.

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Feltwell you think exactly like me, i love a nice site to sit and relax in, cos at home theres always something wants doing,whereas in the van be it motorhome or caravan ,housework takes 15 mins,then i feel no guilt sitting and reading with a cuppa

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In 35 years of using a motorhome, I have never pulled up on a site, just to visit the site. Sites get visited because of where they are. Near the beach I want to sit on, the lakes I want to walk around or the town I want to eat in.

OK, if there is a nice site and a poor site in a location I want to visit, then of course I'll choose the nice site every time. And if the site I do choose happens to have some nice facilities, then great, but I'm really not that fussed.

Some people appear to have the campsite as their destination, but given that, I'd rather stay at home.
I do the same with carparks. Not particularly fussed if it's nice as long as its near where I want to be. If it has a view etc that's a bonus .

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We dont mind a carpark especially little roodee Chester. 5 mins from the walls , river and race course. Our friends look at us like we have gone mad when we say we are staying on a carpark. All for £8 night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I love sitting outside rather than inside. I could sit in the back garden at home, but I don't, as I'll always spot something that needs doing or just feel guilty that I'm not doing something constructive on the house or business.

So on the too-rare occasions that we are away in the van, my absolute please is being forced to sit outside with a cup of tea and a book, in peace and quiet, as there is nothing else to do. It's bliss. I relax. I don't feel guilty that I'm not doing something constructive, as there is nothing constructive to do.

Hence, having a nice site on which to sit and indulge my simple pleasure is key. It has to be quiet. Don't mind kids playing, don't mind farm noises, love hearing wildlife and wind in the trees, not keen on traffic noise, absolutely detest being forced to listen to someone else's music or generator.

It doesn't mean we don't go out and explore, I might only get to sit outside for a half hour or so a day, but that time is bliss - so a "nice" (to me) site or parking spot is paramount.

Mate, for once, I am in complete accord with you! Every word you have said is me - maybe one tiny exception. Towards the latter part of the day, I would substitute the tea for a cru Rhone or Amarone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back