Who said Spain was rammed and there was nowhere to stay? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Yes. Plenty of space yesterday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Are you still allowed to stay on the grass beside the large car park where the market is?
No .if your talking the Beni market. Its been gravelled over and the police cleared motorhomes off when we were there. There were signs up for max height and width. Talk of height barriers going in also.:cry: there were at least 15 to 20 vans on there at one point.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
nice wheels Jim.... gravel bikes are becoming very popular.. and with a Brooks B17 saddle .. the best

I built the actual wheels myself, well bought the toughened up rims, spokes, chose a good dynamo hub and got a guy I know to put it together and true them.

This new term gravel bike is a bit of a misnomer for me, good tourers have always been able to handle some rough stuff. Fully loaded up with beer and shopping my bikes have to carry 20 stone!

For years I used a ridgeback expedition which I still own, tough as old boots on 26 inch wheels, but this Kona is doing a good job and it’s stiff and fast, really enjoying it.

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
As Spanish residents, with a Sp registered motorhome, we stick to the rules. We know that we'd be expected to know them. It's galling sometimes watching "guiries" getting out their tables, chairs, canopies, but we have to be squeaky clean(ish) as immigrants to Spain.
Love a bit of 'Guiri Action' jaja

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No .if your talking the Beni market. Its been gravelled over and the police cleared motorhomes off when we were there. There were signs up for max height and width. Talk of height barriers going in also.:cry: there were at least 15 to 20 vans on there at one point.
Jim, sorry to confuse, but my query was about the car park in Moraira, not Benidorm.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We are now in the post German invasion lull on the coast in Costa Calida… other nationalities have repelled the invasion with a broader mix of countries now represented. The bottom line is, there is plenty of space at the moment, so come on down! 🤣

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
location? planning on Moraira tomorrow for the market & want a stopover.
We stayed on beach car park but the main stop is where the market is

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
This is more like the Spain we Like. Snow on them thar hills.
Sorry about the cat photo bombing.
17122546571106549235994643154510.jpg

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Currently in Haro, we shall be meandering down to the costas with numerous stops for fuel human and vehicle. Tried to book villasol in Benidorm but no big spots so may try other areas.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Currently in Haro, we shall be meandering down to the costas with numerous stops for fuel human and vehicle. Tried to book villasol in Benidorm but no big spots so may try other areas.
Just left Vilasol. There still seemed to be some big pitches empty which could take your beast. Could just turn up with an ACSI card and see if they will fit you in, like we did.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
We are in Zaragoza, arrived yesterday hoping to stop at the Área de autocaravanas de Zaragoza which is next to the Corona de Aragón Athletics Stadium, it was jam packed, but there were many Vans parked almost right around the stadium car park which surrounds it, so thats where we stayed last night, it was really quite, so we are going to spend another night here, so far no bodies have come a knocking, first photo shows last night parking in the Aire, which was packed, and second photo part of the car park which was full, and the third shows today with many spaces, but we are going to stay at the back of the stadium, as it was very quite. The temperture coming down here from Saint-Jean-de-Luz was 25° Celsius nearly all the way, now at the moment it is 24° Celsius here in Zaragoza.

Zaragoza-Aire.jpg

Zaragosa-Aire2.jpg

DJI_20240406113305_0035_D.JPG

20240406_9.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are in Zaragoza, arrived yesterday hoping to stop at the Área de autocaravanas de Zaragoza which is next to the Corona de Aragón Athletics Stadium, it was jam packed, but there were many Vans parked almost right around the stadium car park which surrounds it, so thats where we stayed last night, it was really quite, so we are going to spend another night here, so far no bodies have come a knocking, first photo shows last night parking in the Aire, which was packed, and second photo part of the car park which was full, and the third shows today with many spaces, but we are going to stay at the back of the stadium, as it was very quite. The temperture coming down here from Saint-Jean-de-Luz was 25° Celsius nearly all the way, now at the moment it is 24° Celsius here in Zaragoza.

View attachment 883061

View attachment 883062

View attachment 883063

View attachment 883070
That looks quite empty, last time we were there we got one of the last spaces on the pavement in the road in your last photo. The cark next to the Aire was rammed.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
That looks quite empty, last time we were there we got one of the last spaces on the pavement in the road in your last photo. The cark next to the Aire was rammed.
We were there on 30/03 and there were over 200 MHs parked up in the aire and surrounding parking spaces!!!

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Yesterday the aire in Haro was jam packed wie are now at the unofficial aire at Logrońo. Loads of space maybe 10 vans.
Might give Zaragoza a swerve, anybody know of somewhere nice to stop for one night on the way south from here.
Ps it can be with no services or restaurants as we stocked up the fridge and serviced the motorhome this morning so very self sufficient.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The aire at Marina Puorto Gelves, Seville packed today. We were lucky to get in as reasonably early. Previously found no room in the inn at Caceres. That has been the only place so far unable to stop. Aire at the bullring in Trujillo packed but space for everyone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back