Who said Spain was rammed and there was nowhere to stay? (2 Viewers)

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Just one of many places we stopped for free. We think it's been easier this year than last.
Screenshot_20240323_160550_Gallery.jpg

FLT is the way to go:)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The main winter season has now finished...many Camperstops, campsites and other locations used for motorhome overnighting have, or soon will return to normal....
Snowbirds have since migrated northwards, Easter visitors are arriving this weekend and will remain with us until Easter Sunday...then it's all quiet again until the summer season..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
You don't say where that is. Could be anywhere. Looks like Scotland to me.
The clue is in the title:)

It's been the same since the first week in January with regards to space.

Santa Pola, this one.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've been in Spain for the last 6 weeks. It's been busy but we wouldn't describe any of the places we have been as being 'rammed.' We've had no problem anywhere in finding park-ups - free, paid-for camper areas or campsites.

The weather has been great and it's possibly one of our best trips in the past 9 years. 😍

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We are In the Spanish Pyrenees tonight. Busy on this free site but not full, last 4 nights completely on our own. Busier than Greece was last yr but no where NR full. if you are not here please stay at home, where you belong. Ps been high teens to low twenties and 😎.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Rock up in the Costas beginning of Jan 2025 without a booking and see how you get on… 🤣🤣
You’re absolutely right but fortunately for a lot of us they’re the antithesis of what we want.
But to be totally honest after being in Spain for almost a month I’d love a full English……especially on a dull morning like this?😀

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
The clue is in the title:)

It's been the same since the first week in January with regards to space.

Santa Pola, this one.
I thought it looked like the spot by Ermita del Rosari. We used to pop down there for a picnic when we had our apartment at Gran Alacant. I'll be stopping off there on my way back from Andalusia around early May

Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
I am a newbie ex caravaner for 40years
Just one of many places we stopped for free. We think it's been easier this year than last.
View attachment 878558
FLT is the way to go:)
View attachment 878558
FLT is the way to go
View attachment 878558
FLT is the way to go
I was over there early January for 8 weeks and the Costa’s were pretty much full,the peak season is now over .
I haven’t heard anyone say it’s busy now ?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I was over there early January for 8 weeks and the Costa’s were pretty much full,the peak season is now over .
I haven’t heard anyone say it’s busy now ?

Yes much better, although Easter week will be busy with local Spanish campers. Will be fine after that! ✔️

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
You’re absolutely right but fortunately for a lot of us they’re the antithesis of what we want.
But to be totally honest after being in Spain for almost a month I’d love a full English……especially on a dull morning like this?😀

Not all Costas are equal 🤪. Costal SE Spain is a loverly climate in the winter, Costa Calida is wonderful, IMHO. ‘Tis strange what one craves; I never miss an English breakfast…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back