Who said Spain was rammed and there was nowhere to stay? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Now having a free night in Moraira. Cheers!
20240324_140241.jpg

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
The clue is in the title:)

It's been the same since the first week in January with regards to space.

Santa Pola, this one.
I got asked to move there by a Policia Nationale officer... Tienes una cafe conmigo?..he saw mini bandera of Spain on the back of the door and gave the thumbs up... Loved me after that...he said In Spanish no thank you, finish your cafe and then you can move off.. Very nice.. Unlike UK... There used to be notices all along there shore saying no overnight camping..enjoy!

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
I got asked to move there by a Policia Nationale officer... Tienes una cafe conmigo?..he saw mini bandera of Spain on the back of the door and gave the thumbs up... Loved me after that...he said In Spanish no thank you, finish your cafe and then you can move off.. Very nice.. Unlike UK... There used to be notices all along there shore saying no overnight camping..enjoy!
Forgot to add there was a Spanish autocaravana nearby and he asked for all his papers!

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
The local police website says motorhomes can park in any area for cars. You just can't camp. So no windows open, no steps, no chairs. Otherwise it's open season. Two nights with constant police patrols. No problem whatsoever.

FLT-ing is about common sense, not taking the p.ss.

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
The local police website says motorhomes can park in any area for cars. You just can't camp. So no windows open, no steps, no chairs. Otherwise it's open season. Two nights with constant police patrols. No problem whatsoever.

FLT-ing is about common sense, not taking the p.ss.
Very nice x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As Spanish residents, with a Sp registered motorhome, we stick to the rules. We know that we'd be expected to know them. It's galling sometimes watching "guiries" getting out their tables, chairs, canopies, but we have to be squeaky clean(ish) as immigrants to Spain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
We had a laugh last night. The Dutch couple at the other end of where we were. Waited until midnight to get their nasa sized satellite dish out. Wonder what they were watching:think:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Roses area has been very busy this last week, presently at Camping Salata and they were turning vans away big exodus this morning but filling up again. Not all the sites in the Bay Area have opened yet

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
As Spanish residents, with a Sp registered motorhome, we stick to the rules. We know that we'd be expected to know them. It's galling sometimes watching "guiries" getting out their tables, chairs, canopies, but we have to be squeaky clean(ish) as immigrants to Spain.
We were on the beach in Vera in February and a couple of brits in Spanish registered vans got told to move right to the back, the local council man left the rest of us be.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
We were on the beach in Vera in February and a couple of brits in Spanish registered vans got told to move right to the back, the local council man left the rest of us be.
Reminds me of the time we were on the tram in Murcia. Missed our stop so thought we would just stay on till it travelled back around. The ticket guy looked at us but thought it wasn't worth the hassle.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We are In the Spanish Pyrenees tonight. Busy on this free site but not full, last 4 nights completely on our own. Busier than Greece was last yr but no where NR full. if you are not here please stay at home, where you belong. Ps been high teens to low twenties and 😎.
Any snow on the roads ?

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I know of a cracking spot. Sea views, wake up to dolphins and you may see the odd fisherman.

First found it in 2004 when we drove down in our motorhome but had hired a villa on the coast. Hidden down a little track is the villa with a garden that goes down to the sea. The Free Spot is just a few yards along.

I have never posted its Location and probably never will. As if I did, it would be over run in days.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We have used mainly campsites for 5 weeks, no problems finding site to stay, even went to El Torres near Villajoyosa, we were told but it wasn't near Villajoyosa!! and at 27 euro a night no thankyou, bloke staying there said it was okish

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
I know of a cracking spot. Sea views, wake up to dolphins and you may see the odd fisherman.

First found it in 2004 when we drove down in our motorhome but had hired a villa on the coast. Hidden down a little track is the villa with a garden that goes down to the sea. The Free Spot is just a few yards along.

I have never posted its Location and probably never will. As if I did, it would be over run in days.
Sounds great. Before your next trip there, check underneath your van for an apple tag:)

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Snap! This was taken 200m further up from your van. Only realised when I saw the plant in your photo. I think🤔. We were there 3 days ago. Didn't realise Vera was Massive nudist community:oops:
Screenshot_20240324_213731_Gallery.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Trevor

I do not even post which Greek islands I go to, never mind the beaches. Not that many would venture to such remote spots.

Geoff

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Now having a free night in Moraira. Cheers!
View attachment 878867
Flippin eck, so am I! In fact I'm parked next to you! My friend Shirley Blossom is next to me. Also I've just found out some other friends (not funsters 🙃) are parked up the other end!
See you tomorrow!
Edited to say next-but -one..... just got a new arrival between us.

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Now there's a surprise😮. You'll have to be up early though. We're off to Denia in the morning at 8:giggle:

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Snap! This was taken 200m further up from your van. Only realised when I saw the plant in your photo. I think🤔. We were there 3 days ago. Didn't realise Vera was Massive nudist community:oops:
View attachment 879145
I remember seeing your van. We were unaware of the nudist community until two naked people walked into the beach side cafe just as another couple were walking down the street naked. Oh well whatever floats your boat, they are doing no harm.

OP
OP
daveclare

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
We're heading there Tuesday....maybe 🤔
We'll put the kettle on:giggle:. It's a bit grey here. But looks like it'll be like this for a couple of days. I thought we'd struggle with getting on the beach with the grassy area closed off. But there were a few spaces. Probably because its early. Mind you, even the marina car park only had two vans on it.

20240325_090818.jpg

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Monday, in Xeraco rained at night, raining this morning, reminds me of somewhere?🥴

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back