What is your Emergency Motorhome meal? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
We were unexpectedly 'stuck' in the van the other night and I managed to make up a meal from leftovers in the fridge and I got to wondering if it was sensible to have an emergency meal in the Van for such time. My mind wandered to a tin of beans with sausages in and a tin of new potatoes as they would last for years in a cupboard somewhere. Pretty boring, but we only have x2 gas rings - no Oven or Microwave. So I'm asking what others have if anything and if you can think of anything a little less boring!

Thanks.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I thought, like most people, there is always some veg in the fridge. Based on the posts, it seems most are tinned food aficionados! 🤷‍♂️

Mrs Carpmart knocks up a veg soup with what ever veg/salad items we have, with onions (always knocking about too) maybe that old spud that you have to pluck the shoots off all lobbed in the pan with some veg stock.

If we are really hungry, she has some of the micro pasta or couscous that gets dropped in at the end. 🤤
would do at home, but have cans in the van.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Passata is better than Puree, but each to his own? 😄
Well it's not puree as such it's just basically tomatos and nothing else in cartons or bottles. I've about 8 cartons and 4 bottles currently 😁🤣

Just add onions, garlic. Or tuna or whitever.
17193245525336107503903885850969.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
12 years
Block of cheese , always have one of them, crisps, beer and or wine

I am sure we are not alone with that fall back option , just first to admit it 😁

Oh and olives there is always an out of date tin somewhere 🤔😁👍
Not the olives 🥴, the rest sounds perfectly fine!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back