What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Mended a dodgy c-line 240v socket. Air fryer plug neutral pin plastic coating bubbled and got stuck in socket. Turns out the brass clamp in the socket had split so no longer fully clamping and small sparking instead. Robbed the back socket part of a square faced replacement to fit our round euro type socket - air fryer working perfectly again 😀
The round ones are made by Berker and although compatible with C-line CBE type frames, always best to replace with the correct part.

Gyro

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleep KemertonXL
Exp
since 2003
Replaced flexible drain pipes on fresh and waste tanks both brittle and split. Need to explore why rear view camera screen gives a no signal message but can cycle through menu, I’m guessing there’s a bad connection between cam and screen.

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
The mho has gone not the paint shop to have some damage repaired which occurred when a woman with road rage cut into me then took another go at the rear with a side swipe. She the left at great haste. Luckily there were witnesses and it is being sorted on her insurance. I was surprised how the side panels on a Discovery can be dented. All I had were paint scuffs.

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Fitted an extra solar panel (y)
I ovs cleaned where new panel was fitted :LOL:

IMG_20230311_145406_MP.jpg IMG_20230416_142948_MP.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Well I would not call it fixed but the cylinder head gasket went on the way back from salt fleet gale
So I followed Wildman’s advice and put sum kseel well blow me apart from all the rusty water stains under the bonnet you wouldn’t think it had happened watt the hell is that stuff probably gummed up the work’s but seem to have worked Frome stemming traction engine to purring petrol will give it would never have believed it if I hadn’t seen it my shelf a good run today to try it out on to eBay
In the process of fixing a leak from the hot water pipe connections. Just awaiting some parts from Ebay to complete the repair.

20230411_095354.jpg

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Last weeks gale blew our bathroom window completely off despite being closed! Temp fix with sticky tape. Another ‘ok for now’ situation.
Blimey 😦 sorry to hear about that.

Apr 4, 2013
Bognor Regis, W.Sussex. PO21 5QU
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012 when we were "newbies" - and still getting about before we seize up.
New batteries for the fire alarm & the CO alarm. I am starting to think the fire alarm may need to be sent to the alarm haven in the sky the local recycling tip.
Oiled hinges, external door locks and a dry lube spray around windows etc. Cleaned the grey waste tank etc. Will replace the knocked off chimney vent later this morning. T'other bits can wait until it's a bit warmer. Otherwise, nothing at all really.

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Well I haven't actually fixed anything myself but just picked up Hattie (old) Hymer from Adams Morey where she's had the fuel tank filler hose and fuel gauge replaced, and the passenger side electric window made to work. On way home, stopped at Southdowns Moho Service Centre for a couple of leaks on the Hab side, and other minor annoyances to be sorted. Seems they're inundated with work and the earliest they can book me in would be mid June unless we want to wait for the winter period...... As we stay on sites (being an ancient pair, 80 and 91 yrs old) we could manage, although not having a loo could be a problem overnight !!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Done a few jobs today's replaced the burner and jet on the fridge it seems to be working fine now cold beer again.
Tided up sume wiring around the van fixed a leek in the shower room sink
Fixed a broken hing

Wildbill

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
Waiting for Highbridge caravans to give us a price and availability on some parts we need .
Been a week so far ...still waiting for an answer :rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Here is an alternative view

Get somebody else to do it, especially the jobs like cameras which would be beyond me.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Repaired small Heki rooflight when the insect blind suddenly went all floppy (ooh matron!) and there were strings dangling down.
Thanks to you-tube and a cunningly inserted self tapper all fixed and working fine.
Bazza
Done a couple of mine now. The threading always seems inordinately complicated for a simple task.

funsterSwede

Free Member
Jul 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Perpetual newbie
Got our Teltonika router and Poynting antenna installed, figured we'll try with the antenna inside the van to see if we can avoid drilling the roof of our preciousssss.. We also added a Raspberry Pi which we'll use to monitor the Victron gear when we're out of the van - and as a computer hooked up to the telly when we're out and about..

Aug 24, 2022
South Killingholme, Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
I'm a newbie had a wobbly box when adam was a lad
Not by me but by Mike of M+N caravan services https://www.mncservices.co.uk/ who fitted a new seal to my Skyview cab roof window after it leaked and drowned my £500 dab radio :swear:now just have to wait for the fridge pcbs to arrive and I'll be able to use the dam thing. my 2002 Vanmaster caravan is still on the drive if I hadn't sold the Range Rover could have used that wondering if I did the right thing changing to a motorhome :(

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not us but Fiat professional, fixed our faulty comfortmatic gear problem. Quick efficient but expensive hourly rate, less than fiat cars though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Jasz
Back