We've got loads of Data allowance...but sometimes...🤔 (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I been reading up on here...on Facebook and watched a few YouTube videos.
Our Data allowance is good....and generally here in Spain we rarely lack a good signal, but....there are times that we haven't got a good enough or even none at all...
Internet for us is fairly essential...planning bike routes, places to stay etc...and entertainment...TV (Footie) posting on here and Facebook...
I'm considering, and therefore asking, What's the latest external Aerial and Router solutions that would help us stay in contact with the outside world..
Just to add.... I've got a spare hole in the MH roof...actually it was where the TV Aerial used to be...the pole is still there.... advantage Me..
I await a bombardment of replies..🤭😃😃🇪🇺

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Have found these two Poynting 7-in-one antennae, but apart from one being £50 more than the other, I can't see much difference. Is there a difference?

MIMO-3-V2-17
MIMO-4-17

There is also a MIMO-4-19, but that has 4 x Mobile and 4 x wifi, which seems overkill because I can't find a router that has 4 x MIMO and 4 x WIFI.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I thought I was being clever when we landed in Santander on Saturday and by Sunday I was kitted out with a Digi 200GB sim for €16. Thought I was Cock of the North!
But this conversation is on another level😂😂

Terry
Hi Terry,
you will need to up your game a lot to keep up with our gang....The Fun Elite Group....they only let me join because, I'm one of the overseas consultants...
Happy travels.

Martin

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Panorama or Poynting?

Seem to have the same specs; is one make considered better then the other?
I've had up until now the panorama's antenna's, and they have been really good, only recently changed to Poynting and that was solely based on cost as spec wise they are very similar, but the panorama are better looking in my opinion than the Poynting.

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
Have found these two Poynting 7-in-one antennae, but apart from one being £50 more than the other, I can't see much difference. Is there a difference?

MIMO-3-V2-17
MIMO-4-17

Yes, there are some minor differences (other than the shape)....

MIMO-4 has a broader frequency range 617 – 7200 MHz compared to the MIMO-3's 410 – 3800 MHz (this makes less difference than it sounds like it does, they both cover most of what you'll find in Europe)

MIMO-3 has CBRS (CB Radio) which MIMO-4 doesn't have and it also has LTE-M 450. The brief version of LTE 450 is that it's a low frequency (450MHz - who would have guessed?) that's essentially been freed up by the abolition of the 2G standard. What it means in real life is a signal that can travel further due to the longer wavelength.

A word of caution on the MIMO-3-17 though - Poynting list it with 2 x 2 and 4 x 4 MIMO which makes me think that they might (confusingly) offer two variants of it. Just be sure to check that you're getting a 4 x 4 if you choose this. I could be wrong, but I'd definitely check before parting with cash...

There is also a MIMO-4-19, but that has 4 x Mobile and 4 x wifi, which seems overkill because I can't find a router that has 4 x MIMO and 4 x WIFI.
The MIMO-4-19 is essentially the same as the MIMO-4-17 but with the extra 2 WiFi antennas. You don't need it.

Panorama v Poynting?
I've no experience of the Panorama so can't comment on that. This is my second Poynting though and I've been very happy with them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Found this...is it what you suggest?
Screenshot_2024-09-30-15-32-40-222_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-30-15-32-40-222_com.android.chrome.jpg

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I discounted that aerial as it was missing some of the bands for rural travelling but there will be more knowledgable people that can comment, on the plus side it is one of their latest antenna's but even their support pointed me towards the one i mentioned earlier.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back