Van Modification Success: Goodbye Blind Spot Mirrors (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
This is an interesting document from Volvo re the use of cameras etc and it gives a reference to the UN document that gives rise to the use of indirect vision devices etc.

Interesting to note that the drive behind cameras was initially to reduce drag on the vehicle and hence its energy consumption.......though in the near future this will morph into the removal of blind spots as a general requirement.
The document does note some serious 'challenges' with the use of cameras and screens and they are certainly not a direct replacement in and around the man / machine interface......
That’s the doc Ive been looking for……👍

Thanks!

OP
OP
Rob Turner
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
The issue I find is normally you can lean forward in your seat and get a variable view, with the cameras it’s a fixed image and doesn’t negate the blind spots.
To be fair the range of view is a lot wider than the mirrors gave and if I do need it to be wider then I just press a button to pan left or right but I haven’t needed to yet.
I’m off to France in a week so will give it a good test then.
With your reference to blind spots, I no longer have them as this was the main reason I had them installed.

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
These are the rules in the UK for using Phones, sat nav’s or other devices. Basically, you must not use a device in your hand for any reason, whether online or offline, with a few exceptions. Hands free is OK.
Doesn’t say anything about merely looking at a screen except You must stay in full control of your vehicleat all times. The police can stop you if they think you’re not in control because you’re distracted and you can be prosecuted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back