May

Rally Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It's quite good overlooking the sports ground, you get to see them exercising and you can feel refreshed without any effort. Yesterday a player right on centre of our window was practicing kicking goals. He didn't manage it but you could see the technique. It was in 3d, better than on TV!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You are so right about wimping out of the fishing trip šŸ«¢

I was lying in bed last night thinking about what to wear - as girlies do - and realised that whatever I do wear, I will have to live with in a confined space for the next 6 weeks, smelling of mackerel guts. šŸ¤¢

Sorry Carpmart šŸ™
But, Buzz would love you even more. :rofl:

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Carpmart what have you got planned? To be fair I do have my doubts. I had an L4 fracture 14 months ago and I'm not sure how bouncing around in a dingy would affect it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Waiting for the cruise ship to Exmouth šŸ˜€

IMG_1631.jpeg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to have confused people but SWT strikes arenā€™t this weekend, theyā€™re next week. They donā€™t start until 31st May and last until Saturday 3rd June. Knew Iā€™d been cursing them but itā€™s not Topsham plans itā€™s other stuff!

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Carpmart what have you got planned? To be fair I do have my doubts. I had an L4 fracture 14 months ago and I'm not sure how bouncing around in a dingy would affect it.

Only a simple mackerel fishing trip for two hours out of Exmouth Marina. Nothing hardcore! Itā€™s find a shoal of mackerel, catch as many as you want/need/can then back in again.

Iā€™m waiting to hear back from the Skipper. Favoured is Sat departing at 12.15.

Will let all know when itā€™s arranged.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Only a simple mackerel fishing trip for two hours out of Exmouth Marina. Nothing hardcore! Itā€™s find a shoal of mackerel, catch as many as you want/need/can then back in again.

Iā€™m waiting to hear back from the Skipper. Favoured is Sat departing at 12.15.

Cheers Harvey. We're still up for it. šŸ‘

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009

Interested. How do we get to Exmouth?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is a bus stop outside the rugby club this side goes to exmouth the other side to Exeter.bus 57. They are very 15 to 20 mins or so, takes about 20 minutes.
That's if you need to take a bus.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Rightā€¦ spoke to Exe Fishing. Itā€™s Ā£17 per person, leaving Exmouth Marina at 12.15 on Saturday.

I know I canvassed quite enthusiastically yesterday, so please donā€™t feel obliged if you got carried away with all the excitement yesterday evening! šŸ¤Ŗ

I need to phone back tomorrow morning at 09.15 to confirm numbers and pay for the trip, so if you would like to come, please can you bring cash this evening or use PayPal Harvey.longden@gmail.com (friends payment please) before 09.00 so I can pay and book the correct number of places.

Any questions?

H

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
There is a bus stop outside the rugby club this side goes to exmouth the other side to Exeter.bus 57. They are very 15 to 20 mins or so, takes about 20 minutes.
That's if you need to take a bus.

Iā€™ve got a car here, so can take three with meā€¦

Hopefully Cliff will be coming with a car too!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Nick and I walked to the Turf Hotel. My lunch was lovely(sea bream) but Nickā€™s pulled pork was disappointing. Saw Barti Ddu as they were leaving. We did catch the ferry back but we splashed out on the one from the pub which was a nice mini cruise back up the river.

Coffee and cake in town completed a nice day out.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Super walk today around the coast along Exmouth beach & around the corner - did check the tide times to make sure we didn't get cut off! The Haven Devon Cliffs cafe was a good stop off for a drink with a view & a loo stop but a very steep path up. The trains run twice an hour from Topsham & just Ā£5.40 return for two of us with a Railcard.

IMG_20230524_144602467.jpg IMG_20230524_144540089.jpg
IMG_20230524_153101433_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Nick and I have just got back from a lovely walk to Exmouth. We stopped for coffee and cake in a tiny coffee shop in Plympton, itā€™s the only one. The brownies were excellent and Iā€™m very fussy.
Continued past the Royal Marine barracks and they were out to play for once Emmit ! Very smart they looked too.

Wandered round Exmouth and had lunch in the Magnolia cafe. Cheap and cheerful but good value. Nice and clean.

Bus ride back Ā£2 for those of us who donā€™t have passes yet. Think the deal has been extended until October so may be better than train with railcard especially as strikes this weekend.
I read that they have extended the Ā£2 bus fares until October then they will be Ā£2.50 until November of next year. Hopefully they will extend this, then it wonā€™t be long until I get my bus pass (not wishing my life away lol)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Super walk today around the coast along Exmouth beach & around the corner - did check the tide times to make sure we didn't get cut off! The Haven Devon Cliffs cafe was a good stop off for a drink with a view & a loo stop but a very steep path up. The trains run twice an hour from Topsham & just Ā£5.40 return for two of us with a Railcard.

View attachment 757718 View attachment 757719View attachment 757722
I remember the steep walk when heavily pregnant with Matthew. We had a lovely week there when Claire was small. The site was a small Haven site in those days 31 years ago!

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Rightā€¦ spoke to Exe Fishing. Itā€™s Ā£17 per person, leaving Exmouth Marina at 12.15 on Saturday.

I know I canvassed quite enthusiastically yesterday, so please donā€™t feel obliged if you got carried away with all the excitement yesterday evening! šŸ¤Ŗ

I need to phone back tomorrow morning at 09.15 to confirm numbers and pay for the trip, so if you would like to come, please can you bring cash this evening or use PayPal Harvey.longden@gmail.com (friends payment please) before 09.00 so I can pay and book the correct number of places.

Any questions?

H
Hi Harvey. Transferred Ā£34 by PayPal for Julie and me.

Thanks for arranging.
Andy.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

See post aboveā€¦ we have nine Funsters all paid up and going on Saturday šŸ‘šŸ»

Itā€™s ā€˜justā€™ a mackerel trip of two hours, reasonably large boat as it takes 30, so I guess will be pretty stable and not too bouncy. It will be ebb tide and with the high pressure we have had no wind so I think it will be a very calm seaā€¦ not necessarily perfect for the fishing but very comfortable for the anglers.

Let me know if youā€™d like to go as Iā€™m booking at 09.15 tomorrow. šŸ‘šŸ»

Harvey

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Reading the posts it seems weā€™re all having a lovely time - not just me!

After saying Iā€™d take lots of photos of our sunny trip to Exmouth I only took one!
IMG_9496.jpeg

We walked from the ferry and straight to a pub in town for a spot of lunch - bacon and Brie toasted sandwich with fries and salad - delicious!

We then wandered to an ice cream parlour for a leisurely ice cream and chat, and then we wandered to the train station for the trip home!

I make no apology for the short time spent in town - on Saturday Iā€™ll be making the trip in my car and Iā€™ll have two hours to spare between dropping off Carpmart Harveyā€™s intrepid Fishermen Friends and picking them up again - so plenty of time for charity shops and ice cream parlours!

A pleasant evening was spent strumming in the shelter, before we all got cold and wandered back to the vans.

Oh - I forgot to say - I was wearing my new jacket ā€¦.. and yes you guessed it ā€¦..
1684963827572.jpeg

How can they have such disgusting habits, yet look so immaculate! :swear2:

And yes, I bought a lottery ticket - and yes, I won nothing! :rofl:

Another lovely day in Topsham. No plans for tomorrow, just chillin and enjoying the sunny weather - itā€™s been a long time coming! IMG_9498.jpeg

Edit: the sodding seagull manages to get into my post twice - and much like the real thing - I canā€™t get rid of it!!!

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Any one at Topsham?

Just heard some banging, a large van came into the carpark along with 3 or 4 cars, the van has gone, could this be initial stages of a traveller move?

Trying to get through to 101 now.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Reported to police they are sending emergency response.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Police turned up after 40 minutes wandered around club house and went.
We thought the gate was locked as well and heard 3 or 4 loud bangs, and assumed it was the gate lock being broken?
Hopefully the noise was something else and this could have been the workmen leaving their cars their? Just seemed strange at 2:30, also travellers invaded here for the bank holiday 2 years ago, and they tend to live to a pattern.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back