May

Rally Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
petenshirley added a new event:

Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023

Late May Bank Holiday 8nt Rally
TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,
EXETER ROAD, TOPSHAM, EXETER, DEVON. EX3 0LY

Arr. MONDAY 22nd MAY Dep. TUESDAY 30th MAY 2023

Shirley and I have been invited by Derek and Mary to host the rally this year. Therefore we have great pleasure in inviting all subscribing Funsters to a Rally at Topsham Rugby Club, Topsham, nr Exeter.

Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.

This is in order to give every Funster the chance to see this and discuss the event with their mates

Bookings accepted from 1900 on 16 Jan 23

The Rugby Club have a Licensed Bar which we are hoping to use.
Bus Stop outside the door that will take you to Exeter, (and beyond) and in the other direction, Exmouth and even Sidmouth.
A railway station, again taking you to Exeter (and beyond) and Exmouth.
A network of cycle paths on both sides of the River Exe.
An Aldi within walking distance, <(½ mile)

This is but a small selection of, ‘Things to do’

Topsham, we understand, has 5 pubs and several eateries. Good walking country including a riverside walk to Exmouth.
Topsham Quay Antique Centre, (A large wharf warehouse crammed with antiques. As seen on TV)
River cruises
Darts Farm Shop, (There are Farm Shops, and then there is Darts Farm.) Look it up.
Exeter
Exmouth

Location; Topsham Rugby Club, Exeter Road, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, EX3 0LY
Co-ords; N50.688829 W3.47077
What3Words; ///joke.adults.inch

The event starts at 12 noon on Monday 22nd May 2023 and finishes 11.00am on Tuesday 30th May 2023.

This is an eight night event. The RFC have increased their fees to £12.50 which we have rounded up to £13.00, to cover a social evening and incidentals. The cost of attending is therefore £104 per unit.
Bookings will be accepted from Funsters on back to back meets, pro rata.
Please note. There is no EHU where we are pitched, however, there are facilities to charge batteries on site.

Topsham is a very old, ‘quaint’ town sitting on the banks of the River Exe estuary.
Access; The Club has a gated entry which we will lock at night. (Pedestrian access is still allowed).

Toads. There is a separate tarmac Car Park for these.

Dogs; Dogs will be allowed, although prohibited on the actual Rugby pitches. They can be exercised around the margins and should be kept on leads at all times.

Generators; Generators are allowed. If you intend to use them please advise us when booking. You will be sited separately and they can only be used in “Social Hours”

Deposit. When you get on the List, I will send all attendees a Conversation advising as to where the £10.00 deposit should be sent and asking for unit details.

FULL PAYMENT IS DUE ON (OR BEFORE) 1ST APRIL 2023

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List? Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.
Gazebos (Pop up Quests) will be allowed.

An organised social evening is in the planning.
We will be having a raffle, again for the benefit of charity.

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

1. Broken Link Removed Pete and Shirley - Paid
  2. Broken Link Removed Lee and Brian - Paid
  3. Wombles Paid
  4. Carpmart Paid
  5. Jimbohorlicks Paid
  6. Mousy Paid
  7. Wh05apk Paid
  8. carolyn Paid
  9. MaidinDevon Paid

10. cliffanger Paid
  11. SandS Paid
  12. Barti Ddu Paid
  13. rosalan Paid
  14. posset girlPaid
  15. Janine Paid

16. Dorwyn Paid
  17. Dilly-Dodd Paid CANX
  18. SkyelinePaid
  19. ShulahooverPaid
  20. Dorset Diver Paid

Read more about this event...

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The hosts have changed, the rules haven't.
There must be a corner of the pitch that you should be made to stand in. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I thought: different hosts - different rules. :rofl:

I will happily go for the corner where the team was practising the last time we were there ….. :inlove: I’ll even hand out the oranges at half time ….

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Anything for a squeeze and a ruck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You’re very rude, please change it to “squeeze and a ruck”, Geraldine will be exhausted if she has to service both teams.

Oh no I’ve just realised it’s a Monday night as well that I’m going to have to be poised at 7pm. Glad I checked.
If there was a 'Priceless' button, I'd press it!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I dont know if this the right place to register but can we be put on the list to attend. Stan & sheila
Here's how to get a place tonight from the first post:
"Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.
This is in order to give every Funster the chance to see this and discuss the event with their mates
Bookings accepted from 1900 on 16 Jan 23"

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
id like to come. hope im not too late

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,

Shirley and I have been invited by Derek and Mary to host the rally this year. Therefore we have great pleasure in inviting all subscribing Funsters to a Rally at Topsham Rugby Club, Topsham, nr Exeter.

Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.

Bus Stop outside the door that will take you to Exeter, (and beyond) and in the other direction, Exmouth and even Sidmouth.

Topsham, we understand, has 5 pubs and several eateries. Good walking country including a riverside walk to Exmouth.
Topsham Quay Antique Centre, (A large wharf warehouse crammed with antiques. As seen on TV)
River cruises
Darts Farm Shop, (There are Farm Shops, and then there is Darts Farm.) Look it up.
Exeter
Exmouth

The event starts at 12 noon on Monday 22nd May 2023 and finishes 11.00am on Tuesday 30th May 2023.

This is an eight night event. The RFC have increased their fees to £12.50 which we have rounded up to £13.00, to cover a social evening and incidentals. The cost of attending is therefore £104 per unit.
Please note. There is no EHU where we are pitched, however, there are facilities to charge batteries on site.

Topsham is a very old, ‘quaint’ town sitting on the banks of the River Exe estuary.
Access; The Club has a gated entry which we will lock at night. (Pedestrian access is still allowed).

Dogs; Dogs will be allowed, although prohibited on the actual Rugby pitches. They can be exercised around the margins and should be kept on leads at all times.

Generators; Generators are allowed. If you intend to use them please advise us when booking. You will be sited separately and they can only be used in “Social Hours”

Deposit. When you get on the List, I will send all attendees a Conversation advising as to where the £10.00 deposit should be sent and asking for unit details.

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List? Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

1. Broken Link Removed Pete and Shirley
  2. Broken Link Removed Lee and Brian

yes p!ease of theres

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,

River cruises
Exeter
Exmouth

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

I'd like to come.

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,

River cruises
Exeter
Exmouth

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

We would like a place like to come.

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,

River cruises
Exeter
Exmouth

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Of all the rally sites we have visited, Topsham ranks with the best. Bus pass holders can jump on a bus to Exeter, Exmouth, Budliegh Salterton and explore the coastline at no expense. The bus stops right by the venue. Shops nearby.... far too many to list. Walk into Topsham, about 1/4 mile if that. Toilets and hot showers, what more could you ask.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back