May

Rally Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Morning,

There are taps at both ends of the Clubhouse/Changing Rooms.
On the side immediately on your right as you drive through the gates,
there may be vehicles parked However, if that is the case and it causes difficulty,
drive along the lane (part of the Club, not public (and it's wide enough for
deliveries to the other end where there is another tap.

Last year, because of the building of an estate next door, it was the latter route
that was used to get to the Rally area.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
we are currently ,"down the road" at Weymouth ,see you on Monday.
20230521_103735.jpg

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
I have to say I’m struggling to believe this rally is not 'over subscribed'.
It is a brilliant location. The ground itself is level grass and Easy walk into Topsham with plenty of pubs, shops and cafes. A couple of pubs actually down on the riverside where you can sit outside watching the wildlife and boats. A fine way to spend a couple of hours on a sunny afternoon (or two) in my opinion 😆
There’s also an excellent outdoor swimming pool in the town which was quite popular with the more energetic Funsters last year.
There’s a good sized Aldi just 10 mins walk in the opposite direction.
Frequent bus service into Exeter and many other coastal destinations.

We thoroughly enjoyed last year and are gutted that circumstances prevent us from attending this year. Even the weather looks set to be great.

Hope you have a great rally Pete n Shirley.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022
Bovey Tracey, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto/Trail 700
Exp
Since 1980, tents, caravans, motor homes.
petenshirley added a new event:

Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,
EXETER ROAD, TOPSHAM, EXETER, DEVON. EX3 0LY

Arr. MONDAY 22nd MAY Dep. TUESDAY 30th MAY 2023

Shirley and I have been invited by Derek and Mary to host the rally this year. Therefore we have great pleasure in inviting all subscribing Funsters to a Rally at Topsham Rugby Club, Topsham, nr Exeter.

Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.

This is in order to give every Funster the chance to see this and discuss the event with their mates

Bookings accepted from 1900 on 16 Jan 23

The Rugby Club have a Licensed Bar which we are hoping to use.
Bus Stop outside the door that will take you to Exeter, (and beyond) and in the other direction, Exmouth and even Sidmouth.
A railway station, again taking you to Exeter (and beyond) and Exmouth.
A network of cycle paths on both sides of the River Exe.
An Aldi within walking distance, <(½ mile)

This is but a small selection of, ‘Things to do’

Topsham, we understand, has 5 pubs and several eateries. Good walking country including a riverside walk to Exmouth.
Topsham Quay Antique Centre, (A large wharf warehouse crammed with antiques. As seen on TV)
River cruises
Darts Farm Shop, (There are Farm Shops, and then there is Darts Farm.) Look it up.
Exeter
Exmouth

Location; Topsham Rugby Club, Exeter Road, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, EX3 0LY
Co-ords; N50.688829 W3.47077
What3Words; ///joke.adults.inch

The event starts at 12 noon on Monday 22nd May 2023 and finishes 11.00am on Tuesday 30th May 2023.

This is an eight night event. The RFC have increased their fees to £12.50 which we have rounded up to £13.00, to cover a social evening and incidentals. The cost of attending is therefore £104 per unit.
Bookings will be accepted from Funsters on back to back meets, pro rata.
Please note. There is no EHU where we are pitched, however, there are facilities to charge batteries on site.

Topsham is a very old, ‘quaint’ town sitting on the banks of the River Exe estuary.
Access; The Club has a gated entry which we will lock at night. (Pedestrian access is still allowed).

Toads. There is a separate tarmac Car Park for these.

Dogs; Dogs will be allowed, although prohibited on the actual Rugby pitches. They can be exercised around the margins and should be kept on leads at all times.

Generators; Generators are allowed. If you intend to use them please advise us when booking. You will be sited separately and they can only be used in “Social Hours”

Deposit. When you get on the List, I will send all attendees a Conversation advising as to where the £10.00 deposit should be sent and asking for unit details.

FULL PAYMENT IS DUE ON (OR BEFORE) 1ST APRIL 2023

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List? Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.
Gazebos (Pop up Quests) will be allowed.

An organised social evening is in the planning.
We will be having a raffle, again for the benefit of charity.

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

1. Broken Link Removed Pete and Shirley - Paid
  2. Broken Link Removed Lee and Brian - Paid
  3. Wombles Paid
  4. Carpmart Paid
  5. Jimbohorlicks Paid
  6. Mousy Paid
  7. Wh05apk Paid
  8. carolyn Paid
  9. MaidinDevon Paid

10. cliffanger Paid
  11. SandS Paid
  12. Barti Ddu Paid
  13. rosalan Paid
  14. posset girlPaid
  15. Janine Paid

16. Dorwyn Paid
  17. Dilly-Dodd Paid
  18. SkyelinePaid
  19. Shulahoover

Read more about this event...

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Nick and I have just got back from a lovely walk to Exmouth. We stopped for coffee and cake in a tiny coffee shop in Plympton, it’s the only one. The brownies were excellent and I’m very fussy.
Continued past the Royal Marine barracks and they were out to play for once Emmit ! Very smart they looked too.

Wandered round Exmouth and had lunch in the Magnolia cafe. Cheap and cheerful but good value. Nice and clean.

Bus ride back £2 for those of us who don’t have passes yet. Think the deal has been extended until October so may be better than train with railcard especially as strikes this weekend.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Nick and I have just got back from a lovely walk to Exmouth. We stopped for coffee and cake in a tiny coffee shop in Plympton, it’s the only one. The brownies were excellent and I’m very fussy.
Continued past the Royal Marine barracks and they were out to play for once Emmit ! Very smart they looked too.

Wandered round Exmouth and had lunch in the Magnolia cafe. Cheap and cheerful but good value. Nice and clean.

Bus ride back £2 for those of us who don’t have passes yet. Think the deal has been extended until October so may be better than train with railcard especially as strikes this weekend.
Lympstone Carolyn.
If you got as far as Plympton you really should be with the Marines. It's 40miles away!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Lympstone Carolyn.
If you got as far as Plympton you really should be with the Marines. It's 40miles away!
I was just thinking that myself Derek!

Sounds like a perfect day Carolyn - now all you have to do is clean up on the raffle as usual, and you’ll have had the perfect week! :rofl:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I was just thinking that myself Derek!

Sounds like a perfect day Carolyn - now all you have to do is clean up on the raffle as usual, and you’ll have had the perfect week! :rofl:
The only Funster I know who brings two shopping bags (to cart off her winnings) and her AA card to Raffle night.

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, what a lovely day we’ve had.

A slow start (after dancing with Julio of course) - cycling into beautiful Topsham, and meeting up with the Mousy ‘s and the Carpmart ’s for what started off as a quick drink at The Lighter Inn, but finished up as lunch - which was very nice.

A cycle back to the van and then a lovely curry (courtesy of Dawn) with rubbish Bombay potatoes (courtesy of me) and a pleasant evening spent in the club, winning the quiz! Cliff, Serena and I won the prize - which I’ve just eaten - thanks Teddy B Lee for the quiz and our prize - it was delicious!

Carpmart Harvey did his damndest to fill a fishing boat for Saturday - the proof of the pudding will be if they all show up, or if (as we suspect) they all said yes just to get him to give up and go away! :rofl:

We have the boat trip tomorrow, so we’re hoping for sunshine and calm seas (it being a trip down the estuary, the second criteria should be pretty much guaranteed at least)!

Photos of our sun filled day will be posted tomorrow!

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Esso on exeter road, Exmouth are showing 99.9p on filllpg but would be worth calling to check.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is one down the road towards exmouth,esso, showing lpg on thier board but the auto gas app indicates that at the 12th may they had none. I tried the number but not obtainable

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Coming from Slimbridge you’re probably better off stopping at Gordon services as they had it again on the 19.5.23

Podimore is repaired as an aside so that’s a relief for us locals as I’d really thought it had gone this time!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well, what a lovely day we’ve had.

A slow start (after dancing with Julio of course) - cycling into beautiful Topsham, and meeting up with the Mousy ‘s and the Carpmart ’s for what started off as a quick drink at The Lighter Inn, but finished up as lunch - which was very nice.

A cycle back to the van and then a lovely curry (courtesy of Dawn) with rubbish Bombay potatoes (courtesy of me) and a pleasant evening spent in the club, winning the quiz! Cliff, Serena and I won the prize - which I’ve just eaten - thanks Teddy B Lee for the quiz and our prize - it was delicious!

Carpmart Harvey did his damndest to fill a fishing boat for Saturday - the proof of the pudding will be if they all show up, or if (as we suspect) they all said yes just to get him to give up and go away! :rofl:

We have the boat trip tomorrow, so we’re hoping for sunshine and calm seas (it being a trip down the estuary, the second criteria should be pretty much guaranteed at least)!

Photos of our sun filled day will be posted tomorrow!
You are so right about wimping out of the fishing trip 🫢

I was lying in bed last night thinking about what to wear - as girlies do - and realised that whatever I do wear, I will have to live with in a confined space for the next 6 weeks, smelling of mackerel guts. 🤢

Sorry Carpmart 🙁

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You are so right about wimping out of the fishing trip 🫢

I was lying in bed last night thinking about what to wear - as girlies do - and realised that whatever I do wear, I will have to live with in a confined space for the next 6 weeks, smelling of mackerel guts. 🤢

Sorry Carpmart 🙁
Feeble excuse Janine. Speak to Lee as she has discovered a Community cafe with a launderette just down the road on the right!! I was never going so feel I can take the moral high ground briefly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back