Sue

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Very depressing..
We are thinking of selling our IH Motorhome… it’s simply time to move on, but we have been told that, although prices went up after covid, they are now dropping like a stone. The market is weak because the future is so uncertain
What does everyone think? Is this your experience?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Looks good. Have you managed to test the range under different conditions?

I for instance sometimes have to do a c. 180 mile round trip in a day, mostly on motorways so I would potentially have a range anxiety issue.
I think you would need a top up to make it comfortable. First long trip this weekend looking at a stop at Gregg's in Gretna and using the Tesla charger.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
I think prices are just becoming more realistic. They were stupid money, people trying to sell the same year and model of mine for the same price I got it from a dealer 5 years ago, that’s nuts!

The electric and ICE argument is interesting.

It won’t be long before electric vans are common, the infrastructure is already in place and more being added all the time. Particularly around cities.

We have just got Lucy an electric car, it was 3 years old and a few grand cheaper than the ICE version. No road tax and the electric to fill the battery for the 190 mile range costs £3.50. A fast charger at a services will get the battery to 80% in 20 minutes, though will cost you the equivalent of diesel for the convenience.

In short, we love it and wish we had got one years ago. It replaced a Diesel BMW mini that depreciated 3.5k a year, it had multiple issues due to the complex emissions systems it required by law. Look at the amount of problems people have on here with adblue and the like, that’s purely down to the fact they need to keep emissions low. No problem with electric vehicles.

We have had an electric Ambulance for years at work, no issues, they just need to solve the battery capacity and charge times.

My point is, I won’t be buying a new Motorhome for some years now, I am waiting for them to solve the electric problems like they have nearly done with cars. I don’t want a complex emissions system, it’s bad enough on my 2013 Ducato.

The constant horror stories of electric vehicles have helped me get a great deal on the current car, having tried it, I won’t be going back to an ICE. If they could carry on so I get a good deal on an electric motorhome in 10 years, that would be great. 😊
No VED now, but will be in 2025. Current rate is £190 but likely to change in the Budget. Also EVs over £40k list price will pay the premium rate for the first 5 years.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Why's it called Lucy? Those horror stories got us a good deal on ours
View attachment 963448

260 mile range £22 k brand new although pre registered ( the first " owner" had it 4 days!
Did you learn why the 1st owner sold after only 4 days's or was it the pre registered dealer that had it for those 4 days.?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
They were very clear when we phoned
Quite common apparently as they have quotas to meet and if they haven’t, registering and marking them as sold hits the target.
They were very clear on the arrangement when I phoned up after seeing the advert in autotrader. They evidently bought and pre registered 43 of them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
I wonder if a problem with that is that you’d miss out on opportunity to register for the Fiat extended 5 year warranty which as I understand it needs to happen within 2 weeks of registration. Maybe it is based on sale date instead.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I wonder if a problem with that is that you’d miss out on opportunity to register for the Fiat extended 5 year warranty which as I understand it needs to happen within 2 weeks of registration. Maybe it is based on sale date instead.
It was a car not a motorhome!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back