Jun

Rally Thetford Bash 2022 ... NEW VENUE.N Pickenham Rd, Swaffham PE37 7QX (1 Viewer)

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Good on you Scally! It is a 3/4 size, so maybe a little small for you. But, it's in good order and ideal for a 7-9 year old. Thanks for buying it, what a good cause!
Yep learning is a bit much at my age. To be fair, like Denise and her dog ramp, I didn't expect to get it with all the families about. I was just starting the bidding at the right place. I'll sell it on and put the profit to Essex air ambulance the both will benefit (y)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think you know my answer, it's Swaffham for me too! Great Location, Great People! :Grin:

PS. Jaws Do you have an email address (or is @swaffhamrugbyclub.co.uk sufficient?) for them as I would like to send them my many thanks for their help and consideration! :unsure:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think you know my answer, it's Swaffham for me too! Great Location, Great People! :Grin:

PS. Jaws Do you have an email address (or is @swaffhamrugbyclub.co.uk sufficient?) for them as I would like to send them my many thanks for their help and consideration! :unsure:
Afraid I don't didn't ! LOL Went on their web site for you and the chap I was dealing with, Eric, ( who was so helpful ) has an email of ejkln@aol.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the outlawes

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
diss norfolk
Funster No
MH
auto roller
Exp
im a newbie
Many thanks to JAWS and his many helpers for putting on a great bash . Our vote goes to Swaffham and we too couldn't believe the Dog grand national set up on the rugby pitch at thetford.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
A possible increase of £3.50!! For the whole weekend??
Absolutely scandalous!
Thats less than the cost of a cup of shite coffee from a shite coffee shop (insert any name of outlets here).
Make it a sensible increase of a tenner and we still get a blistering bargain.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
It was a pleasure to marshall. Seeing all those happy little faces arriving, not only were people happy to stump up the "contribution" for the fish and chips but some were very generous, I won't mention Tonka and Cruiser so not to embarrass them although they weren't alone.
We also saw the vehicles parked on the supposedly hallowed turf at Thetford, you know, where we mustn't even walk.
Jaws, my wife and I walked the Swaffam site when everyone had left, I have to say everyone had been responsible and not as much as a discarded cigarette end. After the masses had left Thetford there will be a mess there I reckon !
We spotted a board at the entrance advertising the boot sale that was being held.
Anyway, John did us proud with Swaffam and everyone had a great weekend.
Also thanks to the weather gods for holding back the rain.

Larby and Hilda

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I would like to add our thanks to John Jaws for getting this event off the ground at the new and improved venue. Tell Thetford to keep having dog shows at their ground if that's what they want as we are very happy to be going back to Swaffham if at all possible. Another great weekend with great company, new friends, faces to posters we'd not met before - all good stuff. And finally thanks to everyone who contributed to making things so enjoyable.

Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
This was our first bash so never been to Thetford. Swaffham had everything required (it would have been a cherry on top to get access to the changing rooms/showers, but had a fight with our clingy shower curtain instead!).
Would be happy to pay more to stay so that Swaffham are happy and the charity gets a fair donation 😁😁

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
This was our first bash so never been to Thetford. Swaffham had everything required (it would have been a cherry on top to get access to the changing rooms/showers, but had a fight with our clingy shower curtain instead!).
Would be happy to pay more to stay so that Swaffham are happy and the charity gets a fair donation 😁😁

Honestly, I don't think you would not have wanted to share a communal shower with some of us Funsters, better to 'fight with a clingy curtain' than ........ :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Afraid I don't didn't ! LOL Went on their web site for you and the chap I was dealing with, Eric, ( who was so helpful ) has an email of ejkln@aol.com

I have twice tried to email Eric at that address (It's probably me knowing my skills with a computer) but have not been able too, so please pass on all our appreciation when next you speak.

Take care and Thankyou! :clap2:

May 13, 2014
Bury St. Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Well, we’re home safe and sound even though I’m absolutely battered, not had so many aches and pains since playing rugby forty years ago.
A big thanks to John and co. for putting on a great ‘bash’ at such short notice and new venue.
A huge thanks to Johns son Darrell and others for patching me up after my racing incident/failure and Sam for expertly chauffeuring me to the hospital and back.
I feel like a fraud being awarded the winners trophy after causing the end of racing because my complete lack of talent, sorry to the other ped racers.
Hope to see you all again next year……….and I might protect my two brain cells with a helmet next time 👍😂
Good to hear you got home safe and sound. Helmet etc next year for me(y)

May 13, 2014
Bury St. Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Thanks to John and everyone involved for a great few days. Its a YES to Swaffham from us. As mentioned John, I put a good word in for you while chatting to Eric and here's a photo of Allison helping out;)
IMG_1400[1].JPG

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have twice tried to email Eric at that address (It's probably me knowing my skills with a computer) but have not been able too, so please pass on all our appreciation when next you speak.

Take care and Thankyou! :clap2:
How about we all write a review? Then the world gets to know !

Screenshot 2022-06-06 12.11.26.png

Bevlar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Bavaria i600 A class
Exp
Since 2009
Posted one too

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I’ve not seen any pics from your bash,is there another thread I’ve missed?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I’ve not seen any pics from your bash,is there another thread I’ve missed?

It was on the Local Anglia TV News programme. Well done Larby!

Not just a pretty face is he? (although I suspect his carer probably sent the picture in?) :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back