The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Tam thinking about down on the left it could be the torsion spring gone weak,this could also lead to it pulling slightly to one side.i think once the tracking is done then a replacement spring,that’s what I would do.It could do with going to a proper Iveco dealership and getting this sorted for your peace of mind. Brian👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Tam thinking about down on the left it could be the torsion spring gone weak,this could also lead to it pulling slightly to one side.i think once the tracking is done then a replacement spring,that’s what I would do.It could do with going to a proper Iveco dealership and getting this sorted for your peace of mind. Brian👍
The torsion bars are adjustable... when I said it looks like it may sit down a little on the left it is hard to tell and if it does its minimal.

I'm just trying to rule out any other cause than simply tracking as I do think there should be some sign on the tyres by now if the tracking is out.

Screenshot_20241027_181411_Google.jpg

If I could just get some bugger to do the bloody tracking on it I'd stop bothering about it. But its one of those things that once its in your head it's there till its checked.

I don't mind paying £50 quid or so for peace of mind ....when it gets to £100+ for something I'm not sure needs done then it starts to hurt as I can buy a bit for £100

If I get no joy from this mobile guy on Monday I'm leaving it till I'm in Europe as I'm fed up with shitty service in the UK.

I'll just keep checking the tyres to see if any unusual wear and as long as I catch it early enough it won't cause too much issues.

I'm starting to wish I'd just left the original front tyres on though as I'd planned to change them all next year anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Tam already knows my views on his pulling to the left, perhaps he should get Lenny HB to have a drive of Tams van and see what Lenny thinks….🤔
I know it takes a while to drift garry but I have to put a fair bit pressure on the steering wheel to keep it driving straight.
The squeaking/rubbing of the steering wheel etc and the fact it sits at 11 o'clock is the more annoying part.

If not tracked it will be interesting to see if it still pulls when in France and driving on the right hand side

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I know it takes a while to drift garry but I have to put a fair bit pressure on the steering wheel to keep it driving straight.
The squeaking/rubbing of the steering wheel etc and the fact it sits at 11 o'clock is the more annoying part.

If not tracked it will be interesting to see if it still pulls when in France and driving on the right hand side

That’s a point…. It may disappear in France….🤔

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I can't access that thread for some reason.. what forum is it in?
Sorry Tam I'm away in the van and have a crap phone signal. This is a copy of the post.

We have just had our tracking done on our old 4 ton Hymer.

We had trouble finding anyone to do it for various reasons.

The mobile laser people said they couldn't do it because of something to do with the bodywork.

We had it done over a pit by these people 5 mins from junction 39 of M1 near Wakefield. The tracking was miles out.

Lovely people in a large very well equipped Independent garage

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Sorry Tam I'm away in the van and have a crap phone signal. This is a copy of the post.

We have just had our tracking done on our old 4 ton Hymer.

We had trouble finding anyone to do it for various reasons.

The mobile laser people said they couldn't do it because of something to do with the bodywork.

We had it done over a pit by these people 5 mins from junction 39 of M1 near Wakefield. The tracking was miles out.

Lovely people in a large very well equipped Independent garage
Cheers .. a bit far from me at present though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The torsion bars are adjustable... when I said it looks like it may sit down a little on the left it is hard to tell and if it does its minimal.

I'm just trying to rule out any other cause than simply tracking as I do think there should be some sign on the tyres by now if the tracking is out.

View attachment 971104

If I could just get some bugger to do the bloody tracking on it I'd stop bothering about it. But its one of those things that once its in your head it's there till its checked.

I don't mind paying £50 quid or so for peace of mind ....when it gets to £100+ for something I'm not sure needs done then it starts to hurt as I can buy a bit for £100

If I get no joy from this mobile guy on Monday I'm leaving it till I'm in Europe as I'm fed up with shitty service in the UK.

I'll just keep checking the tyres to see if any unusual wear and as long as I catch it early enough it won't cause too much issues.

I'm starting to wish I'd just left the original front tyres on though as I'd planned to change them all next year anyway.

If the vehicle is sitting low on one side, from the diagram, it looks that you can tension the torsion bar by loosing the bolts on the banana shaped plate, jacking the chassis up to the required height and then retightening the bolts.
It might take a couple of attempts to get it right but it doesn't look that complicated? 🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
As for the steering wheel not at 12 you’ve got a socket to fix that..😆😉
Lol yeah and I've been tempted . But the fact it does pull and that wheel sitting at 11oclock does indicate something needing adjusted.

I'll give the steertrack mobile guy one more call tomorrow then thats it no more.

I know I had wheel alignment done on my hymer in South of France back in 2019 at a euromaster and I'm positive they did it on the floor . Had 2 new front tyres fitted there too.

So if it does the Same through France then that's a possibility.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
This is why it often feels like groundhog day lol

This is back in 2019 with the hymer In France

Brakes , tyres, wheel alignment issues

2020 I had brake issues , 2021 brake issues , 2022. ....yep brake issues , and 2023 lol

And I fitted new pads all round on the frankia the first year 2018.

That's why I'm trying to sort everything on this van to avoid having to do it in a carpark again this year. But I'm starting to think every van I buy has all the same issues lol.

Post in thread 'Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/tam-toby-do-europe-take-two.190060/post-3275096

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Cheers .. a bit far from me at present though.
That's your problem, never in one place long enough to get sorted
Lol yeah and I've been tempted . But the fact it does pull and that wheel sitting at 11oclock does indicate something needing adjusted.

I'll give the steertrack mobile guy one more call tomorrow then thats it no more.

I know I had wheel alignment done on my hymer in South of France back in 2019 at a euromaster and I'm positive they did it on the floor . Had 2 new front tyres fitted there too.

So if it does the Same through France then that's a possibility.
When in Spain look for Euromaster Ciudad del Transporte, they do trucks so hopefully will do tracking, we got a puncture repaired there're in Castellón. It's the transporte bit that indicates trucks.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95

Join us or log in to post a reply.