The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you asked on the forums if they know of places that can do it? Alternatively what about a classic commercial vehicle club?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm sure the van sits slightly down on the left hand side front .. which as I said before could indicate a weak front shock
I don’t think shocks effect how the van sits , that would be down to the springs.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido C55
Exp
Since 1999.
Tam already said doesn't have any springs. Torsion bar of which I have no knowledge or experience. Can they be adjusted? Do they wear out?
Torsion bars can usually be adjusted not a massive amount adjustment though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am thinking track rod ends adjust the tracking, should be slightly toe in, but the Tie Rods adjust the camber which is completely different to the tracking of a wheel/tyre alignment.
I bet the camber angle on these vehicles is hardly ever checked if at all, since leaving the factory.
As for the camber kit mentioned by the Aussie on that thread, who ever thought it was just Aus that had a camber on their roads, ideally every road will have a camber even slight to let the water run off.

LES

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I am thinking track rod ends adjust the tracking, should be slightly toe in, but the Tie Rods adjust the camber which is completely different to the tracking of a wheel/tyre alignment.
I bet the camber angle on these vehicles is hardly ever checked if at all, since leaving the factory.
As for the camber kit mentioned by the Aussie on that thread, who ever thought it was just Aus that had a camber on their roads, ideally every road will have a camber even slight to let the water run off.

LES
As Australia drive on the same side of the road as we, or they did when I lived there, PERHAPS British driven vehicles probably need the same camber kit? 🤔

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Knackered torsion bar?
Wouldn't surprise me as its been sitting around unmoved for years.

Do they behave differently to springs in that respect or would you expect springs that have not been exercised to be knackered too?

Ian

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I don't think it has a knackered torsion bar . However there is a chance the ball joint on the rhs has been changed before and the lhs hasn't. Which means it may not have been adjusted correctly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back