The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
This post here will fill a lot of the CV in.
Yes but I dinnae Ken hoo tae dae it lol

And none of it is really helpful to a warden job I don't think .

I've looked at the templates but I can't see how to put the two together.

I'm a dinosaur with this stuff

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Easy to say lol. But I genuinely don't have a clue. How do you fit everything on 1 a4 sheet . I don't have any experience working on a campsite but it isn't rocket science really. Anyone who's had a house can cut grass , weed. Do general maintenance and clean can't they.

As I said I just don't know where to start

Big problem:

You have no experience of campsites....

:giggle:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am sure there are a few of us on here who could help with your CV. It is worth getting one together. As Outdoors Dad has said you have plenty of good working experience which show the same skills as you would need in any job. For references, use Lenny or Smiffy or Macellan, anyone you have personally met and “worked” with.
Don’t forget to mention your photography skills and love of animals and ease around animals. Your skills in keeping small machinery running and so on.
Your love of travel and making friends on the move is an advantage.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
When I first started teaching in further education I had a responsibility to enable our students to create CV's. 17 years later I don't have this role of CV building and so much has changed it overwhelms me also.
I would definitely seek help from friends to create a CV now.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I am sure there are a few of us on here who could help with your CV. It is worth getting one together. As Outdoors Dad has said you have plenty of good working experience which show the same skills as you would need in any job. For references, use Lenny or Smiffy or Macellan, anyone you have personally met and “worked” with.
Don’t forget to mention your photography skills and love of animals and ease around animals. Your skills in keeping small machinery running and so on.
Your love of travel and making friends on the move is an advantage.
If someone could that would be great.

I can give any information via pm if someone has the knowledge of how to put it together

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I worked for havelock Europe, they were a large shopfitting company. I was one of 4 picking and despatch team leading supervisors , I was hands on so while I was in charge of 8 fulltime and usually 5/7 agency pickers ( they picked and packed the various components) I also picked ,packed and dispatched items myself. I was also one of 4 fire marshal's, first aiders and held the licences for various height working machinery, ie cherrypickers. Scissor lifts and both counterbalance and reach truck forklifts . A little bit of computing work but mostly on their own stock control software etc.
Prior to that I've done a bit of everything. Mechanics, valeting, welder, powder coater, fabricator, saw operator etc. Basically I did any job that paid the bills and changed jobs when I could get a pay increase for them.

This post here will fill a lot of the CV in.
Or just put into narrative format with approximate dates. Definitely add in the van maintenance as that shows you can turn your hand to anything.

You don't need a PhD to be a campsite warden.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Whatever you do don't tell them you don't like people.
Could be a major problem for you having to work with the general public.
Yes that's my worry and why I'd prefer a smaller campsite and preferably doing mostly maintenance work away from the general public.. but I gotta take what I can get as I do need a job next spring . I get on with most folk to be honest bit I do seem to be a magnet for idiots and those are what drive me nuts

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I've tried sending this off to a few vacancies . Can't hurt I guess

I'm male single aged 51, I've been around caravan and motorhomes approx 34 years. I've lived and travelled fulltime in my motorhome the last 7 years usually in the UK April to October and in Europe November to March. I have no previous campsite warden experience but I have worked several roles over the years and developed a wide range of skills. I'm very hands on , good DIY and maintenance skills, I can apply myself to any position and I work well as part of a team but equally well on my own, I have basic computer skills. My last role I was team leader for a large manufacturing company where I led a team of 8 fulltime 7 part time employees in a warehouse environment.

Previous employment ive worked as a, mechanic, valeter, welder, fabricator, painter etc. Ive a full clean c1 driving licence. I have driven various machinery including forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, lawn tractor and small tractors, gardening ,grass cutting etc i have done maintaining my own properties. I also have 34 years experience around caravans and motorhomes mostly maintaining my own

I can work well as part of a team and equally well on my own and I have my own motorhome for accommodation.

Following a lifestyle change in 2017 i became a fulltime motorhome dweller to enjoy a better work/life balance i enjoy travel ,photography and exploring new places .

Thank you for taking the time to read this .

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Your forgot to mention all of your many linguistic skills, from Donegal to Redruth and every accent in between!
That's bound to come in handy on a UK campsite...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Your forgot to mention all of your many linguistic skills, from Donegal to Redruth and every accent in between!
That's bound to come in handy on a UK campsite...
Thars raght Iv coarse paaalll.
Bit a reckun thons better erd in purson

I'd make visitors from anywhere feel right at home..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023

I'm male single aged 51, I've been around caravan and motorhomes approx 34 years. I've lived and travelled fulltime in my motorhome the last 7 years usually in the UK April to October and in Europe November to March. I have no previous campsite warden experience but I have worked several roles over the years and developed a wide range of skills. I'm very hands on , good DIY and maintenance skills, I can apply myself to any position and I work well as part of a team but equally well on my own, I have basic computer skills. My last role I was team leader for a large manufacturing company where I led a team of 8 fulltime 7 part time employees in a warehouse environment.

Previous employment ive worked as a, mechanic, valeter, welder, fabricator, painter etc. Ive a full clean c1 driving licence. I have driven various machinery including forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, lawn tractor and small tractors, gardening ,grass cutting etc i have done maintaining my own properties. I also have 34 years experience around caravans and motorhomes mostly maintaining my own

I can work well as part of a team and equally well on my own and I have my own motorhome for accommodation.

Following a lifestyle change in 2017 i became a fulltime motorhome dweller to enjoy a better work/life balance i enjoy travel ,photography and exploring new places .

Exactly what is needed. Don’t forget your dogs - well behaved dogs. Hope you added your mobile number too

Carol

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

I think it is important to distinguish yourself from a scruffy van dweller so I see no harm in adding a photo of your beautiful MH and a smiley one of yourself, tidily dressed not a vest top. Someone looking for maintenance work would be impressed by the look of your neat, clean and tidy MHs.
Also ask Smiffy and Lenny etc for references and say that personal references can be provided.
A little more personal information could be provided such as reason for some life changes, giving up travel to care for your Mum, being on the road again since her passing.
Did you gained any qualifications as a mechanic?
You could also reference your online life showing that a large number and varied types of people, are your followers.
Prioritise speaking about your working interactions with the public in your delivery jobs. You don’t have to get on with people just show that you know how to be polite and do the job required.
Reliability and commitment is a big thing to demonstrate so try and think of examples.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Just put your text into ChatGDP and it came up with this. Hope it helps!

Curriculum Vitae

Personal Information

• Name: [Your Name]
  • Date of Birth: [Your Date of Birth]
  • Marital Status: Single
  • Nationality: [Your Nationality]
  • Contact Information: [Your Contact Details]

---

I am a hardworking and hands-on individual with over 34 years of experience around caravans and motorhomes. For the past seven years, I have lived and traveled full-time in my motorhome, primarily within the UK from April to October and across Europe from November to March. My work history spans multiple roles, providing me with a broad skill set, including team leadership, DIY, maintenance, and machinery operation. I am adaptable and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Although I have no formal campsite warden experience, my background and practical skills equip me well for such roles.

---

Skills
  • Over 34 years of experience with caravans and motorhomes
  • Excellent DIY and general maintenance skills
  • Team leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
  • Proficient in basic computer tasks
  • Operation of machinery such as forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, lawn tractors, and small tractors
  • Hands-on experience in mechanics, welding, fabricating, painting, and vehicle valeting
  • Grass cutting, gardening, and property maintenance
  • Full, clean C1 driving licence
  • Strong work ethic, adaptable, and able to work independently or within a team

---

Professional Experience

Team Leader – [Company Name]
Dates of Employment: [Insert Dates]
  • Managed a team of 8 full-time and 7 part-time employees in a warehouse environment.
  • Oversaw day-to-day operations, ensured productivity, and maintained high standards of safety and efficiency.
  • Responsible for coordinating tasks, delegating work, and ensuring smooth workflow.

Mechanic, Valeter, Welder, Fabricator, Painter
Various Roles – [List Companies or “Freelance”]
  • Extensive experience in mechanics, maintaining, and repairing vehicles.
  • Valeting vehicles to a high standard.
  • Welding, fabricating, and painting in various industrial and automotive settings.

---

Additional Experience
  • Travel and motorhome experience across the UK and Europe, maintaining personal vehicles and equipment.
  • Gardening and property maintenance, including grass cutting and landscaping.

---

Education and Certifications
  • [Insert relevant education, qualifications, or certifications here, if applicable.]
  • Full Clean C1 Driving Licence

---

Interests
  • Travel and exploration
  • Photography
  • Outdoor activities

---

References
Available upon request.

---

This format presents your skills, experience, and lifestyle in a clear, professional manner, emphasizing your adaptability, practical skills, and relevant experience.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Exactly what is needed. Don’t forget your dogs - well behaved dogs. Hope you added your mobile number too

Carol
Ah well I wouldn't say they were well behaved . Blu is a feckin riot at times.

Jade milo and ela were mostly well behaved before I rescued this nutter but she's led them all astray

I'm hoping she's calmed down a good bit by the time I'm back in UK next spring

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
A personal reference would probably be better than any company reference.
I do believe that companies have to be very careful what personal information they pass on these days.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I do believe that companies have to be very careful what personal information they pass on these days.
Unfortunately when we are asked to give a reference we just confirm what the job was and when they worked for us. Nothing else.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Yes I never really thought about personal references. I doubt an employer would be able to achieve any work based references for me now. I have a printed reference from my last employer but it doesn't say much and they are now out of business.

I still have all my certificates for forklifts, first aid , fire Marshall etc which could only help show I'm at least responsible.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Just put your text into ChatGDP and it came up with this. Hope it helps!

Curriculum Vitae

Personal Information

• Name: [Your Name]
  • Date of Birth: [Your Date of Birth]
  • Marital Status: Single
  • Nationality: [Your Nationality]
  • Contact Information: [Your Contact Details]

---

I am a hardworking and hands-on individual with over 34 years of experience around caravans and motorhomes. For the past seven years, I have lived and traveled full-time in my motorhome, primarily within the UK from April to October and across Europe from November to March. My work history spans multiple roles, providing me with a broad skill set, including team leadership, DIY, maintenance, and machinery operation. I am adaptable and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Although I have no formal campsite warden experience, my background and practical skills equip me well for such roles.

---

Skills
  • Over 34 years of experience with caravans and motorhomes
  • Excellent DIY and general maintenance skills
  • Team leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
  • Proficient in basic computer tasks
  • Operation of machinery such as forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, lawn tractors, and small tractors
  • Hands-on experience in mechanics, welding, fabricating, painting, and vehicle valeting
  • Grass cutting, gardening, and property maintenance
  • Full, clean C1 driving licence
  • Strong work ethic, adaptable, and able to work independently or within a team

---

Professional Experience

Team Leader – [Company Name]

Dates of Employment: [Insert Dates]
  • Managed a team of 8 full-time and 7 part-time employees in a warehouse environment.
  • Oversaw day-to-day operations, ensured productivity, and maintained high standards of safety and efficiency.
  • Responsible for coordinating tasks, delegating work, and ensuring smooth workflow.

Mechanic, Valeter, Welder, Fabricator, Painter
Various Roles – [List Companies or “Freelance”]
  • Extensive experience in mechanics, maintaining, and repairing vehicles.
  • Valeting vehicles to a high standard.
  • Welding, fabricating, and painting in various industrial and automotive settings.

---

Additional Experience
  • Travel and motorhome experience across the UK and Europe, maintaining personal vehicles and equipment.
  • Gardening and property maintenance, including grass cutting and landscaping.

---

Education and Certifications
  • [Insert relevant education, qualifications, or certifications here, if applicable.]
  • Full Clean C1 Driving Licence

---

Interests
  • Travel and exploration
  • Photography
  • Outdoor activities

---

References
Available upon request.

---

This format presents your skills, experience, and lifestyle in a clear, professional manner, emphasizing your adaptability, practical skills, and relevant experience.
Your a star mate ✨

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

Don’t repeat what you have already said, I.e , 34 years and happy to work in a team or as an individual. 😉

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Unfortunately when we are asked to give a reference we just confirm what the job was and when they worked for us. Nothing else.
Yes that's all I have from my previous employer really.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back