The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Tonight's stop

20241018_143832_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20241018_143838_copy_1500x1200.jpg
20241018_163409_copy_1456x1080.jpg
20241018_163349_copy_1350x1104.jpg
20241018_162827_copy_1382x1091.jpg
20241018_162020_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20241018_160359_copy_1353x1096.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Attention Smiffy……..run for the hills. 😂
If your near Derby tomorrow, your not far from Nottingham.
Give these guys a ring
Evolution Diagnostics and Tuning Ltd
I had my little 595 Abarth remapped there this week.
Very friendly and professional service.
I know they do do deisels as well as petrol.
Explain the size of your van because it is a unit along side other units. Lots of room to park before you pull in to their unit
Explain your obd port . See what they say they are a good outfit.
Also about a mile away there is a road where lots of motorhomes overnight.
It's in-between nottingham racecourse and Colwick park ( by the river trent),lots of room to walk the Dags 👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got a hammer & chisel, mole grips & pliers, should be able to do it at a reasonable rate. 🤣
Nah, you'll still be too expensive ... I'd do it for nowt as I like to use my power tools especially the large cordless drill I got in France with a 90 degree attachment which would fit nicely in his gob! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Thought I'd found me next job there , elderly lady small campsite owner n Worcester

looking for a general maintenance warden. Cutting grass. Weeding etc etc , £12 an hour and a static caravan to live in . But she wants me fulltime all year round , last warden been there 6 years but leaving in November.

Had a lovely chat on the phone with her but sadly its no good for me as I still want to travel

But she said her son has 2 parks aswell and he's looking for someone seasonal so she's going to pass on my number.

Lots of vacancies just now for next year but all want a cv and I don't have one .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thought I'd found me next job there , elderly lady small campsite owner n Worcester

looking for a general maintenance warden. Cutting grass. Weeding etc etc , £12 an hour and a static caravan to live in . But she wants me fulltime all year round , last warden been there 6 years but leaving in November.

Had a lovely chat on the phone with her but sadly its no good for me as I still want to travel

But she said her son has 2 parks aswell and he's looking for someone seasonal so she's going to pass on my number.

Lots of vacancies just now for next year but all want a cv and I don't have one .
Are you sure you don’t have a cv? Everyone has a cv - it’s your life history, obviously majoring on work, employment etc.

I could understand if you said you could not get references.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Are you sure you don’t have a cv? Everyone has a cv - it’s your life history, obviously majoring on work, employment etc.

I could understand if you said you could not get references.
Well what I mean is I don't have one that I can email etc. I haven't worked a job I needed one for since I left my warehouse supervisor position in 2017. And I worked there for 12 years so 19 years since I applied for a job lol.
Since 2017 I've only done casual self employed delivery work which required no interviews application etc ..I was head hunted for most of those.

I can't provide references as every proper company I've worked for is no longer in business.

So I don't know where to start to be honest

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It's easy to knock up a CV, there are templates online.
Easy to say lol. But I genuinely don't have a clue. How do you fit everything on 1 a4 sheet . I don't have any experience working on a campsite but it isn't rocket science really. Anyone who's had a house can cut grass , weed. Do general maintenance and clean can't they.

As I said I just don't know where to start

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Well what I mean is I don't have one that I can email etc. I haven't worked a job I needed one for since I left my warehouse supervisor position in 2017. And I worked there for 12 years so 19 years since I applied for a job lol.
Since 2017 I've only done casual self employed delivery work which required no interviews application etc ..I was head hunted for most of those.

I can't provide references as every proper company I've worked for is no longer in business.

You was self employed since 2017, have traveled extensive etc, a cv is nothing more than a list of what you have done. Most are full of bull to make them sound better.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000

Sorry double post, this crappy internet lol

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Easy to say lol. But I genuinely don't have a clue. How do you fit everything on 1 a4 sheet . I don't have any experience working on a campsite but it isn't rocket science really. Anyone who's had a house can cut grass , weed. Do general maintenance and clean can't they.

As I said I just don't know where to start

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Warehouse Supervisor for 12 years is a great endorsement and a great topic for your cv. What sort of warehouse, where, how many staff did you supervise? What did the job entail etc?
I worked for havelock Europe, they were a large shopfitting company. I was one of 4 picking and despatch team leading supervisors , I was hands on so while I was in charge of 8 fulltime and usually 5/7 agency pickers ( they picked and packed the various components) I also picked ,packed and dispatched items myself. I was also one of 4 fire marshal's, first aiders and held the licences for various height working machinery, ie cherrypickers. Scissor lifts and both counterbalance and reach truck forklifts . A little bit of computing work but mostly on their own stock control software etc.
Prior to that I've done a bit of everything. Mechanics, valeting, welder, powder coater, fabricator, saw operator etc. Basically I did any job that paid the bills and changed jobs when I could get a pay increase for them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
I worked for havelock Europe, they were a large shopfitting company. I was one of 4 picking and despatch team leading supervisors , I was hands on so while I was in charge of 8 fulltime and usually 5/7 agency pickers ( they picked and packed the various components) I also picked ,packed and dispatched items myself. I was also one of 4 fire marshal's, first aiders and held the licences for various height working machinery, ie cherrypickers. Scissor lifts and both counterbalance and reach truck forklifts . A little bit of computing work but mostly on their own stock control software etc.
Prior to that I've done a bit of everything. Mechanics, valeting, welder, powder coater, fabricator, saw operator etc. Basically I did any job that paid the bills and changed jobs when I could get a pay increase for them.
This post here will fill a lot of the CV in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back