The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
fridge is cold, everything else in fridge is fine but it's not very cold at the bottom.
Have you checked the door seal, cold air drops to the lowest point so the bottom of the fridge should be cold.
Doesn't make sense if the top of the fridge is colder than the bottom.
Get a digital thermometer in there and take some accurate readings

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Have you checked the door seal, cold air drops to the lowest point so the bottom of the fridge should be cold.
Doesn't make sense if the top of the fridge is colder than the bottom.
Get a digital thermometer in there and take some accurate readings
The fins are at the top .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The fins are at the top .
And the air will flow down them. This is why the fins are at the top of the fridge, it is an attempt to even the temperature gradiant. But the bottom of the fridge should still be the coldest place unless there is a fun stirring things up.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Over the past few weeks I have been in contact with a Bank, a Water Company, Social Services and others. I keep hearing them all use the term "Thank You for reaching out to us" is getting on my nerves, but reading it on Tams E Bay is worse somehow, it just made me blow a fuse!
Where has this expression come from? is it sales/marketing Parley? its used so often nowadays by so many at the moment it almost makes their conversation sound insincere!:mad:
Here's another....you would have thought hearing this expression so often, by so many, that I would have "Gotten" used to it!:swear:
LES
Mostly all imported from the States, sadly. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
And the air will flow down them. This is why the fins are at the top of the fridge, it is an attempt to even the temperature gradiant. But the bottom of the fridge should still be the coldest place unless there is a fun stirring things up.
Well what can I say the seal is perfect no sign of damage and the door seems to be a tight fit but the top is definitely colder than the bottom.

Reactions: DBK

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
20241012_131539_copy_600x1066_1.jpg

One of three heffalump strays getting everybody's way in the various queues.
Allegedly, the ones with ear tags have been neutered & vaccinated on the State's dime. The cats get the same but are ear notched.
Saw plenty of cat food bowls about the place (and plenty of cats)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well what can I say the seal is perfect no sign of damage and the door seems to be a tight fit but the top is definitely colder than the bottom.
That's weird. I've found the doors are almost always the warmest bits but usually that's down to having too much stuff in the fridge, which interrupts the circulation of air.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
With the fridge Tam the 8505 should work fine in UK temperatures when it gets hot they can struggle to keep the beer cold.

Did you clean the chimney before fitting it and the other thing to do is replace the paste behind the fins.

Once it's working properly we can look at fans & controllers.
I renewed the paste and cleaned the flue several times, was still crap.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That's weird. I've found the doors are almost always the warmest bits but usually that's down to having too much stuff in the fridge, which interrupts the circulation of air.
Not that much in the fridge either . Mostly cheese and cherry tomatoes , 4 cans of cider.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back