The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
It's not. The one that was reading 22v is the car/starter battery ...the other is the leisure battery.

I think when confused the control panel goes haywire.
It was the one on the right at 24v that was confusing me, under leisure?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It lives.....it lives

And it powers the vans 240v electrics.. microwave on , sockets on .

20241006_165752.jpg
20241006_165755.jpg

Good stuff. So can rebuild it back In to the unit once the new insulation etc arrives and get it back on the van..

Luvvly jubbly....well chuffed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Nice one.👍 What was it that fixed it in the end.
Petrol leak , blocked carb jet .. just not been used for a while .

Runs sweet now though . So tomorrow we get some new proper fuel hose and a quality spark plug and fit those. New sound deadening foam in the cabinet and put it all back together. The oil in it looks brand new. Need to do a small repair on the exhaust silencer but otherwise it's all good. Be handy for heating my porridge in the microwave 🤣 might buy an airfryer now lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It was the one on the right at 24v that was confusing me, under leisure?
That's 24 amp...going from leisure to starter.

But as I said it was all wrong . The panel seems to go haywire if something isn't right it'll tell you there's no water , no gas etc etc.

It all appears to stem from this wiring I've connected the TV to so disconnected that and I'll run a new feed direct from the fuse box for TV.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The genny was the last thing to fix, there is the aircon but it does look knackerd and it’s something that tam feels he doesn’t need…

I sometimes think that Tam still hasn’t got my humour as when the genny started and ran I said right that’s the last thing fixed now you can feck off…😆😂 I felt he took it a little seriously…😎🤪😉 poor Scott’s lad…😏

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Does your roof air con work with the genny or did you remove it, ive lost track with your 2 week (month) renovation :p
As Just smiffy said I think the aircon is knackered. There is no life from it whatsoever and there's no 240v fuses so I'm assuming it's been disconnected. There are 2 x 240v cables under the wardrobe that I've no idea what they are .. maybe they were joined at one point and supplied the aircon. No idea but it isn't something I'm too concerned about. Had it worked it would have been a welcome bonus but not willing to spend money on it. Will leave it alone for now but may remove it next year .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If there's that much sun why do you keep paying for EHU to charge your batteries 🤣🤣🤣
Cause he keeps running loads of electric stuff off his batteries now.

I'm confused why folk fit lithium so you don't have to worry about power but then use so much you then have to worry about power again lol.

I'm happy to use my gas appliances and know I've got plenty power in reserve should I need it

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Cause he keeps running loads of electric stuff off his batteries now.

I'm confused why folk fit lithium so you don't have to worry about power but then use so much you then have to worry about power again lol.

I'm happy to use my gas appliances and know I've got plenty power in reserve should I need it
You could have got Garry to have done a proper job and modified the generator to run on gas. :rolleyes: :unsure: :cool::ROFLMAO:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
What's the gist of the genny. Is it there as a back up or solely for the 240v sockets in the van? Does it fire up with a switch in the habitation area or do you need to go out to start it? Where does it get it's fuel from?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
What's the gist of the genny. Is it there as a back up or solely for the 240v sockets in the van? Does it fire up with a switch in the habitation area or do you need to go out to start it? Where does it get it's fuel from?
It's there as a back up .. it powers all 240v in the van.. control panel inside the van so no need to go out. And the van has a built in 20L petrol tank for the generator.

£4k worth of kit so I'm quite glad it works.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Where's the fun in that. 🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back