The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Whilst taking up 3-4 spaces on a small aire !
Obviously first come first served but it is exasperating turning up at an aire and capacity has been halved because of monster motors . Some of them even have trailers !
Ah well that's life.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It lives.....it lives

And it powers the vans 240v electrics.. microwave on , sockets on .

View attachment 961478View attachment 961479

Good stuff. So can rebuild it back In to the unit once the new insulation etc arrives and get it back on the van..

Luvvly jubbly....well chuffed

Great to see it working
Had it worked it would have been a welcome bonus but not willing to spend money on it. Will leave it alone for now but may remove it next year .
Is it a standard 40x40cm opening?
I wonder how much doc is worth now you've got it all up to speck?!?! I reckon more than what it's cost you.
I was just looking at a 2001 on Mobile.de at 41,500€https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...466c-64fd-7a5c-10a6-2dbb822ba02a&vc=Motorhome

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Great to see it working

Is it a standard 40x40cm opening?

I was just looking at a 2001 on Mobile.de at 41,500€https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...466c-64fd-7a5c-10a6-2dbb822ba02a&vc=Motorhome
Yeah and that's no where near as nice as mine. Also fiat based so front wheel drive and less payload etc.

I think the fiat is 4.5 tonne

The iveco has the best payload etc out of the 3 chassis options.

Haven't seen another iveco one in the UK since I bought this so it's hard to compare

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
What’s on the agenda today Gary
We were planning to put generator back on the van today.

We fitted new fuel hose, spark plug etc today and I re soundproofed the cabinet but rain came on then and its likely to be on the rest of the day. Neither of us are keen to lie under the van in the rain so will have to wait till we get an hour or so of dry weather to get it back in.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We were planning to put generator back on the van today.

We fitted new fuel hose, spark plug etc today and I re soundproofed the cabinet but rain came on then and its likely to be on the rest of the day. Neither of us are keen to lie under the van in the rain so will have to wait till we get an hour or so of dry weather to get it back in.

Nice one Tam

I can imagine your (both) chuffed to bits now that all the jobs are getting sorted and there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

You’ve both done a cracking job btw, credit to you for getting stuck in and getting them all sorted 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Nice one Tam

I can imagine your (both) chuffed to bits now that all the jobs are getting sorted and there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

You’ve both done a cracking job btw, credit to you for getting stuck in and getting them all sorted 👍
Yes once the genny is refitted that's everything done. Well apart from a couple of little wiring jobs I've to finish off but can do them on the road. Planning to leave here Wednesday so hoping the rain gives us a break either later or tomorrow.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yes once the genny is refitted that's everything done. Well apart from a couple of little wiring jobs I've to finish off but can do them on the road. Planning to leave here Wednesday so hoping the rain gives us a break either later or tomorrow.

Good stuff 👍

what’s yr planned route when you’ve crossed or is that for another thread

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Nice one Tam

I need a holiday now…😆 back is hurting a bit today…🤔 tams bad back is contagious…😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I might buy an awning and a 3kw electric heater i can leave in it all day . That should cover it.
We went on an ACSI site near Berchesgarden in Southern Germany. The very nice owner warned us that only 4kw per day included in price and any usage over that would be charged. We were there 2 nights and used less than 4 kw in total.
He said that he now warned people as a Swedish MH had clocked up 80 euros in electric charges on a 1 night stay. He said the MH was so steamed up inside, there was condensation running down the inside of the windows like a greenhouse.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We went on an ACSI site near Berchesgarden in Southern Germany. The very nice owner warned us that only 4kw per day included in price and any usage over that would be charged. We were there 2 nights and used less than 4 kw in total.
He said that he now warned people as a Swedish MH had clocked up 80 euros in electric charges on a 1 night stay. He said the MH was so steamed up inside, there was condensation running down the inside of the windows like a greenhouse.

You know the Swedish like their saunas….😆😎

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Haven't seen another iveco one in the UK since I bought this so it's hard to compare
Just smiffy has. ;)

An interesting price on that 2001 Fiat model gus-lopez Richard linked to.

Great to see the genny working as it should. I used to think it was noisy, on the very few occasions we used ours, but most other folks reckoned it was quiet. A genuine Honda motor. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You need some roller wheels.
Nah, he'll be using it as an 'excuse' to get full air now so he can lift his bum up! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back