The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (116 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is there a rubber seal outside up against the moving window? I seem to remember that ours had shrunk a bit where it met the vertical black bar and needed a bit of black sikaflex in the corner, yes it's just a vertical brush seal on the forward edge, could it be a bit cruddy under the sliding window runner stopping any water running into the first channel so it's going over into the second/inside one.
Yes you're correct there's a rubber seal there and a bit missing so I may have to put a bit sealant on that see If it helps .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
20240925_095224_copy_1612x1209.jpg
As said availble at any plumbers.get a new one ,add fitting on the left which will be thread to a barb connector, clamp hose with two bits thin wood & mole grips & remove valve in that shut position & change it live.
I have to put a bit tissue in the corner to soak it up
That isn't "a bit" that isn't even a "speck" .tear an old T shirt in half & shove that along it for now until you drill/cut another slot to allow it back to the other channel
That's a previous owners attempt at solving the problem ..because the water coming down inside channel has nowhere to go unfortunately
as above
Those ball valves are available any plumbers merchants/ hydraulics not worth fiddling with .
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Yes it's definitely the engine side the valve is on . I've taken a couple of photos now. There's a wee screw on the top of the valve and it's a little loose and the water seems to come from under that valve. I'll try tightening it a little .. ( when rain stops and I can get my tools 🤣🤣) View attachment 955283View attachment 955284View attachment 955286

The window is a confusing one. There's 2 channels inside and the water seems to come down the inside one more which makes it harder to get to the drain holes 🤔
I have to put a bit tissue in the corner to soak it up otherwise it comes over the edge and you can see from last photo it's done that before while it's been parked up as its stained the wall under window a little.

I'm not parked perfectly level which won't help but I'll need to find a way of stopping that View attachment 955288View attachment 955289View attachment 955290View attachment 955291
Had the same problem with the Alde valve on our Dethleffs if I remember correctly the ends it screws into are tapered threads and if it's been over tightened it cracks the valve ours had a hairline crack and took ages to suss out .

Jul 3, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki Sport
Exp
Still learning Since 2015
Re your ball valve. The screw on top only holds the plastic handle in place, I don’t think there will be a gland nut under handle. Just smiffy idea may work but they start to leak they don’t get any better. As has also been said they are easy to over tighten and crack the body.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Are you running your Alde heating on gas Tam. And can you run it off your battery setup or do you have to be on hook up to run it on electric.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
There's a wee screw on the top of the valve and it's a little loose and the water seems to come from under that valve. I'll try tightening it a little .. ( when rain stops and I can get my tools 🤣🤣) View attachment 955283View attachment 955284
That wee screw just fixes the plastic handle to the valve, you'll not cure the leak by tightening it up. I would suggest the valve itself needs repalacing.

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
i would leave the ball valve well alone if you start turning it could make it worse there is no gland under the black handle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I haven’t even looked at this valve yet, I’m sure we’ll get it fixed….👍🏼

I think he just makes up these jobs so he doesn’t have to leave, he’s on about buying plants now and I hope he don’t put them in my artificial grass… I’m sure I’ll go out there one day and he’ll have a little picket fence around the van with a post box, even my postie man has a daily chat with him now….😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back