The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (91 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looking good. Are you still on hook up or just using your solar now.
Haven't been on hookup now since Thursday. Been on the lithium battery since Friday lunchtime. Had no charging going in from Friday to Monday and I'd only used 25ah šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reconnected solar yesterday for 2 hours then disconnected it again till we had everything wired and fused today. .

Everything connected up now and all seems to be working as it should.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Haven't been on hookup now since Thursday. Been on the lithium battery since Friday lunchtime. Had no charging going in from Friday to Monday and I'd only used 25ah šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reconnected solar yesterday for 2 hours then disconnected it again till we had everything wired and fused today. .

Everything connected up now and all seems to be working as it should.

Told you you should have got a couple of gelsā€¦.šŸ˜†

While we were sitting there doing the electrics we must have gone through most accents arguing with each otherā€¦šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dont know how I'm going to cope with just this 300ah battery šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Screenshot_20240924_183528_Fogstar Drift.jpg
Screenshot_20240924_234439_Fogstar Drift.jpg
Screenshot_20240925_090926_Fogstar Drift.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK so obviously not using the heating etc yet , daytime I use nowt really and from dusk till dawn I think I'd struggle to use 15/20 amps without heating on .

Will see how it goes overtime of course and I've plenty space to fit a second battery later if I should require one over a particularly bad winter . But I think I'll be OK.

So

Next jobs will be getting the rear wheels off to check rear brakes , clean up wheels etc including the spare.

And the generator.

Weather is shite the next few days though so it won't be happening in that.

I'm doing a few wee jobs inside...Still making a house a home as it speaks.

I have 2 little problems inside , hopefully nowt serious. I spotted a wee fluid leak from the valve that opens and closes the heat exchanger last night.. not a major leak but any fluid leak is never good. It may need tightening up

And I've a leak in the bottom of my sliding cab window ...it may be designed to do this as there are drain holes . But in heavy rain the water comes quicker than it drains and the drain holes are clear as I cleaned them all out last week .

Not big issues but nevertheless they need attended to

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Now I, who knows nothing about lithium, would be worried because, the last picture appears to be saying,it will take 8.10 hrs to restore the piddling little bit of power you have used! šŸ˜„
If you saw the weather youd see why lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK so obviously not using the heating etc yet , daytime I use nowt really and from dusk till dawn I think I'd struggle to use 15/20 amps without heating on .

Will see how it goes overtime of course and I've plenty space to fit a second battery later if I should require one over a particularly bad winter . But I think I'll be OK.

So

Next jobs will be getting the rear wheels off to check rear brakes , clean up wheels etc including the spare.

And the generator.

Weather is shite the next few days though so it won't be happening in that.

I'm doing a few wee jobs inside...Still making a house a home as it speaks.

I have 2 little problems inside , hopefully nowt serious. I spotted a wee fluid leak from the valve that opens and closes the heat exchanger last night.. not a major leak but any fluid leak is never good. It may need tightening up

And I've a leak in the bottom of my sliding cab window ...it may be designed to do this as there are drain holes . But in heavy rain the water comes quicker than it drains and the drain holes are clear as I cleaned them all out last week .

Not big issues but nevertheless they need attended to
The heat exchanger valve will be on the engine side so that is the one to keep an eye on level wise, I don't know if they can be adjusted or it is a replacement job, as for the windows? yes water does come in but should be able to drain away faster than it gets in of course, might be worth a look at the seals on the outside of the sliding window.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The heat exchanger valve will be on the engine side so that is the one to keep an eye on level wise, I don't know if they can be adjusted or it is a replacement job, as for the windows? yes water does come in but should be able to drain away faster than it gets in of course, might be worth a look at the seals on the outside of the sliding window.
Yes it's definitely the engine side the valve is on . I've taken a couple of photos now. There's a wee screw on the top of the valve and it's a little loose and the water seems to come from under that valve. I'll try tightening it a little .. ( when rain stops and I can get my tools šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)
20240925_095215_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240925_095217_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240925_095224_copy_1612x1209.jpg

The window is a confusing one. There's 2 channels inside and the water seems to come down the inside one more which makes it harder to get to the drain holes šŸ¤”
I have to put a bit tissue in the corner to soak it up otherwise it comes over the edge and you can see from last photo it's done that before while it's been parked up as its stained the wall under window a little.

I'm not parked perfectly level which won't help but I'll need to find a way of stopping that
20240925_094739_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240925_094733_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240925_094201_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240925_094946_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I wonder if the position itā€™s parked in ,is the cause wind blowing in through the vent holes? PS are the covers on the other side still? Iā€™ve answered myosin question looked at the first pictures and yes the covers are on.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Tam, whyā€™s there a gap in the ā€œwallā€ between the outer channel and the inner one? Is that where the water is draining through?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just change you parking orientation - down at the front and a slight lean to that side. Sorted!
I'm down at the front now.

My concern is I'm not always perfectly level when I'm out and about either.

I need to find a fix of some description.
Someone has made a small groove cutout before between the two channels. I'll have to put another one of those closer to the corner I think or fit something along the inside so it doesn't come over the edge .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
To stop water running off the roof I bought these channels because if I had the window open it would soak mešŸ‘View attachment 955307
Yes there's a channel right above that window to cut down a lot of the rain ...it would be worse if it didn't have it.

I have to say that is a lovely looking van you have Brian. The silver really sets it off

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, whyā€™s there a gap in the ā€œwallā€ between the outer channel and the inner one? Is that where the water is draining through?
That's a previous owners attempt at solving the problem ..because the water coming down inside channel has nowhere to go unfortunately

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Ah, I canā€™t see why/how water is getting to the inner channel. I thought the gap was letting water get from the outer to the inner. From what you say itā€™s an attempt to get the water from the inner channel to the outer.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah, I canā€™t see why/how water is getting to the inner channel. I thought the gap was letting water get from the outer to the inner. From what you say itā€™s an attempt to get the water from the inner channel to the outer.
The water seems to come in from underneath the sliding part of the window .. there's like a felt seal on the outside which was covered in moss/green slime from being parked up for years. I cleaned all that the other week but no way to stop it getting wet when raining.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The water seems to come in from underneath the sliding part of the window .. there's like a felt seal on the outside which was covered in moss/green slime from being parked up for years. I cleaned all that the other week but no way to stop it getting wet when raining.
Is there a rubber seal outside up against the moving window? I seem to remember that ours had shrunk a bit where it met the vertical black bar and needed a bit of black sikaflex in the corner, yes it's just a vertical brush seal on the forward edge, could it be a bit cruddy under the sliding window runner stopping any water running into the first channel so it's going over into the second/inside one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back