The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (75 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I just bought an e sim online

I will see if I can find a link.

I found it cheaper and far easier than trying to buy one locally
OK thanks... unfortunately my phone doesn't accept e-sims.

Not to worry.
I'll either get a local sim or,
rely on hotel WiFi, or
take a mobile phone break.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think it is time Just smiffy recognised for being an extra special funster Jim. I am not forgetting Lenny HB s and @Macellan s efforts on dear departed Moby but Gary, you have been a true gentleman and friend.
Yeah I second that.

Not just me he's helped out but many others too.

A wee lifetime membership widdnae go a miss šŸ˜‰ Jim

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK thanks... unfortunately my phone doesn't accept e-sims.

Not to worry.
I'll either get a local sim or,
rely on hotel WiFi, or
take a mobile phone break.
I tried to buy a tourist sim but they make it really complicated. Have to take passport etc etc and it was nearly Ā£30 they quoted me so I opted for the esim as it was instant

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think it is time Just smiffy recognised for being an extra special funster Jim. I am not forgetting Lenny HB s and @Macellan s efforts on dear departed Moby but Gary, you have been a true gentleman and friend.

Yeah I second that.

Not just me he's helped out but many others too.

A wee lifetime membership widdnae go a miss šŸ˜‰ Jim[/USER just
[/QUOTE]

Thank you but Iā€™m just doing what anyone else would do for a friend and funster, there are far more deserving people on hereā€¦šŸ»

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Donā€™t forget the Brazilianā€¦.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Ž
I wouldn't have done Garry, had I known she was going with you. ;)

Five Nations Grand Moroccan Tour.

But I've already ordered the 5 pin non closing relay now
It's a normally closed relay Tam, opening and breaking the circuit when it gets an electrical signal. (y)

Cheers.

Jock. :)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
If itā€™s any use Tam, I followed Pausim ā€˜s instructions and circuit diagram on post #24 in this thread when I fitted my B2B with a NC relay.

Itā€™s worked like a charm ever since.

Good luck.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Its the Square Sausage and Haggis, Black Pudding, White Pudding from the butchers in Troon I miss the most, plus at least 4 proper morning rolls with the semolina flour dusting on top. Nearly forgot!....Thin cut round Ayrshire bacon sizzling in the pan.
The Haggis from Stornoway is over rated, and over priced IMHO,I always buy a whole unsliced Black Pudding to bring back to England when I visit family up there, plus a sack of Ayrshire Potatoes if in season.
Nom Nom Eating GIF by Laff

LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If itā€™s any use Tam, I followed Pausim ā€˜s instructions and circuit diagram on post #24 in this thread when I fitted my B2B with a NC relay.

Itā€™s worked like a charm ever since.

Good luck.
I have the full installation instructions from a post done by offgrid solutions. As its on their website its easier to follow without all the tooing and throwing

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
i hear you Just smiffy but there really isnā€™t, you my friend are a rockstar and an inspirationšŸ‘šŸ‘
If you've heard him sing he's no rockstar lol .. think fingernails and blackboard unlike my silky smooth vocals šŸ˜šŸ¤£

But he is an inspiration.

But stop blowing smoke up his arse as if his head gets too big he won't fit in my side locker and he's got wiring to finish lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The wiring looks simple according to this
Screenshot_20240923_064613_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have just one question

Actually 2 questions. I don't have busbars ... so does the negative go to - on battery instead?

And the one that goes to 12v lifepo in ...does that go inline or on to the 12v battery in on the distribution board ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have just one question

Actually 2 questions. I don't have busbars ... so does the negative go to - on battery instead?

And the one that goes to 12v lifepo in ...does that go inline or on to the 12v battery in on the distribution board ?
RogerIvy and nigelivy?

Jock.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
View attachment 954031

I have just one question

You can connect it to the battery negative. Or to any negative, itā€™s very low current as itā€™s only used to activate the coil in the relay. If you have a shunt best to connect it to the system terminal - although the current draw is so small.

For the pos we usually try to connect it to the battery +, but any decent leisure + will do really. Sometimes itā€™s not really required and sometimes itā€™s used for the fridge when youā€™re driving - depends on your electrics. If it will power your fridge then make sure the source can carry 15a-ish

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
Its the Square Sausage and Haggis, Black Pudding, White Pudding from the butchers in Troon I miss the most, plus at least 4 proper morning rolls with the semolina flour dusting on top. Nearly forgot!....Thin cut round Ayrshire bacon sizzling in the pan.
The Haggis from Stornoway is over rated, and over priced IMHO,I always buy a whole unsliced Black Pudding to bring back to England when I visit family up there, plus a sack of Ayrshire Potatoes if in season.
Nom Nom Eating GIF by Laff

LES
When we used to visit gran in Glasgow we used to stock up with a sweet, I think they were called butter drops. Itā€™s knocking on 60 years since I last bought them so may have name wrong. They were the size and shape of mint imperials but were a golden yellow colour. Couldnā€™t get them back down in England

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Tam post up the link to the relay you have ordered.

Do you just want to stop the hab electrical control system which includes the split charge relay sending a charge to the hab battery when the engine is running ???????

Is there only 1 wire connecting the hab electrics/controller to the hab battery ???????

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Tam post up the link to the relay you have ordered.

Do you just want to stop the hab electrical control system which includes the split charge relay sending a charge to the hab battery when the engine is running ???????

Is there only 1 wire connecting the hab electrics/controller to the hab battery ???????
The picture he put up earlier just looks like a standard relay or am I missing something? šŸ¤”

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
View attachment 954031

I have just one question

Really clear instructions. šŸ‘

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I just hope Tam can find a local D+ on The CBE Board, its not always easy to find as there are so many models used over the years.
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
L' Hobo at least 3 very common types of relay.
3 pin Normally open
3 pin Normally closed
5 pin switching.
And then there's the amperage that they need to support.
I bought the one from amazon from the link supplied on this post from roger ivy at offgrid solutions.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hit post by mistake.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all U want to do is stop the hab electronics sending any charge to the hab battery when the engine is running.

The hab electronics needs to do whatever it does currently including running the fridge on 12v while the engine is running.

The split charge relay wherever it is in your hab electronics ( either as an actual relay or inside the control box) needs to work to run the fridge.

Unless you box of electronics has 2 independent split charge systems (unlikely but possible on a high end van - I don't know) then removing power between engine battery and hab electronics will mean no fridge power when driving.

I can't see how the solution in the article overcomes this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back