The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (86 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Really????
You’ve never met suavecarve then?? He makes tam look like Viv Nicholson🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
That's not fair.

I had to pay for 3 CCP s on this trip (because my solar didn't arrive in time)

I bought her an e-bike and today she used it for 50 kms to save on the 11 euros aire at Avignon. She wanted one well she can use it. 😏

We may have to pay for another CCP as now down to 200 amps but trying to work on a cunning plan to reduce that cost.

I even took her out to lunch today, sitting like hobos outside the opera house with our dirty kebab. Even the pigeons didn't get the crumbs after.

Tam does better than me in the tight fisted stakes or economizing as we like to make it sound acceptable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
That's not fair.

I had to pay for 3 CCP s on this trip (because my solar didn't arrive in time)

I bought her an e-bike and today she used it for 50 kms to save on the 11 euros aire at Avignon. She wanted one well she can use it. 😏

We may have to pay for another CCP as now down to 200 amps but trying to work on a cunning plan to reduce that cost.

I even took her out to lunch today, sitting like hobos outside the opera house with our dirty kebab. Even the pigeons didn't get the crumbs after.

Tam does better than me in the tight fisted stakes or economizing as we like to make it sound acceptable
Blummin Eck Jon, you need to start a crowdfunding page!! Steady thi‘sen down🤣🤣🤣🤣

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Just a thought but as the van has been standing for a long time could it be the dreaded diesel bug.
Common on boats and gives the same symptoms Tam has ?

It could be, especially after standing 12yrs if it had 'green' fuel in it, should be evident in the fuel filter when he changed it though? 🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just a thought but as the van has been standing for a long time could it be the dreaded diesel bug.
Common on boats and gives the same symptoms Tam has ?
It could be, especially after standing 12yrs if it had 'green' fuel in it, should be evident in the fuel filter when he changed it though? 🤔
I think it's unlikely. As we've said before the van starts first turn of key it idles smooth purrs like a kitten .. it drives fine around town with zero issues. Its had lots of fuel cleaner pumped through it now. It only has issues when it's under labour , hill climbing etc .

Of it was just down to dirty or contaminated fuel id expect it to be sluggish to start and be rough all the time.

Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
I think it's unlikely. As we've said before the van starts first turn of key it idles smooth purrs like a kitten .. it drives fine around town with zero issues. Its had lots of fuel cleaner pumped through it now. It only has issues when it's under labour , hill climbing etc .

Of it was just down to dirty or contaminated fuel id expect it to be sluggish to start and be rough all the time.
I'm not saying it is diesel bug and hope that it isn't but diesel bug can give your exact symptoms.
My boat would start OK, tick over OK and would get to a certain speed OK but try and put it under proper load and it would lose power. It gradually gets worse if not treated.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm not saying it is diesel bug and hope that it isn't but diesel bug can give your exact symptoms.
My boat would start OK, tick over OK and would get to a certain speed OK but try and put it under proper load and it would lose power. It gradually gets worse if not treated.
I'm just going on the symptoms listed online for diesel bug . I have very few of those

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ere it's a braw bricht moonlit nicht the nicht

20240918_200654_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Just smiffy

20240918_200712_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Not so, the 'slime' (can't think what else to call it), restricts the flow.
I have never experienced it BUT a fellow Coach Operator had to drain his coach tank and change his filter 3 times before he got back a reliable vehicle.
This was on a 2009 Volvo Coach so hope it doesn't apply too you.
Good luck but it's worth considering? 👍

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's something I've considered.

But I've no idea how much folk would pay to have a motorhome washed and polished up etc . And I doubt I'd get enough to make a living out of.
I have had mine done occasionally. Around £270 for the outside only 8m van. Only a few hours work and travel expenses extra.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not so, the 'slime' (can't think what else to call it), restricts the flow.
I have never experienced it BUT a fellow Coach Operator had to drain his coach tank and change his filter 3 times before he got back a reliable vehicle.
This was on a 2009 Volvo Coach so hope it doesn't apply too you.
Good luck but it's worth considering? 👍
Well I'm sure when I change the filters there will be signs .

Aug 25, 2022
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer car
Exp
25 years
Let's not get in to a big debate about regional or country slagging .

I know uncle Lenny HB the soft southern plonker was just being a smart arse. I've told him before he just pretends to be skint and thrifty .. the man's loaded don't you believe any different, so he can't understand an unemployed, unretired thrifty scot recycling old parts that are perfectly serviceable and more importantly available right now than having to wait for a new one of substandard quality to be delivered.

The scrapyard provided a genuine iveco part in good condition for £5 . I could have ordered a cheap make new part for £35 but I'd have had to wait a few days for it to arrive. And it may or may not be any benefit . I may well have to replace several parts before I find the actual cause of the problem . Who knows

But either way I'm certain he wasn't being racist in any way he was just making humour .

But I can see how JockandRita might be offended.
It does get tiring sometimes

Twice today I've had folk ( euro carparts and oppie oils ) hold my money up to the light then wander off to get second or third opinions of whether to accept it or not . These things wear you down after a while . I'm fortunately quite thick skinned and I give as good as I get lol.

Scots aren't tight were just thrifty lol

Now feckin Yorkshire men ...they're tight lol
Yorkshire and proud of it being cautious with money is bred into us especially being a farmers son.
Chasnam

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know uncle @Lenny HB the soft southern plonker was just being a smart arse. I've told him before he just pretends to be skint and thrifty ..
Oy, watch it you there is a load of your stuff at my place, I might take it down to the charity shop.
And why is there a flipping Scottish fiver in my wallet, only one place it could have come from.

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Looking at the photo of the after cooler hose that could be your issue, when you inject more fuel to the engine under load your boost will need to increase accordingly if it doesn’t the ecu will put up a fault and the engine will suffer from lack of power, it would not black smoke either as the ecu will reduce the fuel delivery vicious circle I’m afraid🤔😁😁

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I'm feckin knackered , Just smiffy has sat on his arse all day ....while I've been grafting . 😁🤣🤣 .

Joking aside my arms are hanging off.

Here's some photos.

The things you've to do to get a short arse on a roof View attachment 950386View attachment 950387View attachment 950388

Panel went up easier than I thought . View attachment 950389View attachment 950390View attachment 950391

1 cup of tea and Just smiffy desperate for a pee ...so needs must he pees in a bottle on the roof lol View attachment 950392View attachment 950393

Bit of a moving back n forth fiasco to mark out ,sand ,clean and glue up the roof but went smoothly View attachment 950394View attachment 950395View attachment 950396View attachment 950397View attachment 950398View attachment 950399View attachment 950400

While he was up there garry cleaned off the old mastic tape seal along the front .

Bugger of a Job he said . New seal all done
View attachment 950401View attachment 950402View attachment 950403

Meanwhile I polished and waxed doc's Arse ..... ooer matron. View attachment 950404View attachment 950405View attachment 950406View attachment 950407

And I made a start along one side ...I've done from the rear to the hab door . You can really see the difference in this photo View attachment 950409

View attachment 950408View attachment 950410

Stopped for the night as my arms are sore. The polisher is great but it gets heavy after a while
Proper job...

Cheers🍻

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I cannot believe the amount of traffic on this thread. It's been up less than three weeks with an average of over 100 posts a day. Tam certainly has a 'following'.
Nah he hasn't ... but the dogs have! :giggle:

Now feckin Yorkshire men ...they're tight lol
You think so? You need to meet more Yorkshire women! 😄

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Looking at the photo of the after cooler hose that could be your issue, when you inject more fuel to the engine under load your boost will need to increase accordingly if it doesn’t the ecu will put up a fault and the engine will suffer from lack of power, it would not black smoke either as the ecu will reduce the fuel delivery vicious circle I’m afraid🤔😁😁

Would a 20 yr old vehicle have an ECU?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back