The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (124 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Touched a bit of a nerve there then Jock.
Racial stereotypes are a thing of humour and not to be taken seriously.
Like Yorkshire people with deep pockets and relatively short arms, the Welsh and sheep and people from this area being known as cabbage cutters.
Lighten up don't take things so seriously.
Yes Berni, like thick Irish and sheep shagging Welsh. It becomes very tiresome after a while. :(

Jock.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Only on the fiat ducato Richard. The wastegate on the iveco is nothing like it unfortunately. So you can't do the spanner trick. I had to constantly free the one off on the euramobil . The iveco turbo etc is twice the size of the fiat . It's a big mither
Silly question really BUT, as someone said earlier about the air filter being bunged up with muck.
Have you tried running it without one to see if there was any improvement? 🤔

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
Touched a bit of a nerve there then Jock.
Racial stereotypes are a thing of humour and not to be taken seriously.
Like Yorkshire people with deep pockets and relatively short arms, the Welsh and sheep and people from this area being known as cabbage cutters.
Aye - Have to say Lenny HB gets his fair share of ‘ribbing’ over the threads as well.
We don’t need to even go into inter- rational stereotypes either as there’s a fair bit of regional p##s taking in Scotland to contend with also😜.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Silly question really BUT, as someone said earlier about the air filter being bunged up with muck.
Have you tried running it without one to see if there was any improvement? 🤔
It runs fine though till it hits a hill under load . So I doubt we'd see any difference without taking it out for a drive.

And I can't do that till I've changed brake pads , tightened all the wheels etc and secured the battery , controllers, scooter etc etc etc.

I wasn't ready for engine work yet lol.

Just smiffy overly keen 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Let's not get in to a big debate about regional or country slagging .

I know uncle Lenny HB the soft southern plonker was just being a smart arse. I've told him before he just pretends to be skint and thrifty .. the man's loaded don't you believe any different, so he can't understand an unemployed, unretired thrifty scot recycling old parts that are perfectly serviceable and more importantly available right now than having to wait for a new one of substandard quality to be delivered.

The scrapyard provided a genuine iveco part in good condition for £5 . I could have ordered a cheap make new part for £35 but I'd have had to wait a few days for it to arrive. And it may or may not be any benefit . I may well have to replace several parts before I find the actual cause of the problem . Who knows

But either way I'm certain he wasn't being racist in any way he was just making humour .

But I can see how JockandRita might be offended.
It does get tiring sometimes

Twice today I've had folk ( euro carparts and oppie oils ) hold my money up to the light then wander off to get second or third opinions of whether to accept it or not . These things wear you down after a while . I'm fortunately quite thick skinned and I give as good as I get lol.

Scots aren't tight were just thrifty lol

Now feckin Yorkshire men ...they're tight lol

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If not I'll video on my spare turbo & send to Tam on wassap.
I sent some over
20240918_130431_copy_1209x1612.jpg
It is amazing how quickly that Cornish air & being so close to the coast makes the metal parts go rusty:laughing:
Even that oil filters been in the sea:doh:
is that belt supposed to be a 'make'? it is chinese made? never seen one made there?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I sent some over

It is amazing how quickly that Cornish air & being so close to the coast makes the metal parts go rusty:laughing:

is that belt supposed to be a 'make'? it is chinese made? never seen one made there?
Yeah it's a dayco belt if you Google that part number . But yes it's made in prc=people's Republic of China. Like most stuff nowadays sadly

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I sent some over

I got the videos Richard but the ivevo turbo isn't like that . It's hard to take clear photos of it from above and the angle but I'll get some from underneath or through the chassis tomorrow when I've got the wheel off again

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Tam you doing the right thing with the filters etc, I along with just about everyone else inc yourself suspect the servicing aint to scratch so start with a clean slate.
That little chassis mounted filter will be full of crap as it wont have been done for years.
We once had an issue on a london cab we had, filter had a jelly growth in it from crap fuel, ran ok round doors but wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding on the hills.

No work on the genny today?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam you doing the right thing with the filters etc, I along with just about everyone else inc yourself suspect the servicing aint to scratch so start with a clean slate.
That little chassis mounted filter will be full of crap as it wont have been done for years.
We once had an issue on a london cab we had, filter had a jelly growth in it from crap fuel, ran ok round doors but wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding on the hills.

No work on the genny today?
Yes I'd planned to replace every filter and the oil regardless even if it had been serviced last October as I'll be doing miles with it and don't want any issues. I doubt it's Had any services done in the last 12 years. I get the impression the old guy that owned it and stored it all that time maybe didn't love it as much as Gareth made out . Going by all the botched Jobs on it underneath etc. But it'll be a different van in no time.

No time to do anything on genny today . Jumping back and forth between several things at present . But will get there . To be honest the genny bolts are a bit rusty so the longer they have to soak In wd40 the better. Will get to that at some point.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
With the Genny,it's going to be like the fridge. Everybody checking in on the thread to see .
Will it ,won't it work .😁. It's compulsive viewing👍
I think it will go with a good carb clean and a new plug . But will see .

It turns over fine ..it just don't fire

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Oi, I resemble that remark :rofl: :rofl:
I can confirm that WESTY66 is an embarrassment to Yorkshire people 😁😁he collected me from the dealer when I took my van up and took me to the hotel then collected me and took me for an Indian meal with his lovely wife😁😁he then paid the bill and would not accept anything😳😳😳😳I think it was on the local news channel later that night😁😁😁😁😁

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I can confirm that WESTY66 is an embarrassment to Yorkshire people 😁😁he collected me from the dealer when I took my van up and took me to the hotel then collected me and took me for an Indian meal with his lovely wife😁😁he then paid the bill and would not accept anything😳😳😳😳I think it was on the local news channel later that night😁😁😁😁😁
Tam knows I’m not tight really😉😁😁

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Next time he leaves they should take his "Yorkshire Passport" off him and not let him back.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Tam might have thought your post funny Lenny, but I didn't. :mad: You've clearly not met many Scots in your lifetime, nor been a recipient of their generosity, so please keep your snide and racist comments to yourself. Thank you.

Yeh your right us Scot’s ain’t miserable we’re just crabit 😉

Well apart fa tam I ain’t ever seen anybody that tight lol

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

There's some strange people about, you can't trust anyone anymore. As you say, a complete embarrassment to Yorkshire! 😁

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes I know he's a good sort . He did me a very good favour earlier in the year viewing a van for me and taking lots of photos etc and ultimately saving me a fortune. He refused to take a penny from me for time and fuel.

So I was just winding him up 😁

Copper wire was invented by a Yorkshire man and a Scot fighting over a 2 pence piece

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95