The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (148 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
16mm says its good for 110amp and I'm only going to be running the b2b at 30amp . Looking at the inlets the b2b doesn't have big enough plugs for 25mm anyway .
The cable rating is a bit irellavent its the volt drop over the cable that is important, the longer the cable the bigger it needs to be. 16mm2 would have been OK for 2m.

You use these.
1726602952585.png

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The cable rating is a bit irellavent its the volt drop over the cable that is important, the longer the cable the bigger it needs to be. 16mm2 would have been OK for 2m.

You use these.
View attachment 951420
Well too late noo😁.. Just smiffy is running 16mm on his xs50amp that he was supplied by ofgs his leisure batteries are further from his starter battery than mine.

Will see how it goes.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I cannot believe the amount of traffic on this thread. It's been up less than three weeks with an average of over 100 posts a day. Tam certainly has a 'following'.
I don't know myself as I don't know how to check but someone told me it was the second busiest thread on fun lol. Only beaten by the good morning thread 🤷‍♂️

Must be a lot of bored people lol. 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Everybody knows I know sod all about electrics.

So I go by what others tell me.

Just smiffy van is 6 metres. His starter battery and leisure battery are at opposite ends , he bought his xs50amp controller from off grid and they supplied him with 16mm square cable . So as mine is 4/4.5 metres I assumed 16mm would do mine. Especially as I won't be running the b2b at the 50amp limit I'll be reducing it to 30amp.

Everybody kens by now that leccy ain't my strong point , I can add lights , sockets blah blah blah but volts , currents, amps etc etc are completely lost on me.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Must be a lot of bored people lol. 🤣🤣
I most certainly can’t keep up!

By the time I’ve read the posts since my last visit I am already anothe 20 posts behind 😂😂

So I’ve taken to looking at any new pictures 🙄🤣 and reading the last page.

👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I phoned oppie oils this morning at 08.45 to ask where my bleeding headlights were as I found them on ebay last night from various sellers actually cheaper than I paid oppie oils and I'd have had them within 48 hours ..

So I'm going through all the order number ,postcode details etc with one guy on phone when my phone starts taking another incoming call .....from....oppie oils lol.

Voicemail message from another bod at oppie oils ...headlights now there arrived yesterday 😕

Told him I'm a bit disappointed at their delay and that I could buy them from ebay including oppie oils themselves for less than he's charged me

So he says he'll sort that when I collect them this morning.

Feckers ...lol

Hoping my brake pads arrive today too.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Saw this on a 2014 Carthago ad and thought something along those lines for your roof light to cover the staining
View attachment 951554
Yes there's one like that on ebay for £43

But I've removed most of the staining thankfully. Not sure I need any more lights 🤣

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I cannot believe the amount of traffic on this thread. It's been up less than three weeks with an average of over 100 posts a day. Tam certainly has a 'following'.
Careful Tam, this could get out of hand :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I’m going to have a look at this engine today especially the turbo gubbings to see what this red light is, I don’t think it’s anything bad as it drives great except when the light comes on… we shall see..🤔
My money (rightly or wrongly), is on a lack of turbo boost pressure Garry, or certainly something associated with that or fuel related perhaps, especially if only showing up on an uphill incline.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My money (rightly or wrongly), is on a lack of turbo boost pressure Garry, or certainly something associated with that or fuel related perhaps, especially if only showing up on an uphill incline.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

I found the red/orange hose to the turbo has a cut in it and could be leaking but not sure, we will try to get a replacement, I can see the actuator on the turbo but I can’t reach it but will try from underneath behind to see (having lunch) if I can move it at all… does anyone know how it moves..?

Air filter is old and was full of crap

Everything else looks fine…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back