The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (61 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Not taken the wheels off yet. When I discovered the dodgy wheel the priority became finding a replacement. I'll take my wheels off tomorrow. Check the discs , calipers ,pads etc and order up whatever parts I need . I'll get the tyres from my wheels transferred on to the replacement wheels the day after
Looking better and better, I hope your good fortunes continue when you turn your attention to the red light👍

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I've tried everything....its the weirdest assembly I've ever encountered lol
I must have got into ours as I re carpeted behind it but I can’t remember how, didn’t Jock JockandRita ssy he had changed the bulb in his?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Yep tried everything that's why i thought I'd ask incase there was some secret method.. I've even said open sesame just incase lol
Having just spent an extremely frustrating 24 hours fitting a replacement door seal on a Candy washing machine I think you will find the magic phrase is.....

Tap very gently with a small hammer 3 times and say very quietly.....

"Ifyoudontopennowyoueffingbarstewardillfeckingsmashyou"

Well it worked for me anyway 🙃

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I must have got into ours as I re carpeted behind it but I can’t remember how, didn’t Jock JockandRita ssy he had changed the bulb in his?
Yes I'm sure he did .

No sure how he did it though.

I'm also having trouble getting the fairy lights around the cupboards in bedroom and 2 spots to work .. switches do nothing and I can't find fuses for them anywhere. And I saw the fairy lights working when I first viewed the van

But I'm buggered if I can get them to work now

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes I'm sure he did .

No sure how he did it though.

I'm also having trouble getting the fairy lights around the cupboards in bedroom and 2 spots to work .. switches do nothing and I can't find fuses for them anywhere. And I saw the fairy lights working when I first viewed the van

But I'm buggered if I can get them to work now
Assuming you have tried switching them on😏, (the switch takes half a second or so to register) the manual will tell you where the fuse is🤔 possibly hiding in the corner of a cupboard as somewhere.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
The bit with the screw through it must be screwed to the recess first then light body clips over it.
Can you get a fine screwdriver or blade between the end cap and the plate?
If there’s enough hidden in the wooden surround you could trim away some of the end cap?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Assuming you have tried switching them on😏, (the switch takes half a second or so to register) the manual will tell you where the fuse is🤔 possibly hiding in the corner of a cupboard as somewhere.
Yeah tried pressing and holding fir ages ...have the Same switches for front ones which work no problem.

I've had all the cupboard bases out , searched everywhere for a fuse but can only find the fuse for the under cupboard light in the bedroom , can't find any others .

Just smiffy has looked too and he can't find them either.

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Having just spent an extremely frustrating 24 hours fitting a replacement door seal on a Candy washing machine I think you will find the magic phrase is.....

Tap very gently with a small hammer 3 times and say very quietly.....

"Ifyoudontopennowyoueffingbarstewardillfeckingsmashyou"

Well it worked for me anyway 🙃
😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For those concerned about my arms is they’ve been aching a lot lately because of all the getting under vans and climbing scaffolds recently…

And the only fisting I’m going to do is to the dogs for chewing my garden and bench to bits…. :boxing: :boxing:

But I’m always there to give Tam a hand when he needs one…🖐🏼🖐🏼
Just the one now though! 😄

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tomorrow I’ll get my Flair manual and see if I can find your switches and fuses for the bedroom because it seems to cover the later model to mine .slso the iveco Mercedes Fiat all the models I’ve even got the broucher for all of the,I look tomorrow 👍
It seems you have the book for mine and I have the book for yours as mine seems to be up to 2002 models and mostly fiat based .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK I've sorted the doglight ....technically I broke it first but I found out how it comes apart although there's no way you could do that without pulling it out the hole first. The front panel prises off . Of course once you have it off its easy to refit the light then put the front panel back on. But to remove it you need to break it again. But I've fitted the led bulb so shouldn't need to touch it again for a while

The other lights remain a mystery .

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
As you said in a post earlier this evening you have been very fortunate finding fridge etc down here just when you needed them. But six weeks!!! I had not realised you’d been doing it for 6 weeks. Seems like two - but then you’re not living with me and 4 dogs.

Are they getting their walks? No mention of them only seen them asleep on sofa. Drugged them!

Blu not been nibbling at anything on the Doc. Still no idea why you called it that. I prefer Moby2

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
As you said in a post earlier this evening you have been very fortunate finding fridge etc down here just when you needed them. But six weeks!!! I had not realised you’d been doing it for 6 weeks. Seems like two - but then you’re not living with me and 4 dogs.

Are they getting their walks? No mention of them only seen them asleep on sofa. Drugged them!

Blu not been nibbling at anything on the Doc. Still no idea why you called it that. I prefer Moby2
Reg number ends in DDL…Doctor Doolittle…

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
I have to lay across both front seats and use a mirror and a torch, just to see it, then blindly fumble about until I reach it.
Ah yes, remember that position with fond memories when in our courting days with Mrs Yoghurtpot
Such fun, especially in a MG Midget. 🤣

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
This is why Lenny HB is so quiet , I know his better half was finding the new van a bit cramped but didn’t think a new one would be forthcoming at this speed😱, see attached View attachment 947504arial drone shot from his new toy 😇
It's Thunderbird 2!

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
just nipping out for my £6 takeaway hot chocolate from my favourite cofffee shop in Montpellier Cheltenham
How ' flippin' much!!!
Mind you, paid £9.40 on Monday for small fish, chips, large peas and a sausage from the local chip oil so I can't comment . 🤣

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yep tried everything that's why i thought I'd ask incase there was some secret method.. I've even said open sesame just incase lol
You didn't give it a rub though did you! 😄

Blu not been nibbling at anything on the Doc.
I think Blu is enjoying trashing Smiffy's garden at present. :giggle:

Still no idea why you called it that. I prefer Moby2
Reg number ends in DDL…Doctor Doolittle…
I thought it was also because it had done little for a long time. Poor thing is gonna get a nasty shock to it's system once Tam starts travelling in it ... it'll be dreaming of going back to it's nice safe barn for a few more years.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’m just IMG_0198.jpeg starting to look the manual like the bible!IMG_0197.jpeg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Ah yes, remember that position with fond memories when in our courting days with Mrs Yoghurtpot
Such fun, especially in a MG Midget. 🤣

You lie, even when I was younger it was NO FUN in a MG Midget (are we allowed to call them that these days?) far more luxurious in the back of a Morris Minor Van! 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back