The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (86 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I can't find any way of getting it apart .. the end caps don't want to come off and the front panel doesn't come off either . Had to be In bits when they fitted it .. the screw is inside
Surely they wouldn't glue it together once the fixing screw is located. Or would they? Seems very strange, must be an interference fit, so will need prying apart. But where does one introduce the tool to pry it apart? Are there no signs of a slot for a screwdriver or similar?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm still a long way from having all th jobs on doc done but you have to admit I've been very lucky so far with it.

Baring in mind I'm in Cornwall, finding a second hand fridge just a few miles away was lucky....then finding one suitable pick up in the small local scrap yard that had the same wheels as doc was incredibly lucky as they're completely different from the vans and smaller pick ups.

I even managed to get the bit plastic trim that had been butchered to fit the old satnav .

And of course garrys invaluable help and knowledge of the area , I doubt I'd have been quite so lucky elsewhere..

It's just time really , it's amazing how many days you get through , it's strange to think I've been here nearly 6 weeks and I don't think Just smiffy has got sick of me yet lol.

I'm a little less stressed with the van now as I know it will all come good in the end.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
The ends come off?
The unit looks to be a tight fit in the recess so the ends cannot be removed without removing the unit first, but this can’t be done because of the screw into the wood behind! Does the “glass” window slide towards an end to reveal the bulb and the rear screw? This is the only way that I could see it working.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My useless suggestion is that you have to press hard on one side of the translucent bit and it will click up whilst the opposite side slides down.

It does look as if the light has been prised out previously though.

What is in the dimple at the end of the unit?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you’ve done very well considering the September weather and yes you been very lucky,we’re does that light illuminate is it the area in front of the settee?
It's the doglight for the bathroom. It's located in the step up to the bed. Not something I use often but I wanted to change the bulb

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No photos Tam? How is the situation behind the wheels? Found more work?
Not taken the wheels off yet. When I discovered the dodgy wheel the priority became finding a replacement. I'll take my wheels off tomorrow. Check the discs , calipers ,pads etc and order up whatever parts I need . I'll get the tyres from my wheels transferred on to the replacement wheels the day after

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My useless suggestion is that you have to press hard on one side of the translucent bit and it will click up whilst the opposite side slides down.

It does look as if the light has been prised out previously though.

What is in the dimple at the end of the unit?
It's just a dimple , I've tried prising off the ends but they are well attached and think I'd break them if I force it. Very strange how it's been screwed in though and then somehow assembled afterwards . I can't even screw it back in now

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And you will have tried twisting and squeezing the ends. Or pressing on the corners of the translucent panel.
Yep tried everything that's why i thought I'd ask incase there was some secret method.. I've even said open sesame just incase lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back