The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (26 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Go to work, come back home and there are 2 and a half pages of replies. Love this thread. Thank you Northernraider Just smiffy et al. Totally engrossed
Yeah took me 30 mins to get through. Worth a read

Tam, hopefully your stress levels are now down to a mere normal. Stop and think how much you with Gary’s help have achieved since you picked it up. It is looking far better it’s nice and clean and the bits that you have left to do except for the generator or just normal swapping out, I think.

Will you still be going to see uncle Lenny, HB

Don’t get too drunk on cider, especially, you still have work to do tomorrow.

Enjoy yourselves

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Right , lights are sorted . Every light now working .

In the end it was a very easy fix , something I'd already checked and thought it was OK

But I'm too embarrassed to tell ya lol . So I'm gonna have a cider and you lot can look at the pretty pictures of old vehicles I took on our dog walk .View attachment 947190View attachment 947191View attachment 947192

And remember boys and girls IF you check a fuse and think it's OK...try another fuse first before spending hours taking lights apart and tracing miles of cable , checking connection blocks etc etc etc .

It's nearly always something bloody simple .

I'm getting drunk
Not like you Tam. 🤭

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
This is why Lenny HB is so quiet , I know his better half was finding the new van a bit cramped but didn’t think a new one would be forthcoming at this speed😱, see attached
IMG_0012.jpeg
arial drone shot from his new toy 😇

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does lenny have a 25A b2b he has removed that you can have/buy?
Affraid not, it's in my mates van, Carthago had over tightened one of the terminals on his one and broke it. Waiting for a replacement will probably take for ever. Then going to use it to run the fridge so I don't lose 15amps from my current B2B.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I ordered the victron xs 50amp b2b this morning from ogps , £252 including delivery. And I've ordered my 410watt solar panel from cityplumbing in redruth £56 which we can go collect today when Mr Just smiffy gets out of bed. He's got right lazy since cintia arrived 😉😂😂😂. Then as it's a sunny day I'm going to take front wheels off and check out that vibration I'm getting on NS front . I suspect it needs new discs and pads.

So I'll be living on beans and toast now till moby is sold I think lol ..

Still got cables etc to order but need to measure and see what I need

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@Tam, hopefully your stress levels are now down to a mere normal. Stop and think how much you with Gary’s help have achieved since you picked it up. It is looking far better it’s nice and clean and the bits that you have left to do except for the generator or just normal swapping out, I think.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I ordered the victron xs 50amp b2b this morning from ogps , £252 including delivery. And I've ordered my 410watt solar panel from cityplumbing in redruth £56 which we can go collect today when Mr Just smiffy gets out of bed. He's got right lazy since cintia arrived 😉😂😂😂. Then as it's a sunny day I'm going to take front wheels off and check out that vibration I'm getting on NS front . I suspect it needs new discs and pads.

So I'll be living on beans and toast now till moby is sold I think lol ..

Still got cables etc to order but need to measure and see what I need
Been up since 7.30 I’m appreciating the peaceful morning…😆

Arm still hurting but will pick up your panel today and have a fiddle under ya Bonnet….😉

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know where the fuse is but it's OK. I've had every fuse out the fuse box checked them and refitted.
Instead of putting them back in the same place have you tried swapping them round, eg the one in the side that works in place of the one in the side that doesn't? We've had fuses that look ok prove to be bad and replacing them solved the issue.

Edit: just caught up with the rest of the thread since the post I quoted and discovered it was the fuse! 😄 Shame I didn't post about it 2 days ago as would have saved you a lot of hassle. Just goes to prove sometimes you need a female's brain on the job! 😄

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Arm still hurting but will pick up your panel today and have a fiddle under ya Bonnet….
What ya done to your 💪chuck?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's never ending with this van .

Took off the fancy shiny wheel trims.

Check oot the rims on this .
20240911_105924_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240911_105908_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240911_105913_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Fortunately the scrap yard round the corner has a few ivecos in the yard and £25 a rim . So will get 2 of those and have tyres swapped once I've cleaned up the rims and painted them

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Supposed to have had new tyres a couple of years ago, I would have though even the dumbest tyre fitter would have refused to fit tyres to those wheels.
Not supposed , it definitely had tyres fitted. One wheel ok but one is terrible. Buying 2 incase I find one of the rear ones the Same.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Supposed to have had new tyres a couple of years ago, I would have though even the dumbest tyre fitter would have refused to fit tyres to those wheels.
The tyre is marked 32/20, I would have thought the wheel was like that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back