The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Northernraider

Tam, can I be brutally honest, I don't think your a traditional campsite Warden material.

Having to bite your tongue to every person who thinks your his servant and should stay open another 10 or 20mins because he can't get there on time, while ignoring the fact you have been working ALL day, ain't you!😱

(Towards the end of my working life when I didn't care if I got return work from people I didn't like who came back constantly late at each destination.

I used to ask them, "IF they were catching a train or aircraft, would they expect IT to wait an extra 10-20mins? Of course not, so why a Coach that is time constricted by driving hours?)"

IF I was younger and in your position, I would become a mobile mechanic to the Funster World and only, initially, advertising vehicle service work. ( should other jobs crop up that you could and want to do, then that would be a bonus.)

Over time, you will find some Funsters with facilities,such as a barn, pit etc. that, in return for fee,( or looking after their vehicle) they would let you use on other work, so much the better especially if some were dotted over the country or, at least, centrally!
You could then choose when and how much you wanted to work.

For this advice, of course, I would expect all maintenance work on MY vehicle to be at a MUCH reduced price.😄

But if he did get a job as site warden it would make good reading every night from his comments of todays customers…😆🤣😂

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Considering that prior to 2 months ago Just smiffy and I had only met once for only a few hours back in 2018 ....6 years ago , i think we got on very well , of course he might have a different opinion lol but if so he never told me.

As someone who's aware that I'm not the easiest person to get along with I think that was quite an achievement.

I do think however he was glad to get rid of me when I left 🤣🤣
I think you know me by now that if I wanted to say something I would have, good or bad…😆😂🤣

But yes it was good to get rid of you but only so I could start doing my own stuff and tidy up the place..😉

I’m very sure we will be meeting up several times over winter in various countries and will continue to have a good laugh..😎

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
But if he did get a job as site warden it would make good reading every night from his comments of todays customers…😆🤣😂

Like these lol

IMG_6340.png

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I think you know me by now that if I wanted to say something I would have, good or bad…😆😂🤣

But yes it was good to get rid of you but only so I could start doing my own stuff and tidy up the place..😉

I’m very sure we will be meeting up several times over winter in various countries and will continue to have a good laugh..😎
When are you 2 boys heading over to Morocco? Might try to tie in with you's for the craic, 🙂 although I'll see you both out there either way

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Northernraider

Tam, can I be brutally honest, I don't think your a traditional campsite Warden material.

Having to bite your tongue to every person who thinks your his servant and should stay open another 10 or 20mins because he can't get there on time, while ignoring the fact you have been working ALL day, ain't you!😱

(Towards the end of my working life when I didn't care if I got return work from people I didn't like who came back constantly late at each destination.

I used to ask them, "IF they were catching a train or aircraft, would they expect IT to wait an extra 10-20mins? Of course not, so why a Coach that is time constricted by driving hours?)"

IF I was younger and in your position, I would become a mobile mechanic to the Funster World and only, initially, advertising vehicle service work. ( should other jobs crop up that you could and want to do, then that would be a bonus.)

Over time, you will find some Funsters with facilities,such as a barn, pit etc. that, in return for fee,( or looking after their vehicle) they would let you use on other work, so much the better especially if some were dotted over the country or, at least, centrally!
You could then choose when and how much you wanted to work.

For this advice, of course, I would expect all maintenance work on MY vehicle to be at a MUCH reduced price.😄
Tam instead of working for someone else why don't you do something for yourself. You seem to enjoy valeting easy setup not much outlay for kit plenty people would want it done you can please yourself what and where to take work on then travel the times you want, you might even get free parking for the night.
However, working on a site would give a permanent pitch for his MH so no daily looking around for places to park up. Access to services without hassle and maybe even the option to make a fenced area so the dogs are able to jump in and out of MH especially on ht days. That is a big problem when always on the road, you cannot leave a door open or let a dog out for a wee, always has to be on a lead before opening door and that is bad enough with one dog.
I think the advantages outweigh the odd obnoxious person. However probably best to avoid “family fun” sites 🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
When are you 2 boys heading over to Morocco? Might try to tie in with you's for the craic, 🙂 although I'll see you both out there either way

Early January I think Paul, Tam wants to see the three kings first. I think he’s only going over for around two months but I’m out for as long as I can get…🍻

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Early January I think Paul, Tam wants to see the three kings first. I think he’s only going over for around two months but I’m out for as long as I can get…🍻
No worries I think I'll be early January too not sure to have Christmas at my brothers house he lives close to Marbella or here at home as the rest of the family always want me to stay here for Christmas, but as I said we'll all meet up in Morocco regardless, everyone always knows where everyone else is when out there, it's like the jungle drums lol

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
No worries I think I'll be early January too not sure to have Christmas at my brothers house he lives close to Marbella or here at home as the rest of the family always want me to stay here for Christmas, but as I said we'll all meet up in Morocco regardless, everyone always knows where everyone else is when out there, it's like the jungle drums lol

It’s my first time over so it’ll be good to go with someone and it’s good for Tam as we will be able to help with the dogs as it a lot of hassle for him with all the checks apparently…🤔

But I will be staying on a few sites occasionally where tam doesn’t plus I would like to be in tafraoute for the almond festival hopefully… but all is not fixed and changeable….😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
However, working on a site would give a permanent pitch for his MH so no daily looking around for places to park up. Access to services without hassle and maybe even the option to make a fenced area so the dogs are able to jump in and out of MH especially on ht days. That is a big problem when always on the road, you cannot leave a door open or let a dog out for a wee, always has to be on a lead before opening door and that is bad enough with one dog.
I think the advantages outweigh the odd obnoxious person. However probably best to avoid “family fun” sites 🤣
I think Tam should organise a few rallies, see how he likes organising and dealing with 'public'? 😄

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
It’s my first time over so it’ll be good to go with someone and it’s good for Tam as we will be able to help with the dogs as it a lot of hassle for him with all the checks apparently…🤔

But I will be staying on a few sites occasionally where tam doesn’t plus I would like to be in tafraoute for the almond festival hopefully… but all is not fixed and changeable….😎
Yea I like the odd site here and there too, they're cheap as chips, yes the almond festival is good although Ramadan is late February and most of March this year so not sure what date the festival is on this year, hopefully before Ramadan kicks off and we also have Tams van painting festival in Tafroute as well it should be good! 🤣🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
So Tam, I have finally caught up and have time to respond, go for it, do not worry or mention the fact you have no campsite experience, nor have we, and hubby and I are now working on a lovely site in Northumberland. We only had old cv's from before covid as we had packed our jobs in and sold up. I was always office based and hubby ranged from management to self employment in the construction/building trade. We knew we needed some sort of job as living of saving was not viable, hubby could always get work but it was harder for me getting work to fit in with travelling. So we decided wardens role might just work but we worried about the fact we had no experience and out of date cv's. Last month we bit the bullet using mainly a site called UK CAMPSITE.co.uk and decided to apply for anything that didn't ask for experience. We added to our cv the truth about packing everything in and travelling. Next day message requesting an online chat/interview, within an hour a call asking if we would like to start, we decided to travel up to meet them properly and see the site, and here we are admittedly wrong time of year but they have given us the start we needed. So yes Tam you can do it, I know the cv is the worst part but you will get there you always do 💪

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
So Tam, I have finally caught up and have time to respond, go for it, do not worry or mention the fact you have no campsite experience, nor have we, and hubby and I are now working on a lovely site in Northumberland. We only had old cv's from before covid as we had packed our jobs in and sold up. I was always office based and hubby ranged from management to self employment in the construction/building trade. We knew we needed some sort of job as living of saving was not viable, hubby could always get work but it was harder for me getting work to fit in with travelling. So we decided wardens role might just work but we worried about the fact we had no experience and out of date cv's. Last month we bit the bullet using mainly a site called UK CAMPSITE.co.uk and decided to apply for anything that didn't ask for experience. We added to our cv the truth about packing everything in and travelling. Next day message requesting an online chat/interview, within an hour a call asking if we would like to start, we decided to travel up to meet them properly and see the site, and here we are admittedly wrong time of year but they have given us the start we needed. So yes Tam you can do it, I know the cv is the worst part but you will get there you always do 💪
Yes its UK campsite I've been using , biggest issue I have is most are looking for couples , but the ones that aren't and say no previous experience necessary I've been firing a message off too.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just arrived in Marlborough on the wessex downs , bloody horrendous weather on the drive down here.

Stopped at choppers cafe for lunch I was looking forward to burger n chips but typically they were just closing so I couldn't get me chips.

Had a lovely 1/4 pounder with cheese though.

My b2b hasn't worked again today , o currently have it set to come on with engine detection but that's obviously not working properly as my battery was at 264ah this morning and after 2.5 hours driving its now at 284ah

So I'm going to have to change that to a d1 signal instead. Bleeding annoying as crap weather so no solar yesterday or today.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
When we were looking for assistants, paid or otherwise, previous campsite experience was down the list. We preferred to train people to do the job the way we wanted it done and to our standards, rather than “oh we never had to that” or “did it this way” etc at our previous campsite. We looked for honest and hard working people who would give the best impression of our site and importantly people we thought we would like to work with.

Unfortunately, even if you are only doing cleaning and maintenance work public interaction is unavoidable especially on the size of site you are talking about.

One thing we would have jumped at is your mechanical and fixing experience, there is barely a day goes by without someone breaking something or machinery breaking itself.

The thing that would concern me is the dogs. An assistant with a single dog was common, but four dogs would have given me paws for thought.

Good luck with getting something sorted.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
It can work with the dogs. Early morning take them for a good run then drop them off feed them and leave them to sleep. Pop back at lunchtime and let them out again for a quick run. Then take them out at night after/before dinner. All you need at this time of year is a head torch(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
When we were looking for assistants, paid or otherwise, previous campsite experience was down the list. We preferred to train people to do the job the way we wanted it done and to our standards, rather than “oh we never had to that” or “did it this way” etc at our previous campsite. We looked for honest and hard working people who would give the best impression of our site and importantly people we thought we would like to work with.

Unfortunately, even if you are only doing cleaning and maintenance work public interaction is unavoidable especially on the size of site you are talking about.

One thing we would have jumped at is your mechanical and fixing experience, there is barely a day goes by without someone breaking something or machinery breaking itself.

The thing that would concern me is the dogs. An assistant with a single dog was common, but four dogs would have given me paws for thought.

Good luck with getting something sorted.
It can work with the dogs. Early morning take them for a good run then drop them off feed them and leave them to sleep. Pop back at lunchtime and let them out again for a quick run. Then take them out at night after/before dinner. All you need at this time of year is a head torch(y)
Yeah the dogs bar blu are used to me working, I tend to avoid the ones that state very long hours and 6 days a week etc . I've applied to a few that look for someone to do 5/6 hours a day with 2 days off. The dogs are happy to lie In the van and sleep . And as long as there's somewhere to walk them morning and afternoon then it shouldn't be a problem. At present I haven't mentioned the dogs on any I've applied to as it shouldn't really matter. Obviously the ones that state no dogs I've not bothered with.

I found one that was in hebrides thst sounded perfect but they stated no dogs so I binned that .

As said I would prefer the ones that are looking more for ground maintenance side of things than the reception work etc and that should hopefully have less contact with Joe public than taking bookings etc.

I'd also like to look in to possible farm labour work etc but no idea where to find that. See a lot of fruit picking jobs but many of them have these worker villages you live in etc and that's not for me.

I will just keep looking to see what comes up.. if I've not found anything by February then I'll start worrying lol.

Although as I've said before I ain't destitute so I'll work around whatever happens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back