The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Fresh milk £1.45 for 4 pints in most big supermarkets.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No, but there are plenty of other on-line options without going to the 'big two'.
But returning stuff can be hassle, with Amazon you take your return to the post office they pack it for you and your account is credited before you have left the shop.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Fresh milk £1.45 for 4 pints in most big supermarkets.
£2 in asda , £155 for 2 pints. I just bought one on Friday. I didn't want another bottle going off before its date so I opted for the 2 pints but felt ripped off paying more for less

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
But returning stuff can be hassle, with Amazon you take your return to the post office they pack it for you and your account is credited before you have left the shop.
9 times out of ten when I've had a problem with ebay stuff I've received a full refund and been told to keep the item. Its always been the cheaper stuff.

This alarm cost £13.50 , it was refunded the day before the bloody thing arrived as it was over a week late. Then before I could contact the seller ebay messaged me telling me they were removing them from sale.

Thing is if you Google myhome mydome smoke alarm there's quite a lot of reviews for those and other items from same company.

But it was obviously faulty.

I've found it now and sorted it
20241013_094039.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Mostly the price. In Europe I buy uht carton around €0.98 for 1 or under €6 for a pack of 6.

Here it's around £1.30 a carton and only 1 litre
Fresh milk is 4 pints for £2 or 2 pints for £1.55. So it makes sense to buy a 4 pint carton. I dislike shopping so I try to only do it once a week.

If I had an oven and grill lol I'd be having croissants or toast and wouldn't bother with milk at all.

But
The feckin fridge should be cold at the bottom lol.
If I had the space that you have, I would carry a ridge monkey for toasted sandwiches and one of those deeper double skillets for “oven” type cooking.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If I had the space that you have, I would carry a ridge monkey for toasted sandwiches and one of those deeper double skillets for “oven” type cooking.
Yes I'll need to sort something out as I'm missing my oven already. I can see me removing the microwave next year and fitting a smev.

And I may have to invest in a bigger inverter.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Can't beat a double skillet. Really regret giving mine to my daughter years ago especially as she decided she didn't want it and then just dumped it! Really annoyed about that.
Agreed, ie, a Double Skillet makes a great cooker top oven, with enough capacity for two people, it's very versatile, and is normally used on a low flame for most dishes. If used properly, it can even do you a Sunday Roast Tam. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Agreed, ie, a Double Skillet makes a great cooker top oven, with enough capacity for two people, it's very versatile, and is normally used on a low flame for most dishes. If used properly, it can even do you a Sunday Roast Tam. ;)

Cheers,

Aye but where do I get one

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes I'll need to sort something out as I'm missing my oven already. I can see me removing the microwave next year and fitting a smev.

And I may have to invest in a bigger inverter.
Another battery, bigger inverter and an air fryer. Anything you can cook in an oven you can do in an air fryer but I've not tried a souffle that might be a bit risky. Also found the induction hob brillant for outside as not affected by wind.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Another battery, bigger inverter and an air fryer. Anything you can cook in an oven you can do in an air fryer but I've not tried a souffle that might be a bit risky. Also found the induction hob brillant for outside as not affected by wind.

But then you have to visit sites and plug in…😆🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I ain't buying a second battery. It's never been below 280ah , 92% since I bought and installed it lol

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Aye but where do I get one
It says used but in great condition, and it comes in at half the price of a new one. ;)

Cheers,

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Tam your fridge I’ve put a new burner from Dometic they told me it is the latest version in Germany the fridge is now working OK -12 to -15 freezer +5 in the fridge I’ve put temp gauges in both.ref oven our smev is useless as an oven the casing doesn’t hold in the heat it’s only any good for plate warming.The air fryer oven 10 in 1or I think the later one would do you better it’s 1740 watts we haven’t got lithium still on 20 year old Gel Varna x4 80amp but will replace when funds allow👍
IMG_0208.png

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Something like this the 15 litre one

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Counter top oven - about £50 or less at Home Bargains - grill and oven - same size as a microwave but more useful

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Why not try a mini slow cooker via your invertor, only take the power of a lightbulb, just bung stuff in the morning, leave for a few hours, jobs a good un.

Pete

edit Langtoftlad types faster :giggle:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Go the other way... slow cooker.
Bung in whatever first thing, cooked by the time you arrive.

I got one especially for the van, some think it’s only for casseroles but you can put a chicken in it and by the end of the day it’s roasted, around 150w ….👍🏼

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I got one especially for the van, some think it’s only for casseroles but you can put a chicken in it and by the end of the day it’s roasted, around 150w ….👍🏼

We use a mini slow cooker, only 100w, she does a wicked thick pea and ham soup in it. (y)
Great for stews, mince & tatties, bolognese, curries, boiling ham/gammon joints, etc, etc, Tam. 👍

We popped ours in the MH sink with a gammon joint in it (but in a roasting bag, ie, no water), just before leaving Southport one year, and ran it off the 300w inverter.
By the time we arrived at Stratford upon Avon, the joint was cooked ready to dive into. ;)

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back