The reality of fulltiming at the moment. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This guy does some great videos. He is usually so full of fun and silliness. The Lockdown has brought out the idiots and it has pulled him down...

This is what he is currently having to deal with :(

Last edited:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
freeloading tosser, just leeching off the council taxpayers of the area he stays in, bet he doesn't pick the dogs sh*t up and if he does where does he dispose of it? where does he dispose of his waste? where does he dispose of his rubbish?
You don’t know any of that is true.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
freeloading tosser, just leeching off the council taxpayers of the area he stays in, bet he doesn't pick the dogs sh*t up and if he does where does he dispose of it? where does he dispose of his waste? where does he dispose of his rubbish?
Perhaps in a rubbish bin like anyone else can. Have you no compassion for someone struggling?

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006

Was this a serious post, or did you forget to chuck a smiley on the end or something?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
As I mentioned on another thread which was assigned to the belly locker threads, watching this makes even more angry seeing the way he has been ignored, treated by local authorities & police especially during Covid lock down, more or less saying get rid, you cant stay here, etc.

Yet a couple of weeks ago Gypsies cut down wooden bollards to gain access to our lovely local park/recreation ground , they assaulted a local that tried to stop them, 23 caravans& 30 vehicles moved onto the fields in one morning.
The police were alerted, they could do nothing, the welfare lot were alerted, and within an hour or two, every caravan was supplied with a portaloo & waste bin. Of course they announced that all had Covid Symptoms, dont miss a trick do they.
Local shops in our small precinct had to have security guards placed at entry points, as they sent their kids into shop lift anything they needed. (this has happened in the past)
They were driving over the football pitches on Quad Bikes & vans. They took over the exercise park,swings, and skateboard runs, so locals could not use them.
Locals were scared of the crime they might cause as there was a vast increase in the village 2 miles up the road previously, when they took over the local leisure centre car park.
It took a week to get a court order issued at The Local Crown Court to evict them immediately (valid for 3 months only), they moved off to annoy someone else, leaving 3 lorry loads of refuse in the 6 days they were there, see the pictures on my other thread, its disgusting the way they live and expect others to clean up after them.
The local paper ran the story, the gypsies were represented by their "Charity" that has been set up to protect all Romanies & Irish travellers as they should be treated as "An Ethnic Minority" and have rights as such, and protected against Racism remarks.
They also said it was the Local Councils fault for not providing sufficient "Transit" sites in Surrey for them to use, as we only have....8 in total.

On the other hand.

Van lifers have no recognised rights,they need to be offered more protection, maybe they could be also protected, come under the banner of an "Ethnic Minority Group", I say surely they should, as they dont cause as much damage, or illegally break into and enter Public/Private property, causing further damage, then go around the neighbourhood making a nuisance of themselves.
They just want to be independent, and not be a nuisance, and in most cases they do just that.
We Dont have the massive clear up to contend with when they leave,at the local taxpayers expense, no blight on the landscape.
The law needs changing, how can anyone causing damage like the Gypsies do, to illegally enter by force anywhere, be allowed to stay until the appropriate paperwork is served, without any recourse.
Gypsies, however, can come back, do the same after 3 months it would seem, and if they manage it, its because the council have not enough security measures in place to stop illegal access.

We would be arrested, and our vans confiscated if we did the same, arrested and be up in court made to pay all damages.
I should mention proof of legitimate ownership of their caravans, vans, quad bikes, tree shredders, etc , but the police dont bother, as they are too scared of being accused of over policing.
Rant over, the laws an ass!
LES

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
PS: To My Post above, check out other "Full timing Vlogers"on you tube, like Gadget John & others, they have had the same level of abuse. Remember they are stuck here in The UK, with no travel options. They have planned to travel extensively, earn a living on line, and not cause any nuisance to anyone.
Even our much loved Northernraider will be doing the same, shortly, I bet none on here would accuse him of leaving waste, being inconsiderate, and not clearing up after his dogs etc.
I think there may well be a touch of jealousy entering this thread, which is a shame, as they are for the most part nice genuine people, that care about the environment & most of all others.
LES

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Terrible. Shame they don’t have th
PS: To My Post above, check out other "Full timing Vlogers"on you tube, like Gadget John & others, they have had the same level of abuse. Remember they are stuck here in The UK, with no travel options. They have planned to travel extensively, earn a living on line, and not cause any nuisance to anyone.
Even our much loved Northernraider will be doing the same, shortly, I bet none on here would accuse him of leaving waste, being inconsiderate, and not clearing up after his dogs etc.
I think there may well be a touch of jealousy entering this thread, which is a shame, as they are for the most part nice genuine people, that care about the environment & most of all others.
LES
yes indeed they have. I have seen a few of their vlogs on the subject.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The van in the video above is one of the 3 vans that decided to drive up and cross the border in to Scotland back in March when the lockdown was started they parked up in a popular tourist spot by a loch and were told to piss off by the locals.
The same weekend 30 odd vans parked up in the carpark at Fort William and resulted in the council and police moving them on.

He seems to have a problem with common sense to be honest and I wonder if he picks places deliberately where he will look like he's on a jolly.

Not the brightest move and I'm sure its done for the youtube attention he gets

Personally can't be bothered with the "subscribe to my channel brigade "

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Poor sod, just wants to live his life, makes me feel kind of ashamed of England for some reason.
I agree and disagree ....he needs to learn to pick his parking spots better during this situation.

Parking anywhere that looks like you're out on a jolly just draws attention.

Theres loads of folk on the fulltime van groups and off grid groups etc told him as much over the last few months

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We were on a C&CC camp site when lockdown came in and the wardens gave us an hour to move. When we explained that at the moment we were living full time in the motorhome and had no home to go home to, they allowed us to stay another week until they closed probably

We were very lucky that a lovely farmer/campsite owner took us in (as a bonus it was quite close to work) but I remember the feeling of panic when we thought we were not going to have anywhere to park up safely and wouldn’t have access to water and electricity

The relief of being allowed on the site!

We are still there - now surrounded by holiday makers now - and not moving until the house is ready next month!

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
they parked up in a popular tourist spot
I know what you are saying about staying out of the limelight. But I don't think you are right on this. They didn't park in a touristy spot. They deliberatly tried to stay away from people.
Here is the video I am referring to.

Does this look like a tourist location right next to a loch?

To be fair to CJ he posts videos delayed long after he has left a location. Ash tends to be more up to date.

I am a fulltimer of 11 years.... I would never post a video of where I am, where I have been or where I am going. I value my privacy too much. But they don't cause any problems and don't warrant bricks being thrown at them or threats to burn down their van..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I agree and disagree ....he needs to learn to pick his parking spots better during this situation.

Parking anywhere that looks like you're out on a jolly just draws attention.

Theres loads of folk on the fulltime van groups and off grid groups etc told him as much over the last few months

They weren't parked on a road that leads anywhere... If you follow him, you will know that he ended up on private land 2 further times and ended up having to move for exactly the same reasons.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Because some of us suspected you were a human being and compassion is a basic requirement for that state of being?
are you calling me subhuman? I show compassion to people that deserve it I don't think this guy does.

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know what you are saying about staying out of the limelight. But I don't think you are right on this. They didn't park in a touristy spot. They deliberatly tried to stay away from people.
Here is the video I am referring to.

Does this look like a tourist location right next to a loch?

To be fair to CJ he posts videos delayed long after he has left a location. Ash tends to be more up to date.

I am a fulltimer of 11 years.... I would never post a video of where I am, where I have been or where I am going. I value my privacy too much. But they don't cause any problems and don't warrant bricks being thrown at them or threats to burn down their van..

I did watch the video several months ago ....i also saw the ones posted by others

They were in a very popular spot and 350 - 400 miles from where they come from

No excuse whatsoever for deciding when the country locked down and essential travel only to then drive that distance to another country and park up in a group in an area with already stretched resources during a pandemic.

Typically of these type of videos they only give their side of the story .....

Then when they left they drove another few hundred miles to a private spot of land offered to them from someone on the off grid group.

Like I said it wasn't the best move and broadcasting it all over youtube does nothing for discretion either.

As a fulltimer you will know yourself how difficult this life choice can be regarding parking.

I just think his and many others approach causes more harm.

Especially during a pandemic when every member of the public suddenly fancies themselves as the law

BTW....im in no way condoning any vigilantes making threats etc that is completely unacceptable....but I do think its daft to repeatedly put yourself in to that position..

Last edited:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Remember the new age travelers a dirty lot of tossers.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I had to press the show ignored content to see who the person was getting the replies to his stupid accusations of folk not picking up dog mess and dumping rubbish

I now realise why the persons on my ignore list ......

I didn't want to judge in case it was a joke, so asked the poster a question rather than jump to a conclusion.

It's nice to give people the benefit :)

I won't be seeing anymore bile though :)

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
and who pays to empty the rubbish bin? it's his choice to live like he does if he is struggling why should i have compassion for him?
You really have got out of the wrong side of the bed, people for so many reasons have full timed and have done for years then suddenly along comes Corvid 19, they don't have places to go and park up like magic and like all of us no idea what we were dealing with, I hope he is settled now there is enough to deal with without all these vigilantes know it alls.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
You really have got out of the wrong side of the bed, people for so many reasons have full timed and have done for years then suddenly along comes Corvid 19, they don't have places to go and park up like magic and like all of us no idea what we were dealing with, I hope he is settled now there is enough to deal with without all these vigilantes know it alls.
No carol I got out the same side of my bed that I have done for 40 years, I just don't like people making videos looking for sympathy when they are breaking the rules, I have no problem with full-timers just the guy in the video.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
There was another vanlifer who challenged a woman who was spreading absolutely demonstrable lies about a group of them . posted on youtube as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back