The EV Motorhome is a reality and here (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Or a Camper van spotted in France...Discuss ;)

1727437825584.png

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Yes, saw a couple of Buzz based campers when we were in Spain. Both Dutch registered. Don't know what the range between charges was but one was connected to the "normal" blue plug EHU to its charging point and another to its hab ehu...

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we met a solo traveller in Italy this year with a Nissan full electric, e-NV 200, she could only do around 160 miles at a time, she said she was concerned and had range anxiety all the time about the mileage, she went back to the UK early because of it. In the UK I don't there is as much of an issue as distances travelled between stops seem to provide opportunities to recharge, but in Northern Italy and through the Alps i think she had a few wobbles. She planned on going right down to Southern Italy but couldnt cope with the anxiety i think, so returned home. Such a shame as she seemed so brave and really wanted to make a go of it.

I am not 'knocking' EV's, i think they have a place in the campervan world and it wont be too long before larger motorhomes will start to enter the market at a realistic price and range - until then i think the early adopters will be paying through the nose for low range vehicles

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am not convinced that they will be anything more than a gimmick for a good while yet, I would have thought that Hybrid would be the first step and i'm not really aware of any yet, I had a conversation with a guy from Morelo and he said they had looked at electric but quickly dismissed the idea as the traction batteries took away too much space that they needed for motorhome components like tanks and heating systems.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The bigger the item the less suited to battery power they are. Phones, fans, watches all fantastic, bikes & motorcycles still ok, cars? Hmmm maybe. Motorhomes- no. HGV, JCBs - definitely not 😔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolcats

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The bigger the item the less suited to battery power they are. Phones, fans, watches all fantastic, bikes & motorcycles still ok, cars? Hmmm maybe. Motorhomes- no. HGV, JCBs - definitely not 😔
I dunno about that, my home is powered by batteries when the sun isn’t shining and my home is bigger than a moho 😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back