LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
They said go to the Dr as irritated eyes, especially just one, are usually foreign bodies or corneal ulcers. Both left untreated mean you can possibly lose your eye or sight.

They also need a slit lens and dye to diagnose properly, along with someone who knows how to use it.

Sometimes, it pays to take the advice.

Glad this time you got sorted though with no ill effects. šŸ‘
Agree about the consequences, however I walked it with dark shades on...they didn't look...just listened......and decided....it's was quite windy and lots of tree pollen around....being on a bike in these conditions can quite often caused me problems, I explained this...I normally carry Tebarat which sorts my problem...but didn't have any left...so two out of three said no....I upped my game at the third one...šŸ˜­.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I needed some antibiotics while travelling in Spain, Janie tried a few and they said visit the doctor, then she spotted a young man in a farmacia šŸ˜Æ after revealing some cleavage she came out and said success šŸ˜‰ he did say he shouldn't and he could only let you have it with another drug. šŸ‘
It doesn't matter now I'm an OAP and the UK are paying. šŸ˜Ž Bob.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I was in a pharmacia, with a Spanish friend, in the small village of Biar, trying to get Martin something for a bad, sickness and migraine bout. The pharmacist insisted he went to see a doctor.

He was backed up by a Spanish, "Ozzie" (from Biar, visiting family still living there, but Ozzie now) , who asked if we needed help šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. A stab in the bum, all will be good, were his words. Paco, our friend, and him had a conversation about Australia before we went to drag Martin to see the doctor. 20 minutes after receiving the "stab" he was so much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Still no word from Bepto

I hope his non reply is only because he's enjoying his time on Spain so much
Isn't anyone else wondering if this guy is ok?
Very strange he hasn't even looked in, never mind replying.
Is there anyone around where he said he was that could go and check or is there someone on here that's knows him that could contact him?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It is worrying, hopefully he's just getting on with his time away but very odd he's not been back to let us know he's recovered, apart from that one post where he said he felt a little better #39. He met an English couple who helped him but not funsters I think.
I'm not sure he ever identified exactly where he was parked up and although there were offers of help, I'm not sure if anyone actually met up with him ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It is worrying, hopefully he's just getting on with his time away but very odd he's not been back to let us know he's recovered, apart from that one post where he said he felt a little better #39. He met an English couple who helped him but not funsters I think.
I'm not sure he ever identified exactly where he was parked up and although there were offers of help, I'm not sure if anyone actually met up with him ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
In his first post he said he was here.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Im in javea 20 mins away.

Iā€™m mad busy this week, but Iā€™ve sent Bepto a PM. With an offer of help or translation if he needs it. Iā€™ve sent my number too.

I will let you know if I hear from him.

OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Sorry guys I spent some time just mainly sleeping, or trying to sleep & sort of zoned out of everything. I stayed in the same spot until this morning when I finally felt well enough to move on so headed South a little & currently parked in Altea wondering whether to move on or not from here. Thanks for all the offers of assistance & kind thoughts. Im still not 100% but getting there slowly.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Pharmacists are completely different to UK GPs, that is insulting to say the least.
My wife ( retired now for one month ) was a Consultant Radiologist , sheā€™s a slip of a thing and looks much younger than her 58 years . When asked once by a man ( not a patient ) what she did she for a living she replied , Radiologist , to which the man responded , ā€œ you mean radiographer ā€œ , ā€œ no i mean Radiologist ā€œ she replied . The man replied in a deeply patronising manner ā€œ If you were a Radiologist you would be a Doctor ā€œ My wife said ā€œ Thatā€™s what i must of been doing at Medical School for 5 years ! ā€œ šŸ˜‚
At least it shut him up!
To the OP im glad you are feeling better šŸ‘

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Im in javea 20 mins away.

Iā€™m mad busy this week, but Iā€™ve sent Bepto a PM. With an offer of help or translation if he needs it. Iā€™ve sent my number too.

I will let you know if I hear from him.
well Bepto

I am in the UK for a week or so. Let me know how you get on.

I will be passing Altea soon, albeit on a late flight from Manchester. I/we can always pop in.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
My wife ( retired now for one month ) was a Consultant Radiologist , sheā€™s a slip of a thing and looks much younger than her 58 years . When asked once by a man ( not a patient ) what she did she for a living she replied , Radiologist , to which the man responded , ā€œ you mean radiographer ā€œ , ā€œ no i mean Radiologist ā€œ she replied . The man replied in a deeply patronising manner ā€œ If you were a Radiologist you would be a Doctor ā€œ My wife said ā€œ Thatā€™s what i must of been doing at Medical School for 5 years ! ā€œ šŸ˜‚
At least it shut him up!
Iā€™m 64 and have a Somerset accent and was a partner in Sherborne which likes to think itā€™s posh. It was years before some of the patients stopped assuming I was a receptionist, you know the sort. The old colonials , or the ā€œprivoidsā€ as one of the old GPs called them. The ones who think they deserve special treatment.

I grew up in a council house so I think I was a bit like marmite for them! I grew on them though, or they eventually died, like dinosaurs.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
carolyn I know exactly what you mean being a woman from a working class background and (horror upon horror) with a northern accent working in a "man's" profession. I think if I had followed my dream and become a chartered engineer I would have been viewed as an exotic rather than an imposter!

My sister managed to lose her accent (which doesn't go down well when she is dealing with Mum's carers) and has always worked in education so didn't face the issues I did. She says she saw where I "made mistakes" by not pretending to be something I am not.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry guys I spent some time just mainly sleeping, or trying to sleep & sort of zoned out of everything. I stayed in the same spot until this morning when I finally felt well enough to move on so headed South a little & currently parked in Altea wondering whether to move on or not from here. Thanks for all the offers of assistance & kind thoughts. Im still not 100% but getting there slowly.
Glad you are ok now, please keep in touch with how you get on (y)

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
At least it shut him up!
My mates wife is a breast cancer surgeon and they went to Switzerland a cpl of years ago for her to get an award, everywhere they went people walked up to my mate and shook his hand as if he was the surgeon, hes 6'4 with hands like shovels and it annoyed him that senior professionals in that world would be like that, so he took great pleasure telling them he was a painter and decorator by trade then introducing the real Dr the petite woman stood at his side.
Another night they were in a que outside a trendy local wine bar and the doorman came to them and took them from the back of the que straight in, and bought them a drink. Puzzled my mate who was a bit of a boy in his time was wondering had he had a run in with this guy in his younger days? the doorman came back over as they were finishing their drinks and offered them another. My mate apologised for not recognising the guy and asked did they know each other and the doorman turned around and said "No mate, your wife saved my wife's life!" I said to my mate did you take the other drink from him? "Dead right I did!" he replied.šŸ˜‚

Glad to hear you are feeling better Bepto

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
carolyn I know exactly what you mean being a woman from a working class background and (horror upon horror) with a northern accent working in a "man's" profession. I think if I had followed my dream and become a chartered engineer I would have been viewed as an exotic rather than an imposter!

My sister managed to lose her accent (which doesn't go down well when she is dealing with Mum's carers) and has always worked in education so didn't face the issues I did. She says she saw where I "made mistakes" by not pretending to be something I am not.
I expect you feel like giving her a good slapping at times!

Iā€™m very proud of my background and my wonderful parents. I know in those days you didnā€™t pay fees and I had a full student grant but most of the children of my parents friends left school at 16 and brought money into the home. My parents kept me really until I was 24. They were so proud. My Mum worked in a shop and my Dad was a delivery van driver.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Pleased you are on the mend, Altea is very nice but hilly, take things easy!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Iā€™m very proud of my background and my wonderful parents. I know in those days you didnā€™t pay fees and I had a full student grant but most of the children of my parents friends left school at 16 and brought money into the home. My parents kept me really until I was 24. They were so proud. My Mum worked in a shop and my Dad was a delivery van driver.
I was the first in my family to do "A" levels and go to university. I had a job all the way through as even with tuition fees paid the maintenance grant didn't go very far. My parents were proud when I graduated even though I was one of only 6 females from a graduation class of 140. I was also the highest paid graduate from my class when I started work which was quite an achievement - but I think some of that was because it was a publicity stunt for my employer.

OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Update, feeling much better today & a little bit of positivity coming back, I was thinking of just heading home when I felt better but having planned this for so long that would be a shame & I know I would regret it in the long run. So, wasnt too happy with the parkup in Altea so my gut told me to move on. I ended up in Benidorm on the outskirts just in a car park for the night for somewhere to sleep. This morning I needed a quick shop but my main concern was my battery status which was running low (16%) so looked for a cheapish site with electrics to get it topped up.
Im all electric and use the airfryer. & microwave alot for cooking & havent been plugged in at all since leaving the UK on the 27th March so currently sitting on hookup in a 16 euro per night site in Benidorm & back to full capacity (560ah) + I got my laundry done which was a bonus.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Update, feeling much better today & a little bit of positivity coming back, I was thinking of just heading home when I felt better but having planned this for so long that would be a shame & I know I would regret it in the long run. So, wasnt too happy with the parkup in Altea so my gut told me to move on. I ended up in Benidorm on the outskirts just in a car park for the night for somewhere to sleep. This morning I needed a quick shop but my main concern was my battery status which was running low (16%) so looked for a cheapish site with electrics to get it topped up.
Im all electric and use the airfryer. & microwave alot for cooking & havent been plugged in at all since leaving the UK on the 27th March so currently sitting on hookup in a 16 euro per night site in Benidorm & back to full capacity (560ah) + I got my laundry done which was a bonus.
Which site are you in in Benidorm , there are quite a few.?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

I'm happy to read that you're now feeling much better. Stay on a place with leccy, charge all batteries, yours and the vans, and then enjoy Spain.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Camperlive, cheapest I could find at 16 euros but Leccy is seperate, will probably cost me a fortune.
More over to Finistrat than Beni but looks a reasonable walk to the old town beach area. It doesn't look too shady so you should get full sun on your solars to keep your battery topped up..
Cheap food in beni will save you cooking and washing up and lower your leccy bills :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back