Jun

Rally Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse Show and Rally 2023 (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
We can't make these dates but do find it sad that the lack of discount is affecting the normally high take up of this camping event which has been a Funster favourite for so many years so have asked Appletree if there is anything they can offer as understand that it was the discount code being shared & then used by non Funsters 😞 that had resulted in them withdrawing it for this year.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Appletree have now kindly agreed the following:
Funsters can pay a discounted rate of £17 per night for one motorhome & 2 people or £15 for solo motorhomers on the gate when staying a minimum of 2 nights with proof of Motorhome Fun membership. Last day for arrivals is Saturday 17 June. Please note that you need to request membership here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/membership-certificate/ (valid for one month) then show the email confirming this on your phone on arrival or bring a printed copy.
Payment on the gate is by cash or card. Those who have already booked online at £20 a night can have the difference refunded on arrival.
Don't forget to fill in the form on the first post here & post on this thread so that your marshals toledo know to expect you.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hope that helps some of you a little & that you have a great time! (y) :smiley:
Scuzza me for being thick which I readily admit to but could you please just explain to me the procedure, do I obtain the certificate, inform Toledo and then pay on the gate or do I some how need to book it via Appletreee?
Thanks in advance Les
and thanks for putting the effort in to obtain the concession, such a shame that people are disshonest in trying to obtain the discount in the first place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Scuzza me for being thick which I readily admit to but could you please just explain to me the procedure, do I obtain the certificate, inform Toledo and then pay on the gate or do I some how need to book it via Appletreee?
Thanks in advance Les
and thanks for putting the effort in to obtain the concession, such a shame that people are disshonest in trying to obtain the discount in the first place.
Hi Les - you can either book online at full price then request a partial refund on arrival or just pay on the gate at the discounted rate on arrival (don't forget to take proof of membership) - either way also fill in the form on the first post & also post that you are coming on this thread. Know it's a bit confusing but hopefully worth it for the discounted rate.
Perhaps Jim can amend the first post accordingly so it's clearer?

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Hi Les - you can either book online at full price then request a partial refund on arrival or just pay on the gate at the discounted rate on arrival - either way also fill in the form on the first post & also post that you are coming on this thread. Know it's a bit confusing but hopefully worth it for the discounted rate.
Perhaps Jim can amend the first post accordingly so it's clearer?
Certainly worth it, if the people who had not joined MHF but obtained a code from people who had on this rally alone they would have full membership of MHF and still be 20 quid in pocket. Any way I'll be on my high horse if I carry on so could you please clarify one more point, is the certificate to verify the date you booked ie showing you booked within the offer period ie the end of this month.
Sorry If this seems obvious but I do like to cross my t's and dot my i's where finance is concerned.
thanks
Les

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Certainly worth it, if the people who had not joined MHF but obtained a code from people who had on this rally alone they would have full membership of MHF and still be 20 quid in pocket. Any way I'll be on my high horse if I carry on so could you please clarify one more point, is the certificate to verify the date you booked ie showing you booked within the offer period ie the end of this month.
Sorry If this seems obvious but I do like to cross my t's and dot my i's where finance is concerned.
thanks
Les
Funsters need to show proof of Fun membership on arrival for the discounted rate or partial refund if already booked & paid the full price online. Proof obtained here Broken Link Removed
Would like to think that any motorhomer that wants to go along that isn't already a paid subscription Funster would pay now rather than nearer the time to take advantage of all the other Fun discounts & benefits :smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Sorry but we've had to cancel due to daughter in law booking a freebie holiday abroad for my birthday which clashes with dates

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Looking at turning Monday 12th June for 10 nights. Will pay at gates.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
If majority of Funsters pay on the gate how will Paul ( Appletree ) know how many are going to turn up?.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If majority of Funsters pay on the gate how will Paul ( Appletree ) know how many are going to turn up?.

He won't bad weather and they won't come.

Valid points.. I would have preferred a way of having a discount code now so I can book in advance and take a gamble on the weather. 👍

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If Funsters also fill in the form on the first post & post on this thread too as requested then that should give a good indication of numbers & if Appletree have the option on all the fields at Stratford then that's massive capacity. They will know from their ticket sales how the numbers for other camping areas are doing too.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Valid points.. I would have preferred a way of having a discount code now so I can book in advance and take a gamble on the weather. 👍
With the discount code misused before the discount method now on offer was the only option - everyone can still book online now at full price then request a partial refund on arrival on production of proof of Fun membership.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
If Funsters also fill in the form on the first post & post on this thread too as requested then that should give a good indication of numbers & if Appletree have the option on all the fields at Stratford then that's massive capacity. They will know from their ticket sales how the numbers for other camping areas are doing too.
I understand what your saying and really grateful you manage to obtain a discount for the Funsters, however I can see the advantage of not filling out the form on here which allows people to keep their options open until the last minute.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The evening entertainment has been added now & looks like some good acts - scroll down here https://www.appletree-exhibitions.co.uk/stratford-upon-avon-motorhome-show.html
With the added entertainment plus the daytime Show the four nights from Thursday 15th June would offer best value (Fun rate £60 for solos or £68 for couples) or six nights (Fun rate £90 for solos or £102 for couples) if the racing on the Tuesday is appealing.
Can understand why most may wait to see how the weather will be (great to have that option at same price (y) ) - June is usually a good time of year though :sun:

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I definitely don't go to Stratford for the day time show, great meet but the show is 💩.
Wouldn't camp at the Warners or Appletree events for just the daytime Shows as for us it's to explore the location & the company :hi5: Some do like all parts of these events though & always good to have as much going on as possible so choices.
Know that many love a car boot sale & maybe this one https://www.racecoursebootsale.com/stratford_car_boot_sale/stratford_racecourse_car_boot_sale.php will be taking place in the field next door to the Racecourse on the Saturday? Have seen some great bargains brought back to the field from that one in the past.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Wouldn't camp at the Warners or Appletree events for just the daytime Shows as for us it's to explore the location & the company :hi5: Some do like all parts of these events though & always good to have as much going on as possible so choices.
Know that many love a car boot sale & maybe this one https://www.racecoursebootsale.com/stratford_car_boot_sale/stratford_racecourse_car_boot_sale.php will be taking place in the field next door to the Racecourse on the Saturday? Have seen some great bargains brought back to the field from that one in the past.
Yeah free boot sale defo better than the 💩 show says something 😂

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In previous years, the boot sale has been moved to a field up the road by the Indian restaurant.

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
In previous years, the boot sale has been moved to a field up the road by the Indian restaurant.
Screenshot_2023-02-16-21-53-29-638_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Feb 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky1
Hi this is Tedder I’ve not booked with the club before but would like to join you for the rally.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
We will becoming for 7 nights ,We will arrive on Wednesday 14th. Will pay on gate , Thanks Audrey Michael

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Thanks Wombles for your assistance, decided to book and pay for the full 9 miles, rather fancy a day at the races. The last time I went to the races was Doncaster about 1962/3 when I was with in shouting distance of the late great Bing Crossby of course it didn't mean much to me at that time.:rolleyes:
Form filled out for Stewards(y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Funsters need to show proof of Fun membership on arrival for the discounted rate or partial refund if already booked & paid the full price online. Proof obtained here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/membership-certificate/ is only valid for one month so needs to be done less than a month before arrival.
Would like to think that any motorhomer that wants to go along that isn't already a paid subscription Funster would pay now rather than nearer the time to take advantage of all the other Fun discounts & benefits :smiley:
IMPORTANT UPDATE for those paying on the gate or having paid online & claiming partial refund & needing proof of Fun membership - the new link to do this is here Broken Link Removed
Worth doing it now & opting to send a copy to your email address as it lasts until the end of this year (y)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
IMPORTANT UPDATE for those paying on the gate or having paid online & claiming partial refund & needing proof of Fun membership - the new link to do this is here Broken Link Removed
Worth doing it now & opting to send a copy to your email address as it lasts until the end of this year (y)
Done, in my saved emails.

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
View attachment 689104

Camping on the racecourse, a walk along the Avon into town, and a day at the races

Camping starts from Monday 12th June until Wednesday 21st June.
FREE RACE DAY TICKETS TUESDAY 20TH JUNE

To Book this rally with MotorhomeFun follow this 3 step process

1. Book with Appletree Events. .
  2. Fill This Form. This gives vital information to our Rally Marshals.
  3. Tell us you are coming by Posting in this rally Thread

EDIT. See here for revised pricing. Revised Pricing
Is it the same one as advertised in caravan and motorhome magazine?Do you get in the caravan show free too?Says free entertainment,race day ticket with price but nothing about show.Not been before

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back