Jun

Rally Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse Show and Rally 2023 (2 Viewers)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Untitled-1.jpg

Camping on the racecourse, a walk along the Avon into town, and a day at the races

Camping starts from Monday 12th June until Wednesday 21st June.
FREE RACE DAY TICKETS TUESDAY 20TH JUNE

To Book this rally with MotorhomeFun follow this 3 step process

1. Book with Appletree Events. .
  2. Fill This Form. This gives vital information to our Rally Marshals.
  3. Tell us you are coming by Posting in this rally Thread

EDIT. See here for revised pricing. Revised Pricing

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good to see this one again - Appletree normally do a Fun discount for this - Jim & toledo is there a code for next year?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Spoken to Appletree this morning Unfortunately there are no discount codes this year :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Just booked Jim, I’ve been before with another club and I’d have to say a great site 👍

Edit. Arriving Saturday 17th for 4 nights

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
Buntingford
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Platinum
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Jim,
Just booked with Appletree and filled in the form. Lets look forward to another great Summer. Seasons Greetings to you and your wife

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Do you know if it coincides with the River Festival?

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Booked from Tuesday June 13th.
See you there!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Must say we stayed here for a few nights after the NEC show just gone.
Cracking site and a very helpful friendly lady warden sorted us out.
15 min walk into the town on flat ground that has more restaurants/tea rooms per square mile than I’ve ever seen and the town itself is very compact so not to spread out.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Disappointed about this. At £20 a night it's expensive for us solos. ☹

Have to agree even as a couple. Love Stratford but we never go for the show but for the Fun company.
Be cheaper to go onto the campsite a few days before or after the show. !!
Making me think about doing less days if we go this year, not much encouragement to attend for the whole time :doh:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Totally agree Steve, £20 is too much especially as its a potential 9 nighter.
We will probably go for just a few days. But will leave it a while to see what else is available.and as you say the site is cheaper outsude the Appletree meet.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Ok don't forget you got 4 nights entertainment and a £35 ticket for the races on Tuesday the minimum stay is the 3 nights while the show is on. The outs
ide site which is caravan and camping club is £18 per night and nothing on.
Paul has just contacted me to ask us to the marshaling that week
Hope to see you there .

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Will do seven nights, not sure yet as to which dates, will plan around other meets.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure if we are going this year as much as we like Stratford Show but we were disappointed with how we were parked up in the funsters field last year
We were all parked up facing forward where our seating and leasure side was in the shade after midday so no bbq and also we were so close together compared to the general parking areas the funsters field was only a third full
I know what everyone is saying and well I expect we will but I am still having my say that the marshals could have a bit more common sense
By the way I did find out that tree funsters did actually move to the general parking

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ok don't forget you got 4 nights entertainment and a £35 ticket for the races on Tuesday the minimum stay is the 3 nights while the show is on. The outs
ide site which is caravan and camping club is £18 per night and nothing on.
Paul has just contacted me to ask us to the marshaling that week
Hope to see you there .

Never attended any of the entertainment nights, prefer the Funster nights. As for the racing I think the racecourse re-coup extra income from people who would not normally attend such an event. IE in the bar etc..

The big issue for me is there is no discount price for longer stays. Something to tempt me to spend a week there, like we have in past years. At present maybe only looking at 3 nights.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Booked - Fri 16th to Tue 20th.

Anyone know what time last race usually is on Tuesday? I am assuming we can't leave and cross the track until after racing has finished?

Kelvin Barnett

Free Member
Jan 10, 2018
Funster No
View attachment 689104

Camping on the racecourse, a walk along the Avon into town, and a day at the races

Camping starts from Monday 12th June until Wednesday 21st June.
FREE RACE DAY TICKETS TUESDAY 20TH JUNE

To Book this rally with MotorhomeFun follow this 3 step process

1. Book with Appletree Events. .
  2. Fill This Form. This gives vital information to our Rally Marshals.
  3. Tell us you are coming by Posting in this rally Thread
Just to let people know there has been a lot of work around the entrance to Stratford, a number of houses have been built around there, I think there may be a roundabout there so layout is different

Kelvin Barnett

Free Member
Jan 10, 2018
Funster No
Just to let people know there has been a lot of work around the entrance to Stratford, a number of houses have been built around there, I think there may be a roundabout there so layout is different
Sorry should have said Stratford race course

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We can't make these dates but do find it sad that the lack of discount is affecting the normally high take up of this camping event which has been a Funster favourite for so many years so have asked Appletree if there is anything they can offer as understand that it was the discount code being shared & then used by non Funsters 😞 that had resulted in them withdrawing it for this year.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Appletree have now kindly agreed the following:
Funsters can pay a discounted rate of £17 per night for one motorhome & 2 people or £15 for solo motorhomers on the gate when staying a minimum of 2 nights with proof of Motorhome Fun membership. Last day for arrivals is Saturday 17 June. Please note that you need to request membership here Broken Link Removed then show the email confirming this on your phone on arrival or bring a printed copy.
Payment on the gate is by cash or card. Those who have already booked online at £20 a night can have the difference refunded on arrival.
Don't forget to fill in the form on the first post here & post on this thread so that your marshals toledo know to expect you.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hope that helps some of you a little & that you have a great time! (y) :smiley:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Winger Centurian John n Jinny BobJayne Jev88 diddydave - please see the post #24 above ref. discounted pricing - you can have the difference you have paid refunded on arrival (y)
Hi Wendo55 :hi: solo motorhomers are now discounted to £15 per night (minimum of 2 nights) so hope that may make this one viable again for you & your friends.
Hi tonka Jimbohorlicks Chocy boy beerdrinker1 - please see post #24 - the newly discounted rate is just 29p a night more than last year with a minimum of just two nights :smiley:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Winger Centurian John n Jinny BobJayne Jev88 diddydave - please see the post #24 above ref. discounted pricing - you can have the difference you have paid refunded on arrival (y)
Hi Wendo55 :hi: solo motorhomers are now discounted to £15 per night (minimum of 2 nights) so hope that may make this one viable again for you & your friends.
Hi tonka Jimbohorlicks Chocy boy beerdrinker1 - please see post #24 - the newly discounted rate is just 29p a night more than last year with a minimum of just two nights :smiley:
👍👍 Great news.
Will look again at the dates. We do like to do a full week over the Stratford show.

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Booked 14th to 21st, looking forward to it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun