Spain to impose hard border on Gibraltar after Brexit talks stall (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We can live with the 90/180 day ruling.
We’re already in the winter sun zone.
It a bit like finding those unknown Irish or other European relatives and in those cases very surprising the people who have applied for passports from other countries to get around it!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
And in the meantime, the 35,000 or so Gibraltarians manage to smoke their way through 117 million cartons of cigarettes a year . . . . . .
With that and offshore investments it does make you wonder how much of a real economy there is

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
And in the meantime, the 35,000 or so Gibraltarians manage to smoke their way through 117 million cartons of cigarettes a year . . . . . .

And?
You know and I know that it’s the Spaniards who buy it in Gib.
Our prices are currently much cheaper but so is Andorra’s or Spain’s compared to France.
Any sarcasm there?

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I must say, that was embarrassing, out of place, stupid and completely unnecessary.
I hope they are given an exemplary punishment.
Can you imagine the uproar at home and abroad if the England team had done the same for keeping it British? Or for the Falklands?

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Andorra is not a Schengen State but has agreed to apply Schengen rules, as I believe Vatican City and San Marino do.

Indeed and neither are faced with a sovereignty takeover by a very hostile neighbour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It affects everyone. I'm actually pro UK just a different UK to those stuck in the past harking back to the 1950's and episodes of love thy neighbour and Alf Garnett
So anyone who decides to exercise their democrat right to vote for something you dont agree with are thick racists with nostalgia issues?

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
If they want to vote in a British election they have to abide by the result.

I would rephrase that because we are not allowed to vote in a British election. (Hence the Spaniards (rightful) claim that we are a colony. But that's for another volume..)

The gist should be that because we want to align with being British, we had to accept the Brexit result.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I would rephrase that because we are not allowed to vote in a British election. (Hence the Spaniards (rightful) claim that we are a colony. But that's for another volume..)

The gist should be that because we want to align with being British, we had to accept the Brexit result.
Fair enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back