Sep

Rally Shepton Motorhome Show - September 2023 (1 Viewer)

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
We had no issues with anyone in Fun getting off last year if I remember correctly. Those in the grand ring had a nightmare though. Entry is through one of two narrow gateways both of which were quickly churned up. At least one Autotrail hit one of the posts while sliding sideways.

Luckily, where the MHF pitches are, the ground slopes slightly down towards the exhibition area, so it tends to drain quite quickly. I think last year where I was pitched at the top, it was completely dry by the time we left the site.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
And close again at 9pm sharp even if there are problems on the roads.

Warner's are very tough on this point. Turn up at 21:02 and you will find the camping gate locked. We have zero influence on the matter. I went to the gate a year or so ago (at Newbury I think) as we knew another Funster was arriving imminently, but could not persuade them to wait even a couple of minutes. It's mainly because the working time directive affecting their marshalls who are on duty 8am to 9pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
Rallying in Zumerset.

View attachment 688172

To Book this rally with MotorhomeFun follow this 3 step process
  1. Book with Warners. Choose Club Booking, MotorhomeFun. Give your Username where they ask for Membership Number.
  2. Fill This Form. This gives vital information to our Rally Marshals.
  3. Tell us you are coming by Posting in this rally Thread
Looking forward to catching up , weather looking great as well for a change 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
For personal reasons, we have had to pull out of the Shepton show. My big brother Eddy Ejaydee has stepped into the breach to help Lee Fryer with the marshalling.

Will miss catching up with you all, especially with the glorious weather you are promised. Have a great rally everyone.

Robin & Hilary
What a great shame and hope nothing serious

Hope to meet up on another rally soon

Best wishes

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have a pair of Milenco MGI T3 Maxi levels which are almost new in a black bag. £30 to anyone coming to the show that wants them. Let me know so that I can bring them otherwise they can stay at home!

Milenco MGI T3 Maxi Levelling Ramps

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
We are all ready for you, the sun is shining and Lee and I are looking forward to seeing you!

IMG_0956.jpeg

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Really sorry to not being with you all, Mike still in hospital, they drained more than 2 litres blood from the lung cavity, yuk, he has more tests and xrays to come.
Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Only 3 arrivals today so far so I don’t know where the hordes are?

At least we no longer feel as if we were sent to Coventry when we arrived but we are nice and level and on gravel in case there is a flash flood!

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Did anyone else see the little Eagle. What a great act. Much better that the crappy 80's rock show.

State of Quo were very good too.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Did anyone else see the little Eagle. What a great act. Much better that the crappy 80's rock show.

State of Quo were very good too.
‘Crappy’ 80s rock show was absolutely brilliant, a very accomplished band. Left State of Quo after 10 mins before my ears started bleeding!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back