Sep

Rally Shepton Motorhome Show - September 2023 (1 Viewer)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
meanders ,Robin are you Marshall for this one ?
Yes we are.

Everyone else please note bookings close on Wednesday. Numbers are low so far. Just 26 of us. Yet it's usually a good show with some different west country exhibitors.

Some good entertainment though.

Thursday
Showering Pavilion: Phoenix River Band | Total Who Show

Friday
Showering Pavilion: That 80's Rock Show | State of Quo
Wessex Pavilion A: The Little Eagles

Saturday
Showering Pavilion*: The Animals 3 | Maet Live & The Never Neverland Express | Money For Nothing (Dire Straits Tribute)
Wessex Pavilion A: Absolutely Elton

Sunday
Showering Pavilion: Fired Up | Fleetwood Shack (Fleetwood Mac Tribute)

Last edited:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Robin . Just wanted to make sure you are aware we have had to cancel . I didn’t want you waiting around for us 👍.
Warners have given us a credit note to use for one of next years shows .

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Robin . Just wanted to make sure you are aware we have had to cancel . I didn’t want you waiting around for us 👍.
Warners have given us a credit note to use for one of next years shows .
Thanks. Can you start a conversation with me containing your surname please? Then I can remove you from the list if Warners have not already done so.

Really grateful as it means we do not hang around waiting for someone that's never going to show up.

Thanks ... Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Can we please be parked on the hardstanding, reason is we need to use the mobility scooter. You parked us there last year, which was really excellent.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Can we please be parked on the hardstanding, reason is we need to use the mobility scooter. You parked us there last year, which was really excellent.
If we are in the same location we can. However until we get there, we rarely know the precise layout. Please remind the marshals on arrival.

Nov 12, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have just booked and arriving Thursday afternoon

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Form filled in. Arriving Thursday, hopefully before noon.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Dont forget the Bristol Clean Air (TAX) zone is now active.
Forget entering if over 3500kg as its £100 a day and under its £9 each day!
Even if you avoid the area it will cost you more in extra fuel and the avoidance routes will be busier, so either way it will cost.

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Hi All

So we'll be travelling up from Lymington area on 6th and need to overnight (free!!?) in safe layby please

Our route is A362/A361 so somewhere around Warminster would be good - we have dog so somewhere safe for her to walk/exercise would be brilliant - i.e. not somewhere directly beside main road ;)

All recommendations greatly received and see you all on 7th

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Booked. First time Motorhomefun.
Be gentle with me😄
We are gentle with everyone ..... To begin with anyway! :rofl:

Just kidding. There's no dancing or meeting around the flagpole, funny handshakes, or other initiation ceremonies. When we park you up, make the effort to introduce yourself to your neighbours and you will be just fine. Unfortunately at Shepton we will not have Jim with his tea tent, so limited opportunity for meeting up as a group of Funsters. You will be most welcome though. :giggle:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi All

So we'll be travelling up from Lymington area on 6th and need to overnight (free!!?) in safe layby please

Our route is A362/A361 so somewhere around Warminster would be good - we have dog so somewhere safe for her to walk/exercise would be brilliant - i.e. not somewhere directly beside main road ;)

All recommendations greatly received and see you all on 7th
Lee Fryer may be able to make a recommendation but bumping this for you anyway. However, you might get a better response by posting a new thread in the 'Local Knowledge' area of the forum with 'Overnight stopping point in the Warminster area; or similar as the title. Funster's not attending Shepton probably will ignore the thread.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Think Ive booked arriving thursday.
If you start a private conversation with me and send your surname and postcode, I will be able to confirm if you are on the list Warners have sent me. If you click on the Meanders name under my avatar on the left, then 'start conversation' is one of the options, Please do not put your details on this thread. (y)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just seen the show guide. We are in the same place as the last couple of years albeit probably with less allocated space. The guide is that. We get the actual space shown on arrival. At least we are not in the grand ring. Last year it was a mud bath for those in there.

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Just seen the show guide. We are in the same place as the last couple of years albeit probably with less allocated space. The guide is that. We get the actual space shown on arrival. At least we are not in the grand ring. Last year it was a mud bath for those in there.
Have we got the "tractor boys/girls" on standby then ? 🤔

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Hopefully might dry out a bit this coming week, but return to unsettled conditions next weekend, especially Sunday not looking good at this stage.

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We had no issues with anyone in Fun getting off last year if I remember correctly. Those in the grand ring had a nightmare though. Entry is through one of two narrow gateways both of which were quickly churned up. At least one Autotrail hit one of the posts while sliding sideways.

We are not in there though, so again, expect no issues even if it is wet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back