Sep

Rally Shepton Motorhome Show Rally (1 Viewer)

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Thanks for marshaling and organising the weekend, we have enjoyed it and you couldn't have made the weather better if you tried😁.

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Thanks for marshaling the weekend, we enjoyed our weekend.

We left at 8am so didn’t get chance to say goodbye, we had a good run home 4hrs not bad.

Jul 5, 2022
Bridport, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
30 years
Had a great time thanks for all the hard work.

Now please tell me the we are not going mad. Did anyone hear a helicopter in the early hours of the morning flying very low over the site? We thought it was going to land on the roof. Others we have asked did not hear anything.
Yes the helicopter did land by the main exhibitors gates just before 2 am this morning.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004

Now please tell me the we are not going mad. Did anyone hear a helicopter in the early hours of the morning flying very low over the site? We thought it was going to land on the roof. Others we have asked did not hear anything.
You were not dreaming. I can't go into too much detail for obvious confidentiality reasons, added to which there is much I do not know. A Funster and nonFunster camping in general were permitted to move down onto the hard standing yesterday with the agreement of Warner's. The Funsters father in law was taken very ill in their bathroom that night. The Warner's first aid staff responded immediately and the air ambulance brought in a full medical team. The patient was transferred to Yeovil hospital by road.

I have asked the Funster to update us an a day or two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We need to thank also the unsung marshalling heroes. Lee Fryer and Eddy Ejaydee who frankly did the bulk of the hard work Thursday, also to everyone that helped out.

Funsters also gave me more money for the charity amounting to another £10. Thank you one and all.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011

John the van

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Thanks to Hillary, Robin,Lee and Ed for parking us up in at times of heavy down pours. The sun came out Saturday and Sunday which was very nice.
We wish the funsters father a speedy recovery.
Hope to see some of you guys at Lincoln.
Take care
John & Jackie

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Thanks to all for a great weekend.
The bands were excellent, with several getting standing ovations.
Shame the exhibitors and dealers were thin on the ground. Loads of old vans, all, at least, 25% overpriced, if not 50% ! I only spotted about 5 total, that had been sold by sunday compared to about 40% at Norwich. Sign of the times?
Sunday lunch was so popular there was an hours' wait at one point.
Next trip: 90 days in europe in January.
Rock on!

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
A big thanks to meanders. Lee Fryer & Ejaydee, hope your raincoats have dried out. Well, we did get some sunshine. :sun::sun::sun:Felt sorry for the traders on Friday desperately trying and failing to protect their stock from the elements.
Apparently, the Gin masterclass was good, and the ELO tribute band were amazing, could have listened to them a lot longer.

Great to see so many faces at Shepton that have also visited our CL, sorry if we gave anybody else the hard sell to visit. (Blame the gin). :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Th
1663015154253.png
e balance.

Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Each time we passed the Moho Fun corner, Hillary and Robin were not in their moho, so we were not able to register. Did not know of details of tea/biscuit get together.
next time maybe!!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Each time we passed the Moho Fun corner, Hillary and Robin were not in their moho, so we were not able to register. Did not know of details of tea/biscuit get together.
next time maybe!!
Really sorry to have missed you. I did try to get round to to speak to everyone but it seemed some were never in their vans. But then, folks were there mainly for the show.

Soooo lucky with the weather for the Saturday afternoon gathering. Pity about the black and yellow striped aggressors. 😟 Hopefully those that got stung have no lasting effects.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
As Shepton is not easy to get to a lot of Dealers and accessory sellers won't do it.
Add the cost of the stand and other expenses and it makes it even less attractive! So don't forget to support us small family businesses, or you may find we don't bother attending.
Most traders had a poor show at Shepton so there will be even less next year.
Selling online is so much easier and has less expenses, we are constantly considering if its worth all the money, hassle, time and risk in attending shows.
Our last show this year is Lincoln. Hope to see plenty of funsters.

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
You were not dreaming. I can't go into too much detail for obvious confidentiality reasons, added to which there is much I do not know. A Funster and nonFunster camping in general were permitted to move down onto the hard standing yesterday with the agreement of Warner's. The Funsters father in law was taken very ill in their bathroom that night. The Warner's first aid staff responded immediately and the air ambulance brought in a full medical team. The patient was transferred to Yeovil hospital by road.

I have asked the Funster to update us an a day or two.
Hi
Yes It was my brother in law who was taken very ill during the early hours of Monday. He was having "an episode" caused by a bleed on the brain.
We need to thank all the shows security & medical staff who came help us. They were brilliant. The fact that there was a fully equipped para-medic on site, who administered oxygen and other first aid quickly may very well have saved his life. When I first contacted 999 we were told it could be several hours before an ambulance could attend.
Once we got him out of the Moho (after removing the toilet door) he was taken to the on site medical facility. The paramedic arranged for a doctor to come by helicopter as a matter of urgency. The doctor managed to stabilise him, & he was taken by road to Yeovil general hospital. He is recovering & will be transferred to the John Radcliffe in Oxford in the next few days. We hope he will make a full recovery, time will tell.
By the way my brother in law is the father of the Guitar Legends lead singer who performed at the show on Thursday evening.

One important thing during my panic call to 999, I was asked for my location, which you can imagine was very difficult to explain amongst all the other white Motorhomes on site. The 999 operator said tell me your "three word location", I didn't have a clue. So make sure you have the "three word location" app on your phones as you may need it.
Sorry to those who were woken by all the noise & thanks to Meanders for his help.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi
Yes It was my brother in law who was taken very ill during the early hours of Monday. He was having "an episode" caused by a bleed on the brain.
We need to thank all the shows security & medical staff who came help us. They were brilliant. The fact that there was a fully equipped para-medic on site, who administered oxygen and other first aid quickly may very well have saved his life. When I first contacted 999 we were told it could be several hours before an ambulance could attend.
Once we got him out of the Moho (after removing the toilet door) he was taken to the on site medical facility. The paramedic arranged for a doctor to come by helicopter as a matter of urgency. The doctor managed to stabilise him, & he was taken by road to Yeovil general hospital. He is recovering & will be transferred to the John Radcliffe in Oxford in the next few days. We hope he will make a full recovery, time will tell.
By the way my brother in law is the father of the Guitar Legends lead singer who performed at the show on Thursday evening.

One important thing during my panic call to 999, I was asked for my location, which you can imagine was very difficult to explain amongst all the other white Motorhomes on site. The 999 operator said tell me your "three word location", I didn't have a clue. So make sure you have the "three word location" app on your phones as you may need it.
Sorry to those who were woken by all the noise & thanks to Meanders for his help.
What3words is the app which gives you a 3m2 location anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
What3words is the app which gives you a 3m2 location anywhere in the world.
Can't recommend W3W or What3Words highly enough. I would encourage everyone to install it on your phones NOW. I used it last year when I needed breakdown assistance. It's on Apple App Store and Google Play Store so no excuse. The ambulance service and police now ask for it in most areas.

Fiojay

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Really sorry to have missed you. I did try to get round to to speak to everyone but it seemed some were never in their vans. But then, folks were there mainly for the show.

Soooo lucky with the weather for the Saturday afternoon gathering. Pity about the black and yellow striped aggressors. 😟 Hopefully those that got stung have no lasting effects.
Yes, it was a great weekend. Thanks for putting on the cake and biscuits. No lasting effects from the striped one for me, just a fat lip. But I don't think the wasp will fly again :ROFLMAO:. Thanks for your concern.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I know this is not the music thread but for all those who enjoyed the headline act on Saturday night and were at the back so could not see the band here they are again.

Electrik Live Orchestra Tribute to ELO perform the classic song 'All over the world'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back